First round of a match is preprogrammed and no rolls

Replies

• When you start a battle it downloads your opponents and what they do. If you attack character "A" using your character "D" with ability "X" outcome 1 happens. It will always do this when you force close and restart. It is an anti cheat mechanism of the game. Just so you know doing a force close and restarting a match to check out game mechanics is a violation of the terms of service contract you agreed to when you started playing.
  • @The_Oklahoma_Kid
    Well said and I totally agree. Force closing game and restarting for better results and expecting it to change, coming here and complaining about it, I don't see the point.
    Conclusions being made so fast.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • When you start a battle it downloads your opponents and what they do. If you attack character "A" using your character "D" with ability "X" outcome 1 happens. It will always do this when you force close and restart. It is an anti cheat mechanism of the game. Just so you know doing a force close and restarting a match to check out game mechanics is a violation of the terms of service contract you agreed to when you started playing.

I can't believe people don't realize this. What did y'all think you could keep restarting matches until you a perfect outcome??
  • Not to provide too much of a tangent but isn't this kind of a good thing? Once you figure out the sequence if it's repeatable this makes battles a lot easier than if it's using 100% RNG rolls on every step. It'll be much closer to beating a poorly programmed chess AI where once you figure out how it responds to a tactic you an repeat that tactic every time with the same result.

The challenge, just like in chess, is to figure out the right tactic for the right situation and to be able to recall it the next time that situation presents itself.

Cool story, except this mechanism is also applied to the arena battles, where you have a limited # of times you can fight (before paying). Therefore, it is cheating, as the game is already predetermining the outcome of the battle depending on what you do.

It removes the roll of the dice of what you do as it already has determined what it will do.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    It's not cheating. It is rolling the dice, just doing so ahead of time and putting them in a table.
    You only notice this happening when you force-close and replay a battle. As others said, this is to prevent cheating, but also to allow you to repeat a fight if your phone malfunctions in the middle.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • The_Oklahoma_Kid
    930 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Cool story, except this mechanism is also applied to the arena battles, where you have a limited # of times you can fight (before paying). Therefore, it is cheating, as the game is already predetermining the outcome of the battle depending on what you do.

It removes the roll of the dice of what you do as it already has determined what it will do.

If you force close during arena you lose your match. And again you don't understand it only has determined what it will do not what you will. If you change what you do it will change what it does. It is not cheating.

If it bothers you so much QUIT PLAYING.

• If you force close during arena you lose your match. And again you don't understand it only has determined what it will do not what you will. If you change what you do it will change what it does. It is not cheating.

If it bothers you so much QUIT PLAYING.

Exactly, if I force close the match I lose, therefore it should not predetermine who wins as a result. Case in point, I just did a match where I spent 2.5 minutes trying to kill a Consular because he kept dodging and resisting my attacks from 3 damage dealers. The game determined before I started that the Consular would not die, no matter what I did.

As for "quit" playing, I can do whatever the hell I want as a paying customer.
  • It doesn't predetermine who wins! My JC has maxed out purple gear and doesn't die,easily. He doesn't die because his gear is better than most that battle him. Most of your gripes are due to the opponent having better gear. And no you can't do whatever you want as a paying customer, force close is cheating and a violation of the TOS.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    I have seen Sidious use his basic on first turm many times.

It seems that abilities have some kind of priority and triggers can affect this. I have been licking up on a few triggers it would seem but takes a while to figure out.

GW helps to figure them out with the seeded string RNG.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • I tested it myself today since it's very easy to do and it's not true. AI even attacks diff characters so what oklahoma said is true. I dont call it a cheat since it's not hscking or changing stuff. It is however an exploit which I think should be hotfixed asap. It's an exploit, EA_Jesse any alarmbells?
  • I even send you a pm about this Jesse. Any response would be nice as I'm sure you read it... Even a thank you would suffice.
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    I tested it myself today since it's very easy to do and it's not true. AI even attacks diff characters so what oklahoma said is true. I dont call it a cheat since it's not hscking or changing stuff. It is however an exploit which I think should be hotfixed asap. It's an exploit, EA_Jesse any alarmbells?

