HIGHLIGHTED IN GREEN = APRIL 17, 2019 CHANGES
HIGHLIGHTED IN BLUE = UPCOMING CHANGES

UNIT NAME: Jedi Knight Anakin
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Attacker, Galactic Republic, Jedi, Leader
High-pressure Jedi attacker that punishes enemies for wounding his allies

ABILITIES:

Basic: Deft Bladework
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with an 80% chance to inflict Healing Immunity and Buff Immunity for 2 turns.

Special 1: Overpowering Assault (Cooldown 3)
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and grant all allies Offense Up and Critical Chance Up for 2 turns. For each enemy critically hit, grant Protection Up (10%, stacking) to each Galactic Republic ally for 1 turn. If Padmé Amidala is an ally, dispel all buffs on all enemies. This attack can't be evaded.

Leader: On the Offensive
FINAL TEXT: Jedi and Clone allies have +30% Offense and +20% Critical Damage, and other allies have half that amount. Whenever an ally is evaded, they gain Advantage for 2 turns.

Unique: Righteous Fury
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 100% more damage if all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle. If Padmé Amidala is an ally, she takes a bonus turn after each of Anakin's bonus turns.

Replies

• CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited May 2019
    Frequently Asked Questions:
    • Q: Does the "if" qualifier apply to both the bonus turn and the bonus damage or only the bonus damage?
    • A: There are two "If" statements. The first sentence/statement says the bonus damage is conditional on if you have a full team of Galactic Republic allies but not for Anakin's bonus turn. You only need another ally to drop below 50% to trigger Anakin's Bonus Turn. Then the second sentence is a separate statement, Padme takes a bonus turn after Anakin if she is an ally
    Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Pretty great synergy with Padme. I always loved Anakin's kit in this game after his rework years ago so I'm excited to run him again under a Galactic Republic team instead of Sith Empire or Jedi Knight Revan
  • Concerning the unique, does the "if" qualifier apply to both the bonus turn and the bonus damage or only the bonus damage?
  • Anakin no longer gets his +100% bonus damage with Jedi Revan. There goes my DR/Malak counter team.
  • Concerning the unique, does the "if" qualifier apply to both the bonus turn and the bonus damage or only the bonus damage?

This.
  • I'm hoping at the end of the day the whole thing just reads like this with no color:
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 100% more damage if all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle. If Padmé Amidala is an ally, she takes a bonus turn after each of Anakin's bonus turns.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited May 2019
    Concerning the unique, does the "if" qualifier apply to both the bonus turn and the bonus damage or only the bonus damage?
    There are two "If" statements. The first sentence/statement says the bonus damage is conditional on if you have a full team of Galactic Republic allies but not Anakin's bonus turn. Then the second sentence is a separate statement, Padme takes a bonus turn after Anakin if she is an ally
    Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on
  • Okay so Anakin still takes the bonus turn with non GR but doesn't get the bonus damage?
  • Question: Why does Anakin only have 4 (3 to be perfectly honest, that leadership isn't all that useful) abilities? Considering this is the 3rd time in the game's history he's being changed significantly I was expecting him to have 5 or 6 abilities like every other reworked major hero. (Except ahsoka, apparently)
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Concerning the unique, does the "if" qualifier apply to both the bonus turn and the bonus damage or only the bonus damage?
    There are two "If" statements. The first sentence/statement says the bonus damage is conditional if you have a full team of Galactic Republic allies but not Anakin's bonus turn. Then the second sentence is a separate statement, Padme takes a bonus turn after Anakin if she is an ally

That is NOT how it reads. It reads that the bonus damage and bonus turn are BOTH conditional on him being in a full Galactic Republic team. @CG_SBCrumb
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    So the zeta addition is just to grant padme a bonus turn after his? Ie, non zeta still has the bonus turn and 100% damage if all allies are GR.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • @CG_SBCrumb Can you possibly give us an update on the SA refund for gear? Would like to use some of it for the next event.
  • AceCV
    993 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »
    So the zeta addition is just to grant padme a bonus turn after his? Ie, non zeta still has the bonus turn and 100% damage if all allies are GR.

Seems like it.... zeta only gives the Padme extra turn.... the other stuff in blue is just a NERF in unique ability starting on tier 1 since they add the GR limitation.
  • Ikky2win wrote: »
    There are two "If" statements. The first sentence/statement says the bonus damage is conditional if you have a full team of Galactic Republic allies but not Anakin's bonus turn. Then the second sentence is a separate statement, Padme takes a bonus turn after Anakin if she is an ally

That is NOT how it reads. It reads that the bonus damage and bonus turn are BOTH conditional on him being in a full Galactic Republic team. @CG_SBCrumb

Easy there killer, that was how I read it. It reads both ways, depends on your interpretation. That said, it should be clearer.

