Double Drop Newb Here!

Laz
190 posts Member
Two quick questions:
1- Are double drops for sure THE best way to spend crystals in the game?
2- What is the strategy that people use to let their energy go down, then buy a refresh, then max it out or something like that? It’s usually brought up here in regards to double drops.

Replies

• Spharynx01
    251 posts Member
    1- Surely one of the best if you are in a hurry (for DR for exemple), I would recommand two refreshes max

2- Just farm and reload your energy / refresh when necessary
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    If you are awake at your daily reset time, you can use just enough energy so that you will max out around then, buy your cheap refreshes shortly before that time, and use the energy shortly after once double drops have started. This works better with cantina than hard nodes since you still have the cap on the number of attempts you can make, unless you are also going to refresh nodes more than usual and/or farm more things than usual.
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    If you are awake at your daily reset time, you can use just enough energy so that you will max out around then, buy your cheap refreshes shortly before that time, and use the energy shortly after once double drops have started. This works better with cantina than hard nodes since you still have the cap on the number of attempts you can make, unless you are also going to refresh nodes more than usual and/or farm more things than usual.

This. This is what I am talking about! Why am I too dumb to understand what you are saying?! Is there anyway to dumb this down for me as to why this is advantageous to do?

• Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Laz wrote: »

This. This is what I am talking about! Why am I too dumb to understand what you are saying?! Is there anyway to dumb this down for me as to why this is advantageous to do?

Let's pretend your daily reset time is at midnight. A refresh costs 25 crystals, a second refresh costs 50. It costs 50 crystals to buy extra energy too.

What Liath is suggesting is that you max out the cheap refreshes for the day (before midnight) and then do it again the following day (after midnight). That way you're spending less crystals but getting more attempts. It's a clever way to milk it.
  • Citadel_of_Ricks
    229 posts Member
    edited May 2019

If your reset is at midnight, have your energy as close to full right before midnight and then buy your three cheap refreshes. Wait until after midnight when double drops kick in, then spend your energy and buy 3 more cheap refreshes. Gives you an extra set of cheap refreshes to use with double drops without wasting much time when your energy would normally refresh on its own.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »

Let's pretend your daily reset time is at midnight. A refresh costs 25 crystals, a second refresh costs 50. It costs 50 crystals to buy extra energy too.

What Liath is suggesting is that you max out the cheap refreshes for the day (before midnight) and then do it again the following day (after midnight). That way you're spending less crystals but getting more attempts. It's a clever way to milk it.

I’m just talking about energy refreshes. You can’t pre-buy node refreshes.

Cantina is the easiest to look at. You get 3 100 crystal energy refreshes and then the cost goes up to 200. So (assuming your reset is midnight), at 11:55 before double drops start, buy the three 100 crystal refreshes, giving you 360 energy plus whatever you saved up before that (as close to 144 as you can get it). So now you have about 500 cantina energy. Then midnight hits 5 minutes later, double drops start, and you spend the 500 energy on whatever you are farming. Then you can do another 3 100 crystal refreshes for that day before the cost goes to 200 again.
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Others have already said it, but I'll say it my way in case another rewording helps.
    - At 11:59 Friday night, buy the 3 regular energy refreshes for 50 crystals each, and 3 cantina energy refreshes for 100 crystals each. (or 1 minute before your reset if it's not at midnight).
    - If you care to, you could do the same for fleet energy and/or mod energy.
    - You now have your energy reserves at 360+.
    - Right after reset, spend all that energy.
    - Buy more energy refreshes, spend them too.
    - On Sunday, buy more energy refreshes, spend them.

The goal is to buy at least the cheapest level of energy refreshes (some folks go into the 2nd level too), and apply as much of the extra energy as possible to double drops.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member

Cantina is the easiest to look at. You get 3 100 crystal energy refreshes and then the cost goes up to 200. So (assuming your reset is midnight), at 11:55 before double drops start, buy the three 100 crystal refreshes, giving you 360 energy plus whatever you saved up before that (as close to 144 as you can get it). So now you have about 500 cantina energy. Then midnight hits 5 minutes later, double drops start, and you spend the 500 energy on whatever you are farming. Then you can do another 3 100 crystal refreshes for that day before the cost goes to 200 again.

Ah, that's right. Either way, your suggestion isn't one I've thought of before and I'm definitely stealing it. Thanks for the insight!
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Two quick questions:
    1- Are double drops for sure THE best way to spend crystals in the game?
    2- What is the strategy that people use to let their energy go down, then buy a refresh, then max it out or something like that? It’s usually brought up here in regards to double drops.

1-yes

2-do your daily minimum and nothing more....collect the free energy....once you collect the last of the day's free energy refresh refresh refresh..repeat again tomorrow.

>don't max sim. do 2 at a time or you will see double 0 is 0.
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    Thank you so much everyone! I get it now!
  • Laz
    190 posts Member

I didn’t think about doing this for Cantina! It’s even more advantageous. Thanks!
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    Remember cantina is not until Monday!!!! Don’t go spending crystals because you can use them on light and hard nodes
  • Javin37 wrote: »

>don't max sim. do 2 at a time or you will see double 0 is 0.
    Remind him to wear his tinfoil hat too, and that the Earth is flat.