gunray nerf incoming

Prev1
almost for sure because of the 50% turn meter again on the lead, likely str p3 issue again, if only they would fix that instead. see apr 30 carrie post 4 exact wordingwhich says
will be likely a refund

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    It's once per turn and only on their own turn, so it's safe. They changed it long ago because of a loop in HAAT.
  • hmm wonder why the new nerf coming confirmed by carrie
  • note carrie specifically says a refund is likely
  • icanectc wrote: »
    A refund is likely because his kit will be dramatically altered thus those that geared him for his current kit might not want him with his new kit.

The funny part is nute will likely be drastically improved over his seriously limited use currently. I guess cg is just sticking to the refund because his kit will be drastically different and thus triggers a refund regardless if his kit improves his performance

well, that is best case scenario, we can hope anyway
  • Angelloyd
    365 posts Member
    So you are saying they are nerfing an useless character? Anything they do to him will be a buff
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    icanectc wrote: »
    A refund is likely because his kit will be dramatically altered thus those that geared him for his current kit might not want him with his new kit.

The funny part is nute will likely be drastically improved over his seriously limited use currently. I guess cg is just sticking to the refund because his kit will be drastically different and thus triggers a refund regardless if his kit improves his performance

I think we can safely assume that no matter what they do to him, this toxic-**** community will find a reason to complain about it.

"oh my god this ruins my Nute arena team FU CG!"
    "wut abut my p2 leia teem omg cg u r worst"
    "NOT SPEND NO MOR CUZ U BUFF FREE KARAKTER"
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• The Devs mantra must be "I nerf, therefor I am".
  • dogwelder79
    1482 posts Member
    I don't get the joke. Nerf nute? Why? Mine has been level 1 gear 1 for ages because he's useless. Where did they say that?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    carrie needs to start communicating on the official forum instead of where she apparantly said nute is getting nerfed and refunded.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • it
    did actually get posted here,, c developer news thread, apr 30
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    leef wrote: »
    carrie needs to start communicating on the official forum instead of where she apparantly said nute is getting nerfed and refunded.

This was from the official forum post a few days ago explaining the upcoming nerfs to Dooku and Nute

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/202865/update-on-recent-characters-mega/p1
  • ottomaddux
    490 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    icanectc wrote: »

I think we can safely assume that no matter what they do to him, this toxic-**** community will find a reason to complain about it.

"oh my god this ruins my Nute arena team FU CG!"
    "wut abut my p2 leia teem omg cg u r worst"
    "NOT SPEND NO MOR CUZ U BUFF FREE KARAKTER"

I love when people complain about people who complain... kettle black
  • evoluza wrote: »
    First: you can't really nerf them!
    Second: the word is changes...
    People are so bad in reading AND understanding it..

Reading comprehension isn't your best subject so let me help...

Changes, specifically reworks, that make abilities such as Nute leader less effective are what's commonly know to all people (except you) as a nerf.

Hope this helps!
  • leef wrote: »

This was from the official forum post a few days ago explaining the upcoming nerfs to Dooku and Nute

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/202865/update-on-recent-characters-mega/p1

note that no refund is mentioned for dooku, so we have more hope for something useful for him. i suspect gunray will be buffed also but his lead will be changed as that is the current pattern , remove or reduce any large turn
    meter gains
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    deleted, misread
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    evoluza wrote: »

Changes, specifically reworks, that make abilities such as Nute leader less effective are what's commonly know to all people (except you) as a nerf.

Hope this helps!

First of all, you don't know the kit yet...
    AND that character is absolutely useless, besides that one use. Changing it to work with a whole faction and making him "probably" more viable, isn't a nerf.
    Comprehend that.

Nute Gunray is getting a significant rework that we will share closer to his rework and may result in some manner of refund for current investments.

If it's not a nerf to an ability why are they refunding gear?

Answer: because they are making his leader less effective. Which by definition is a nerf.

Of course your right I don't know the kit but based on reading the above a rational person would conclude it involves a nerf to his leader that gives 50% Tm. What don't you understand?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    it
    did actually get posted here,, c developer news thread, apr 30
    leef wrote: »

i stand corrected.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Hope this helps!

AND that character is absolutely useless, besides that one use. Changing it to work with a whole faction and making him "probably" more viable, isn't a nerf.
    Comprehend that.

Nute Gunray is getting a significant rework that we will share closer to his rework and may result in some manner of refund for current investments.

Answer: because they are making his leader less effective. Which by definition is a nerf.

Of course your right I don't know the kit but based on reading the above a rational person would conclude it involves a nerf to his leader that gives 50% Tm. What don't you understand?

I doubt they'll refund gear though. Maybe the omega's on his lead.

that character (Nute) is absolutely useless, besides that one use. .

Reading comprehension fail.

Absolutely useless, besides that one use. Is inherently contradictory and doesn't even make sense in English.

They either have a use or they are absolutely useless. That is what these words mean.

You really need to learn how to write something that makes sense when read by others.
  • burby888
    55 posts Member
    Nutes kit is going to be totally reworked that is the reason for the refund so the player base can decide if they want to reinvest in said character. His leader ability might be different but he will be buffed overall, and if not who cares because this toon is useless as is. Dooku is going to be buffed so no reason for a refund.

Hope this helps!

Comprehend that.

Your rational thinking doesn't work, if you don't understand that they make him viable with full seps. Also give him more viable abilities, so he isn't only there for the lead. That's not a nerf.
    They talk about refunds, because the stealth cheese was his ONLY use.
    Still doesn't make it a nerf.
    If you think more and write less, you could understand this.

So you agree they are taking away Nute only effective use but u don't agree doing so is a nerf because they are giving him a new ability?

Under that logic Finn rework wasn't a nerf. 99% of people would say Finn rework was a nerf but your free to rationalize it however you want in your own reality.

In the real world Finn was nerfed and Nute lead will be nerfed too regardless if you call it a nerf or rework. 99% of players call this a nerf when it happens.

I'm truly sorry you don't understand such simple logic such as this. Checking on your forum history you support CG 100% with every post as a true fanboy. Good job.
  • Why nerf him. He is already bad
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    lol now people are upset about a refund. This place is amazing.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you