Ahsoka Tano update make her viable?

Blankenshipbro
132 posts Member
edited March 2016
Ahsoka Tano –
Despite her solid offensive stats, Ahsoka has been underperforming due to her unreliable survivability, compounded by low Speed. Her kit has been revised to give her a chance to shine.

Basic – Energetic Slash
Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Ahsoka recovers Health equal to 6% of her Max Health, increased to 9% on a Critical Hit.

Special – Protective Maneuver
Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If the target has 50% Health or more, all allies recover Health equal to 10% of Ahsoka's Max Health. If the target has less than 50% Health, this attack deals 25% more damage instead.

Leader – Quick Steps
Jedi and Nightsister allies have +10% Evasion.
NOTE: This ability’s Evasion bonus is unchanged, but its major upgrades now cause each affected ally to gain Turn Meter when they Evade, not just Ahsoka. The Turn Meter gain has been reduced to account for this.

Unique – Daring Padawan
Ahsoka has +25% Health and +25 Speed. Whenever she suffers a Critical Hit, she loses one of these effects (in reverse order.) Whenever she scores a finishing blow, she regains all of them.

Ahsoka Tano update make her viable? 48 votes

Yes
52%
FrenzytomCarbrenashHaloWars29Al_TizArarisValerianMegadeth3700GenKillYouM9silentBrazilian_JoeLlyodGWallaceRAYRAYZogganLaLiamZemynBlankenshipbroenigma_jedijmart2415lunarwolfYodaWillCarryYouGavon1074 25 votes
No
10%
TelaanichotolotD_Millennialscca325isHeavyHitter72 5 votes
Close but not quite
37%
GenakumaJaqen_HgharMasterOneHitBaggodiWillkimm98MithmoongodAnonymousLlamaFennOobydoobNikoms565AndroUltraJediDarkenAchillesLuke6108Xblade77xTheMadTwadder 18 votes

Replies

• Yes
    I love the updates to her leader ability, unique and special. Absolutely will be leveling her.
  • Close but not quite
    Close, but not quite. I feel we will see some more of her in Arena teams with various experimental set ups.
  • She was already viable prior to this change.
  • No
    Not with the current meta. She would get destroyed. Maybe useful for GW?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Close but not quite
    She's always been viable in GW - most people just don't have her starred, leveled and geared high enough.

So I presume you are asking about Arena. The boost would help - but there are simply to many other slightly better options in Arena right now. Assuming all of the buffs listed are maxed (not actually higher at higher levels) she could hold her own okay in arena, but not quite crack that "top tier" of Arena heroes.

Even with the buffs, I'd still place her down the list of Jedi behind QGJ, Yoda, Lumi and probably even behind an equally strong Anakin. Am I leaving out any other Jedi?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • It's too soon to tell tbh. But she did need a buff.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Those are lv1 stats
  • Darth_Malak
    577 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Sry for the double
  • Meh. I got 6* Ahsoka and was probably gonna 7* her because she would probably be good at catching a 7* frog.
  • Sadly like Ventress she is simply too slow for her HP to really be any threat in high level arena. I love both. I think they both have awesome potential, but need to be much faster to be viable.
  • I have a hard time picturing her viable in arena. Jedi teams are a liability on defense and there are at 3-4 other Jedis I'd rather start before Ahsoka.
  • No
    Apparently she her abilities get crazy good once you max them out.

As per Reddit Dev:
    Those are her rank 1 bonuses.
    Things get silly once you get the upgrade that [REDACTED]. ;)
  • Yes
    Did not have the unique skill in my paste for some reason, just added it in OP. +25 Speed is nice paired with QGJ she could max out at 141 speed, that's pretty good.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Corndog131 wrote: »
    I have a hard time picturing her viable in arena. Jedi teams are a liability on defense and there are at 3-4 other Jedis I'd rather start before Ahsoka.

That's the problem. Right now all Jedi come with a ball and chain and they have to be extra good to justify using them.
    What they really need to fix is this ALL THAT MATTERS IS SPEED! nonsense.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Yes
    I like her healing capabilities, speed isn't all that matters, that's pretty narrow of you to think that way, but it does help. Especially for a character with self heal.
  • Yes
    I imagine Ahsoka paired with daka, ventress would be a viable team. Doesn't necessarily have to be jedi.
  • Yes
    She's working out great for me at 6*
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Assuming QGJ is her leader (arena he will be), she's now as fast as Sid. If you need your random Lumi heal, she can hit a high health target and with her large health pool heal enough for arena. While she won't be ability blocking, Lumis potency is not good and she gets resisted a bunch resulting in her ability block seldomly changing a battle. She could replace the slower Lumi in some groups now.

Her fix was definitely more impactful than Mace (unless he is with resistance pilot and Poe). But, Is it bad to say I still find her underwhelming?

Hopefully we will get Rebel Ashoka and she will be a better toon. Keep in mind this is her padawan version. And as with most main universe characters, we have yet to see there most powerful versions. Ex. Jedi Luke, Scoundrel Han, Jabbas Palace Leia (please, please), Rival Sith Lord Maul (please, no) Clone Wars Obi Wan, Emp. Palpatine (debatable), ext.
  • Yes
    She has 161 speed with QGJ as leader. Only yoda goes ahead of her.

She is the new meta. People are clueless here.
  • Darken
    12 posts Member
    Close but not quite
    Her damage is still ****. -.-
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Close but not quite
    She is fast, ya, but her damage is too low, but im happy with, what we got. She might still not be the #1 in game, but we have to note, she is a Padawan only, so, im pretty sure, she is the strongest (Clone Wars-)Padawan in the game and thats exactly the place, that belongs to her! ;)

She is no gladiator for arena, but she is a real help in GW and light-missions now.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Close but not quite
    She was already viable prior to this change.

I love playing against people like you :D It's like playing against only 4 characters.
  • Yes
    I have been running her in Arena for several days and i'm very impressed. I'm sure she is bad on defense but i don't really care about that. She lasts longer than most of the others on my team and i'm running QGj, Rey, GS, RG and Ahsoka.
  • Darling_Ventress
    376 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I recently acquired Ahsoka and made her 3* gear 6. I decided to try out her leadership skill with my other team members: Ventress, Talia, Lumi, and Chewy. Since beginning this game I have always used Chewy as leader for his defense buff, but have consistently been losing GW at battle 8 or 9, and having difficulty in the Arena as well.

I also just acquired Lumi, so after placing Ahsoka in the leader position, I cleared the GW for the first time (level 47) with most of my core team. I lost only 3 or 4 members along the way, but stood up to teams 5 - 10 levels above me. Did better in arena also.

I think Ahsoka made a difference. She has high survivability in the campaign battles and GW/Arena.
    I will continue to increase her stars, and she is now a member of my core team.
    Post edited by Darling_Ventress on