Well its still doing it in Galactic War. I am up against a team that, each time it resets, they completely resist my Sidious AoE attack. As it take no damage.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Well its still doing it in Galactic War. I am up against a team that, each time it resets, they completely resist my Sidious AoE attack. As it take no damage.

If you keep force-closing and restarting the fight and your first action is to attack the same character with your same character, then that's what will happen. It's supposed to.
  • That isn't how an RNG works in RPGs.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    RPGs don't let you force-close and replay the same fight over and over again. You aren't even supposed to be doing that. It's there to prevent cheating and also to allow recovery from legitimate disconnections.
    As I've said repeatedly, there's nothing about this that makes it not random.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    RPGs don't let you force-close and replay the same fight over and over again. You aren't even supposed to be doing that. It's there to prevent cheating and also to allow recovery from legitimate disconnections.
    As I've said repeatedly, there's nothing about this that makes it not random.

Uh...Pokemon does all the way back to Red/Blue. Like every RPG I have ever played used an RNG.
  • So does this one. It just rolls the dice ahead of time because combat takes place offline. This is exactly as random as rolling them as needed.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    So does this one. It just rolls the dice ahead of time because combat takes place offline. This is exactly as random as rolling them as needed.

That isn't an RNG. That is predetermining the fate and outcome of a match.
  • I can also confirm seeing above behavior of exact same attacks and resists/dodges. However, it definitely changes if you swap a player out though.

What I haven't tried is swapping someone out and then swapping the original back in to see if the first pattern presents itself again. If this does happen, then maybe there is a part based on your team composition or something, I dunno. If I remember tomorrow morning to try it out and get a good opportunity to do so, I will.
  • I also love how Leia, when played by the NPC always gets a 3 set proc of her special attack, essentially one shotting any character I have in one round. Yet when I use my Leia, it never works.
  • If you have even a basic knowledge of how software is programmed; Then you would understand it's not cheating you.
  • It's still RNG even if it's predetermined on an RNG base. Just because it's in a way no real time RNG, doesn't mean it's not RNG :D
    Man this topic is getting confusing.
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    It's still RNG even if it's predetermined on an RNG base. Just because it's in a way no real time RNG, doesn't mean it's not RNG :D
    Man this topic is getting confusing.

Every RPG I have ever played had an RNG system after the action was committed, not before. So I couldn't care less what the technicality is, I have never played any RPG that did this (and I have played many).
  • This isn't a RPG. It's a squad based combat game. I'm sorry you can't understand basic computer programming. Or is it you can't understand how you can lose. Well nobody wins 100% of the time. If you think you should, your participation trophy is waiting for you right here :s
  • This isn't a RPG. It's a squad based combat game. I'm sorry you can't understand basic computer programming. Or is it you can't understand how you can lose. Well nobody wins 100% of the time. If you think you should, your participation trophy is waiting for you right here :s

Yes, it is an RPG. You acquire characters, level them up, choose items, upgrades and develop a team. You also have a "dice" that is rolled to determine actions. It is a turn base RPG.

And the RNG system isn't the same as in other RPGs, including turn based RPGs with a "squad" base game. I expect to lose on occasion in arenas, even though I am typically a top 10 player. However, in the galactic conquest, it shouldn't be cheating.
  • It is not a Role Playing Game. The Elder Scrolls is a RPG. The only way this would be considered a RPG is you are a person playing a squad based combat simulation in a cantina.
  • It is not a Role Playing Game. The Elder Scrolls is a RPG. The only way this would be considered a RPG is you are a person playing a squad based combat simulation in a cantina.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/galaxy-of-heroes
    Collect your favorite Star Wars characters, like Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Darth Vader, and more, from every era – then conquer your opponents in epic, RPG-style combat.

Now shut the **** up, ****.
  • The_Oklahoma_Kid
    930 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I will not shut up

And it said RPG-STYLE not RPG
  • I will not shut up

Well too bad, because I just proved to you that the game *IS* an RPG based game, and an RPG game has an RNG system. This game predetermines the actions, removing the element of "random" because you are predestined, fate takes over.