@CG_SBCrumb I’d like to propose rewording it as such, just changing the order of the second half should clarify:

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and if all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle his next attack deals 100% more damage. If Padmé Amidala is an ally, she takes a bonus turn after each of Anakin's bonus turns.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    In a mirror match what happens if Team A's Anakin goes and triggers Team B's Anakin's unique

Does Team A's Padme go next or Team B's Anakin and Padme go next? Or is it RNG coin flip?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    In a mirror match what happens if Team A's Anakin goes and triggers Team B's Anakin's unique

Does Team A's Padme go next or Team B's Anakin and Padme go next? Or is it RNG coin flip?

Oh dang...that’s a doozy.
  • AceCV
    993 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Ultra wrote: »

Probably the game crash and we got the 666 error code :).

Easy there killer, that was how I read it. It reads both ways, depends on your interpretation. That said, it should be clearer.

@CG_SBCrumb I’d like to propose rewording it as such, just changing the order of the second half should clarify:

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and if all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle his next attack deals 100% more damage. If Padmé Amidala is an ally, she takes a bonus turn after each of Anakin's bonus turns.

It does not read both ways. It’s not a matter of interpretation. The way it reads currently the bonus damage AND the bonus turn are dependent on the entire team being Galactic Republic . Now I’m not saying that’s how it’s going to work, but that is 100% how it reads now. The two key phrases are in bold below: and and if.

Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 100% more damage if all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle.
  • The zeta is confusing--took me a good five mins to wrap my head around it; "if all living and defeated allies are Galactic Republic" would be way less confusing than "if all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle." The way it is, it makes it seem like it's possible for units to gain or lose the Galactic Republic tag mid-battle.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Mikayas
    94 posts Member
    Not even trying to be rude, but why is there not someone with a very good education in the rules of grammar proofreading these kit releases where ****, word order, and punctuation are all crucial in clearly communicating what the effects of a kit actually are?
  • Mikayas
    94 posts Member
    seriously. D I C T I O N is a not a swear....
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    The zeta is confusing--took me a good five mins to wrap my head around it; "if all living and defeated allies are Galactic Republic" would be way less confusing than "if all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle." The way it is, it makes it seem like it's possible for units to gain or lose the Galactic Republic tag mid-battle.

I literally just made another post about that:

“Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 100% more damage if all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle. ”

The phrase I’m looking at is “at the start of the battle.” Why didn’t they just say “if all allies are Galactic Republic.” Does that mean there is going to be some way to start the battle with all Galactic Republic but end the battle with a non-Galactic Republic character?? Some new character skill that allows you to steal an opponent’s character or something? A character turning from light side to dark side mid-battle? Something else?

That is how it reads. Two separate statements, otherwise there would be an "And" in between the two.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    Ikky2win wrote: »

It does not read both ways. It’s not a matter of interpretation. The way it reads currently the bonus damage AND the bonus turn are dependent on the entire team being Galactic Republic . Now I’m not saying that’s how it’s going to work, but that is 100% how it reads now. The two key phrases are in bold below: and and if.

Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 100% more damage if all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle.

I think it could be fixed with a comma before and.
    The zeta is confusing--took me a good five mins to wrap my head around it; "if all living and defeated allies are Galactic Republic" would be way less confusing than "if all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle." The way it is, it makes it seem like it's possible for units to gain or lose the Galactic Republic tag mid-battle.

“Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 100% more damage if all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle. ”

The phrase I’m looking at is “at the start of the battle.” Why didn’t they just say “if all allies are Galactic Republic.” Does that mean there is going to be some way to start the battle with all Galactic Republic but end the battle with a non-Galactic Republic character?? Some new character skill that allows you to steal an opponent’s character or something? A character turning from light side to dark side mid-battle? Something else?

Easy answer. You start the battle with someone not GR. That character dies. You now have all GR allies, but you didn’t start the battle that way. They don’t want it to become effective at some point mid-battle like that, it’s either in effect throughout or not at all.

Pretty sure that's not what they mean. If you start a battle using JKR, GMY, GK, Jolee and JKA the you lose jolee and JKR you have 3 Galactic Republic allies left, thus all current allies are Galactic Republic. I'm sure they don't want a situation like that triggering off Anakin so they put in the insurance policy of saying at the start all allies have to be Galactic Republic. CG is very much aware by now that we are notorious for finding cracks and loopholes and manipulating them to our benefit.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    There are two "If" statements. The first sentence/statement says the bonus damage is conditional on if you have a full team of Galactic Republic allies but not Anakin's bonus turn. Then the second sentence is a separate statement, Padme takes a bonus turn after Anakin if she is an ally

What about the 3rd hidden if statement that says one can only win a battle henceforth only if they have spend x number of $$$
  • thewhitegift
    294 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Wow thanks for taking my only hope of still getting 1st every day... Ffs man, 2 weeks of working on Anakin... Unbelievable man, unbelievable... Not to mention work i put into HY as well.

Have u guys tried to fight this DR team you've created?! They're impossible! DPS much?! Why does the dark side version of a character mop the floor with his light side counter part? Why?!

I am livid with this anakin no longer working with jkr deal you've created

Post edited by thewhitegift on
  • Kipps
    43 posts Member
    Should have made if not full galactic to still have bonus like 50%... jesus removing the entire bonus damage is lame af