Kit Reveal: Padme Amidala

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Teague wrote: »
    Seems like she'd actually be better without her unique, that keeps Kenobi and Yoda from gaining the turn meter that's part of their kits.

are you suggesting trying not to level her unique?

I think it's part of the unique from level 1.

It better be, otherwise we have a similar situation to paper Zombie
  • Looks like it’s time to gear that B2.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Tell you what though, gonna make an insane TW/GA defensive squad to have her geared with her others, even though they made her gear harder then Malak so even people who unlock her will have to wait weeks/months to use her.

JKR walls already stop entire guildes, now Padme walls will do the same.

Maybe, if you don’t have Sion/Nihilus. I think traya will do OK against her.
  • How much damage does courage do to raid bosses?
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Seems really interesting. :)
  • Theory crafting is dead. This game is getting absurd
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    How much damage does courage do to raid bosses?

@CG_SBCrumb
    Actually a valid question as there's an inconsistency going on with the % max HP damages against raid bosses.

Burning = 15% max HP dmg = 0.03% against raid bosses
    Expose = 20% max HP dmg = 0.02% against raid bosses (normally 0.04% but expose got nerfed in the past)
    Deathmark = 50% max HP dmg = 0.03% against raid bosses
    Chewie "Raging Wookie" = 20% max HP dmg = 0.01% against raid bosses
    Rex "Subdue" = 25% max HP dmg = 0.05% against raid bosses
    Malak "Drain Life" = 100% max HP dmg = 0.2% against raid bosses

Following Rex' and Malak's % max HP damages, the bonus damage from Padme's lead (40% max HP dmg) should be 0.08% against raid bosses then. However that would be 41.600 dmg against a ~52mio HP Sion in P2 HSR which is quite a lot of dmg for a "passive" bonus dmg so I expect there's going to be a massive cut down just like with Chewie's unique probably ending up with a 0.02% dmg (10.400 against Sion).
    _______
    Sources:
    https://swgoh.gg/
    https://gaming-fans.com/star-wars-goh/swgoh-resources/buffs-debuffs-list/
    Post edited by Legend91 on
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    So to repeat without the silly gif:

I'm pretty dim but my does she have "Allies can't gain or lose bonus turn meter" in her kit? I think I understand what it does, but why is it there? To nerf her interaction with other toons?
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    So to repeat without the silly gif:

I'm pretty dim but my does she have "Allies can't gain or lose bonus turn meter" in her kit? I think I understand what it does, but why is it there? To nerf her interaction with other toons?

I've been asking the same thing. Seems crazy to me. So many Jedi and Galactic Republic characters have turn meter gain as a big part of their kit: Yoda, Kenobi, Qui Gonn, Plo Koon, Barris, Rex. Because of Padme, none of them will be as effective as they could be. Several of them that might have became useful, will instead remain irrelevant.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Does Padme prevent CLS' Call to Action? Does Padme prevent TM gain CLS unique It Binds All Things?

I like the parts of her kit that benefits Light Side allies, I think with C3PO you can run a hybrid team with her and Anakin being the core duo that is rotated in different teams
  • Smh
  • Ryanwhales
    862 posts Member
    Still salty about the darth cash incident,
    But, im fine with missing this character at the moment.

Just another irritation on my back in arena, thats all.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • MrGmoney
    10 posts Member
    Why is the picture above of Fulcrum Ahsoka?
  • So “bonus turns” are not included under the “cannot gain bonus turn meter” unique?

That helps Yoda and Anakin (and now Padmé) a LOT.
  • @CG_SBCrumb does this mean when under a Rex lead you don't gain tm on crits when padme is in the team? How about his special that gives tm?
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    does this mean when under a Rex lead you don't gain tm on crits when padme is in the team?
    Yes.
    How about his special that gives tm?
    Cleanse and tenacity up will happen as normal but there will be no TM gain for the team.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Still too early to tell, but Kit Fisto might be able to do 80-120% + of targets max health depending on Multi attacks and how much protection up he has?

Might be understanding it wrong, but sounds kinda fun.
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    I previously intended to put GMY into my GR team, possible with his Zeta lead. It had been working so far in the battles I did in TW vs DR. I was going to replace R2 with Padme when/if I can get her. They even show GMY as an intended member of the new GR team.

Now I am not sure she will be worth adding to the team she is designed for. Without TM gain GMY's basic is not going to grant him 40% TM or what ever that keeps his train going. He would still be better used in JKR teams for TWs and such.

Also the zzGMY leadership bonus seems like it will still be better for battling vs DR teams than using Padme lead even though she looks like she is intended as a DR counter on paper.

