54 posts Member
edited May 2019
Chewbacca is just legendary, right?
3ybb5r92dah1.jpg

Replies

• Options
    Reptillor wrote: »
    That's padme..
    I know that. Given the difficulty of that event as a regular legendary though, I bet this will be even more... Arduous.
  • Options
    They are asking if this will be harder than Chewy.
  • Options
    which seems likely
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options
    The real news is The 5/23/19 TW is 3v3
  • Options
    Sith_Lord wrote: »
    which seems likely

I would say we're being told it's more difficult.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    Options
    Yep, I'd say this suggests it will be harder than Chewie/3PO.
  • sigsig
    234 posts Member
    Options
    But why make a new event type just because it's harder? That was never needed before. Darth Malak had a new event type "Mythic Battles" because of the way he was released and the requirements. Calling this an Arduous Legendary event type just because it's more difficult doesn't make sense.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    sigsig wrote: »
    But why make a new event type just because it's harder? That was never needed before. Darth Malak had a new event type "Mythic Battles" because of the way he was released and the requirements. Calling this an Arduous Legendary event type just because it's more difficult doesn't make sense.
    Pretty much. I'd like an official clarification between the difference of legendary and arduous legendary events. I feel like there is a catch that legendary events do not have
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I can't wait for Jar Jar to be released in a Ludicrous Legendary, and ep9 Rey in a Laborious Journey of Crushing Will. Because why not at this point, really.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options

To be fair, the April calendar listed both Rey's Hero's Journey and JKA's Ancient Journey as 'Legendary' for the Event Type. The calendar seems to be good for dates and not much else.

That's not to say this wont be a new event type. Just that I wouldn't treat the calendar as a 100% reliable source.
  • Options
    Arduous is code for “if you didn’t purchase and zeta grevious and his droids, hello 5*”
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    Options

I would say the opposite....if it's not harder, then there's zero reason to call it an "Arduous Legendary" instead of just calling it a "Legendary" on the calendar.
  • DarkHelmet
    161 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder how many knew what arduous actually meant before this event was posted :#
  • shhfiftyfive
    98 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    harder than chewy/c3po would require them to lock heroes out by gp, like they did with "mythic battle" malak... because chewy and c3po had g12+ recommendation, and were preloaded with turn meter where you have no chance of going first.
    the only alternative to a gp requirement here... would be if they come out and announce that chewy and c3po will also get this new "arduous" label. (would make sense, as these are not same as other legendary events, so they should get that label)
    but CG likes to stay silent, and let things drag out the clock, and not give answers, or make sense of things.
    another example of this is that they now say Nute and Dooku will be getting reworks this month, but sounds like AFTER this event.. which is just super unhelpful, and yet another example of a company giving no care about "goodwill" even at the time of MAY 4TH.
  • Options
    So, based on that description, I'm assuming we might get force choked for real while we play this challenge?
  • DarthKoon
    449 posts Member
    Options
    Just wait for DS Anakin's "Insane Legendary" event.
  • Nurgle
    252 posts Member
    Options
    FilthyJawa wrote: »
    So, based on that description, I'm assuming we might get force choked for real while we play this challenge?

https://youtu.be/sURZwjf_1MM
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • Options
    Next will a ridiculous legendary, then a ludicrous legendary
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi Master Luke = Ridonculous Legendary
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    I can't wait for Jar Jar to be released in a Ludicrous Legendary, and ep9 Rey in a Laborious Journey of Crushing Will. Because why not at this point, really.

Don't forget a brand new Skywalker Journey, requiring JKA, Padme, GK, Ahsoka, GMY, CLS, Chewie, Solo, C-3PO, Hoda, ROLO, JTR, BB8, Hermit Luke, Veteran Leia, Holdo, Ice Fox, Veteran Lando, Luke's Ghost, Jedi Champion Rey, Stomtrooper Finn and Kylo Ren (redeemed). All at G13, multiple Zetas, 6* mods with a minimum speed of +150, of course. As a reward you get a brand new toon, Kathleen Kennedy, who only has one move: Let The Past Die: All your opponents' characters abilities are replaced with Nerf Strike. Nerf Strike: Target enemy recovers full health and protection.
    This will be the introduction of a new event type, whose difficulty will be labeled the following:
    6fsj5i2eanp9.gif