Nice Anakin Nerf

Prev13
I'm not sure nerf is the BEST word...no yeah it is cause hes no longer viable in a jedi team. Way to continue controlling us CG! I never liked theory crafting, anyhow. I do enjoy being a nice little gingerbread man.

Replies

• I’m confused
  • Carrie's announcement had this in it:

"So our monitoring of JKA is ongoing (as with all characters)and is dependent on the numerous behaviors that come from millions of hours of playtime from millions of players. Based on our findings, he is going to be even more powerful with Padmé, so we have restricted some of Anakin’s power to work only with Galactic Republic characters. You can read these specifics with his updated kit reveal which we’ll post shortly."

OP is assuming (and rightly so) that updated kit means nerf or tune-up for the worse or whatever phrase you want to use.
  • I called this as soon as they announced Padmé, the new cadence is release nerf nerf nerf release nerf nerf nerf
  • OP is assuming (and rightly so) that updated kit means nerf or tune-up for the worse or whatever phrase you want to use.

Not exactly assuming anything. His kit was just updated hours ago. They gave him a zeta which effectively nerfed him.

Unique: Righteous Fury
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 100% more damage if all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle. If Padmé Amidala is an ally, she takes a bonus turn after each of Anakin's bonus turns.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/202852/rework-reveal-jedi-knight-anakin
  • Wow, they buried that one in a subforum while having everyone looking at the shiny objects in the dev announcements, haha.
  • I'm surprised noone has even noticed this lol. All the anakin posts in the last few weeks should have people roaring about this. He can no longer utilize his unique unless he is in a full galactic republic team.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Wow, they buried that one in a subforum while having everyone looking at the shiny objects in the dev announcements, haha.

It was also mentioned in Carrie's announcement:

"Based on our findings, he is going to be even more powerful with Padmé, so we have restricted some of Anakin’s power to work only with Galactic Republic characters. You can read these specifics with his updated kit reveal which we’ll post shortly."
  • It finally happened CG. Noone cares about youyour big dramatic, messy game anymore haha.
  • Citadel_of_Ricks
    229 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Carrie's announcement had this in it:

"So our monitoring of JKA is ongoing (as with all characters)and is dependent on the numerous behaviors that come from millions of hours of playtime from millions of players. Based on our findings, he is going to be even more powerful with Padmé, so we have restricted some of Anakin’s power to work only with Galactic Republic characters. You can read these specifics with his updated kit reveal which we’ll post shortly."

OP is assuming (and rightly so) that updated kit means nerf or tune-up for the worse or whatever phrase you want to use.
    Liath wrote: »
    Wow, they buried that one in a subforum while having everyone looking at the shiny objects in the dev announcements, haha.

"Based on our findings, he is going to be even more powerful with Padmé, so we have restricted some of Anakin’s power to work only with Galactic Republic characters. You can read these specifics with his updated kit reveal which we’ll post shortly."

Yeah, saw that, which is why I quoted it earlier in this same post.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

I'll translate that quote for everyone:

"Based on the need for more money, we've decided to nerf JKA - but you can get the same production out of him you are now, if you spring for the newest flavor of the month - PADMÉ!!"
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Mirotic
    51 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

"Based on the need for more money, we've decided to nerf JKA - but you can get the same production out of him you are now, if you spring for the newest flavor of the month - PADMÉ!!"

😂😂😂

But lets not forget why this is happening. Because Anakin will be more powerful under Padme than he was without Padme. People dont want to be free to use Anakin to make creative teams. They want to use ONE EXACT TEAM that CG crafts for them. So really we should be thanking them. Thanks CG 😊
  • f off ea, thats just a giant nerf, has noting to do with him being more powerful with padme, as he has to be WITH padme to get what he already had
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Mirotic wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

😂😂😂

But lets not forget why this is happening. Because Anakin will be more powerful under Padme than he was without Padme. People dont want to be free to use Anakin to make creative teams. They want to use ONE EXACT TEAM that CG crafts for them. So really we should be thanking them. Thanks CG 😊

More "prescribed play"....oh good. :|
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • yea id like to hear how he's more powerful now under a D revan line up, since that's the excuse they gave to nerf the crap out of him, after going, less than 1 percent use it, so we won't nerf it. Then nerf
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    f off ea, thats just a giant nerf, has noting to do with him being more powerful with padme, as he has to be WITH padme to get what he already had

This. @CG_Carrie Can we have the g12+ pieces refunded that we just put on JKA when you announced less than a week ago that he wasn't going to be nerfed after your "research"?

• Mirotic
    51 posts Member
    yea id like to hear how he's more powerful now under a D revan line up, since that's the excuse they gave to nerf the crap out of him, after going, less than 1 percent use it, so we won't nerf it. Then nerf

guys, every nerf has a silver lining. the silver lining here is we dont have to think. all we have to do is what we are told and everything becomes much easier. and we like easy.
  • This nerfing is and has been out of hand.
  • Zalastro
    69 posts Member
    Interesting logic; under Padme he is now getting too powerful. Let's nerf him for all teams without her!
  • VaexquaGer
    466 posts Member
    pay->nerf, pay->nerf, pay->nerf....
    It's so predictable...
    :#
  • Mirotic
    51 posts Member
    Reptillor wrote: »
    Wasnt the zombie glitch giving him stupid amounts of bonus turns?

glitch what glitch? like, her actual wai mechanics? no, the zombie anakin team falls under the category of creative team building. we don't do that here. no no.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    He blew away Darth Revan, so...NERF ... welcome to open Alpha Testing.

Yet another reason #freetoplayistheonlyway
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Unfortunate that instead of "whenever a GR ally goes below 50% health or is defeated" they chose the "whole team must be GR." That seems a lot more restrictive that it really ought to be.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Lied about not nerfing anakin, lied about reducing gear bottleneck, lied about wanting a diverse meta. Are you lobbying for a White House gig?
  • Bauhaus
    53 posts Member
    "So our monitoring of JKR is ongoing (as with all characters) and is dependent on the numerous behaviors that come from millions of hours of playtime from millions of players. Based on our findings, he is going to be even more powerful with Jolee, so we have restricted some of Jedi Knight Revan's power to work only with Old Republic characters. You can read these specifics with his updated kit reveal which we’ll post shortly."

Fixed!
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    #StopNerfingOurToons