New Gear needed at G9

Heyo! To preface - I just unlocked Padme. I'm a free-to-play (mostly, spend like 20$ every so often) player and am at about 3.1M gp. I play everyday, am in an active guild, and love Star Wars.

I enjoyed this legendary character fight a lot. I had focused on the sep droids for months, and then unlocked Padme a day ago at 7* without paying a cent. Was really feeling good about the game again. Then I discovered I need 2800 crystals to get her to gear level nine??? The current nodes for this new gear make it nearly impossible to farm and would take all my focus to get this character to g9. I couldn't grind any toons. I couldn't try for Revan, Darth Revan, Malak, or any of the thirty teams I need to finish. I couldn't use energy for any of the other things I need to do in the game - so like, why? Are their plans to make this gear farmable through a store like with guild currency or shards? It's crazy and short-sighted to introduce gear that essentially is more difficult to get than g12+ gear, that prevents the actual character that you promoted from being used competitively. All the quality of life updates don't mean anything if you throw these paid obstacles into the game, and that's why your player base is declining and the game is becoming unsustainable. I mean, just from a long-term perspective it's not super good business strat. I buy the occasional pack and crystal thing when there's deals, but this is just insulting, and I'm not going to keep playing if I feel like not only is the highest tier unattainable - but now even just regular things like reaching G9 is impossible. I won't be spending money on this game again until the new gear situation is addressed, and I'm not the only one who feels this way. I understand the goal is to reduce reliance on stun guns and carbs - but stun guns and carbs are available in other ways than nodes.

This game doesn't get new players anymore - they can't compete. And now, it's losing its base. You know it - you address it in your posts all the time. You can see the metrics. But you keep doing things like this, and it's causing player fatigue and you're dropping the players - that spend 20 or 40 bucks a month - every day. And when they're gone, there will be nothing left but the whales, and you can't sustain a development studio on that, especially as they start to leave since the game will not be competitive.

Pay to play games die all the time due to exploitative measures draining interest. It's happening here, and it makes me a little sad. I don't know how long I can hang on just because I like my guild.

Replies

• You have yet to see what ya need for gear X.
    Fact is ceos needs gas to fill the holiday homes lambo .
    We have been told 4 to 5k is what they expect from the fan base oh wait what fan base its almost gone . cost of greed i spose
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    A brief, minor point. If you "spend $20 every so often" you are not f2p.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    A brief, minor point. If you "spend $20 every so often" you are not f2p.

Probably why he said "mostly."