Also note the changes to Anakin's bonus turn damage will still allow the GMY, GK, JKA, Ashoka, R2 team to work just fine without her vs DR. Could even sub in C3PO as they suggested in the synergy team above, but R2's passives and smoke screen seem better since C3PO can't calls mass assist against DR.

Master Yoda is the most powerful Jedi of the Galactic Republic, it seems really unintuitive that adding Padme to the team would cripple his abilities.

I get that it also prevents your team from loosing TM, but this unique cripples most of the GR Jedi that could have been useful on this squad including QGJ, Plo, GMY, GK, & Bariss. She could still be useful without these guys, heck all 5 of them could make a solid team on their own, but this is a crying shame.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I can't tell if it prevents you from losing TM. It says "bonus" TM. It doesnt make sense as written.
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    Currently her ideal synergy team looks like Padme & Anakin with CUP, Jedi Counselor and Jedi Guardian. They will do fantastic at defending the back line of your TW!
  • VaexquaGer
    466 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I love Padmes animation of her special-roundhouse-kick. Looks like Chuck Norris
    B)

xr325a28duif.gif
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb how does courage work against raid bosses?

The 40% HP bonus damage translates into 0.08% against raid bosses according to swgoh.gg. So vs Sion in P2 of the HSR (~52mio HP on Sion) that would be 41600 dmg.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb how does courage work against raid bosses?

The 40% HP bonus damage translates into 0.08% against raid bosses according to swgoh.gg. So vs Sion in P2 of the HSR (~52mio HP on Sion) that would be 41600 dmg.

That's crazy high if accurate... Let me go grab all the Nerf guns before CG does

I was surprised aswell. Expected it to be lowered just like Chewie (20% --> 0.01%) since it's a "passive" max HP bonus unlike "active" max HP bonus abilities like Rex' "Subdue" or Malak's "Drain life". Expecting a nerf tbh.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Anyone using Padme in arena. There are zero in the top 50 in my arena. I'm giving her a try in arena myself, but I'm falling much farther than usual and sometimes losing to some very poorly modded Jedi Revan teams on offense.

I don't have her passive zeta. Is it that game changing? Who is the best 5th? (assuming Anakin, Ahsoka and Kenobi as 2, 3 and 4)
  • Teague wrote: »
    Anyone using Padme in arena. There are zero in the top 50 in my arena. I'm giving her a try in arena myself, but I'm falling much farther than usual and sometimes losing to some very poorly modded Jedi Revan teams on offense.

I don't have her passive zeta. Is it that game changing? Who is the best 5th? (assuming Anakin, Ahsoka and Kenobi as 2, 3 and 4)

Not yet. But give it time. She’ll likely be able to break top 50 in most shards once people gear her and zeta her.

More protection might be better... more courage and tankiness, but it might lead to GK’s zeta not triggering as often. So you’ve got to decide what’s most important.

Barriss looks like the best fifth. She shields your squad against crit damage, grants lots of heals, and can hit like a truck because courage is a percent damage attack.
  • Teague wrote: »

Not yet. But give it time. She’ll likely be able to break top 50 in most shards once people gear her and zeta her.

More protection might be better... more courage and tankiness, but it might lead to GK’s zeta not triggering as often. So you’ve got to decide what’s most important.

Barriss looks like the best fifth. She shields your squad against crit damage, grants lots of heals, and can hit like a truck because courage is a percent damage attack.

I'm still getting used to just how hard GK will randomly hit when he gets enough courage built up. He's killed opponent GK's who had full health and a sliver of protection with one basic attack. I'm starting to think you're right about zBarriss being the best option. Padme prevents debuffs from being placed on GR toons with prot. up And debuffs are crucial to getting around Barriss' zeta. Unfortunately, my Barriss is neither zeta'd nor geared up. Yet.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Roksteady wrote: »

I'm still getting used to just how hard GK will randomly hit when he gets enough courage built up. He's killed opponent GK's who had full health and a sliver of protection with one basic attack. I'm starting to think you're right about zBarriss being the best option. Padme prevents debuffs from being placed on GR toons with prot. up And debuffs are crucial to getting around Barriss' zeta. Unfortunately, my Barriss is neither zeta'd nor geared up. Yet.

If padme lead is zeta'd, bariss zeta won't work cuz they can't be crit anyway. Even if they could tho, gk puts crit immunity anyway, so she'd only heal once. I like 3p0 personally, but there's really no perfect 5th yet. Need someone to passively add more protection up imo, like chirrut doors with heal over time.