First round of a match is preprogrammed and no rolls

13Next

Replies

• No your misreading the words
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Whether it is an "RPG" or not -- I say not, there is no role-playing here, it's an electronic card game -- your claim that it doesn't use random numbers is false. Only the devs know for sure but there is plenty of randomness.
    Scoregasms wrote: »
    What I haven't tried is swapping someone out and then swapping the original back in to see if the first pattern presents itself again. If this does happen, then maybe there is a part based on your team composition or something, I dunno. If I remember tomorrow morning to try it out and get a good opportunity to do so, I will.

I just tried this, and you get the same result. However, that is just consistent with the game pre-rolling the numbers at the start of the match.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • philbert_tkd
    91 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Whether it is an "RPG" or not -- I say not, there is no role-playing here, it's an electronic card game -- your claim that it doesn't use random numbers is false. Only the devs know for sure but there is plenty of randomness.

if I enter the same match repeatedly and the game follows the same pathway when I make certain actions, that is not "random" anymore. That is predetermined "If he does this, the computer will do this exact action and this proc"
  • I think the next match will be set up based on your previous match , the last 7 team of gw in some points acting like they are predetermined and this effect goes a little bit away if you change your squad position in the next battle for example if you make your way to the next match and one of your characters was with yellow health bar then in the next match all al characters seem to be going to kill the low health character but if u only reposition the low health one to another position with another character , the al characters will work another way but may attack the position that yellow health character was standed befor , So i think the al set up and how they act depends on your previous battle and your formation of squad
  • I'm going to try once again to explain what is happening. I used to play Yahtzee with buddies and would notice the top players averaged 10+ yahtzees a game in tournament matches. I found out if you pass all 5 dice on your 3 rolls and look at bonus roll you can see what the 25 die are. It downloaded this pre-rolled string of numbers to the player. If you force close and restarted you get the same 25 die again, allowing the player to pick the best sequence for maximum scoring. The data always stayed the same because it was downloaded before the force close. This game does the same, it randomly generates all possible outcomes and downloads it. When you force close and restart that downloaded data is still there. If you can't understand this maybe you should put the game down and take a class on computer programming.
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    "When the subject is understood perfectly there is no debate." - Travis Stratton
  • philbert_tkd
    91 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm going to try once again to explain what is happening. I used to play Yahtzee with buddies and would notice the top players averaged 10+ yahtzees a game in tournament matches. I found out if you pass all 5 dice on your 3 rolls and look at bonus roll you can see what the 25 die are. It downloaded this pre-rolled string of numbers to the player. If you force close and restarted you get the same 25 die again, allowing the player to pick the best sequence for maximum scoring. The data always stayed the same because it was downloaded before the force close. This game does the same, it randomly generates all possible outcomes and downloads it. When you force close and restart that downloaded data is still there. If you can't understand this maybe you should put the game down and take a class on computer programming.

So you didn't play Yahtzee at the table, with actual dice, a true RNG. So you're example here isn't an RNG either, but a predetermined outcome that the game decides, and you are just playing along to what the game determines the preset outcome.

Got it.
  • mohsen wrote: »
    I think the next match will be set up based on your previous match , the last 7 team of gw in some points acting like they are predetermined and this effect goes a little bit away if you change your squad position in the next battle for example if you make your way to the next match and one of your characters was with yellow health bar then in the next match all al characters seem to be going to kill the low health character but if u only reposition the low health one to another position with another character , the al characters will work another way but may attack the position that yellow health character was standed befor , So i think the al set up and how they act depends on your previous battle and your formation of squad

I have noticed similar things too. I tend to hit the brick wall every single day in the same area, and have to send in my B and C squad to take some down. Some days the B Squad does enough to kill them, then the remaining part is just a walk in the park like it is at the start.

it is one of the reasons why I always try to end the match with maximum health possible, waiting til the end to heal up my squad, and leaving certain people for the final round (IE Chewbacca, or the healer with a lot of health) that can't do much damage.
  • I got it. Your just an ****.
  • philbert_tkd
    91 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I got it. Your just an ****.

you just proved the difference between an RNG, IE table Yahtzee where you throw the dice down, and a predetermined RNG that you are fated to follow no matter what.

Thanks for playing!
  • No Yahtzee with Buddies is a mobile game using RNG as does any computer game because a computer can't sit at a table rolling dice.
  • No Yahtzee with Buddies is a mobile game using RNG as does any computer game because a computer can't sit at a table rolling dice.
    It downloaded this pre-rolled string of numbers to the player.

This is not an RNG. An RNG is when you sit at the table and throw the dice yourself. That is random, and nothing is predetermined on what the dice will roll.

In your example, the computer decided already, and you are fated on what the outcome would be. Strategy is reduced as a result.
  • I mean I am not suggesting you do this, I think it breaks the spirit of the game personally, but I did a little testing myself on some of the easier missions. You can restart and if you do the same moves then the same thing happens (although the actual damage of crits is different each time, it still crits). However if you change the position of 2 of your party(not remove them just swap them round so the one that was on the left is now on the right) then it all changes...weird right? Same exact characters and same exact stats...yet different from the x amount of restarts before all following the same pattern.
  • The amazing part to me is that when problems are posted they don't address them. Just these dumb pinned posts at the top saying KNOWN ISSUES. Ffs do som3 thing about it EA.

I've submitted multiple missing shard reports with no response. Multiple bug reports, same thing. My roommate gets double rewards EVERY DAY while I dont. Report that bug and I get a message the very next day.

It's ridiculous how the priorities of the devs and cs of ea ONLY surround around short term money. I personally have spent a decent amount, but with the complete disregard of issues that matter to players, I won't spend another dime and as op says, will NEVER buy another EA game brand new. Gamestop or a private seller will get my bankroll, not a pathetic excuse for game developers and customer service that does no gd service.

From a top 10 player
  • This is why I won't purchase an EA game anymore first hand. This game literally killed what little faith I had left (after Battlefront "3"). Which I am waiting to get a copy of from a second hand store, IE Gamestop, but not because Gamestop sucks.
  • I built my first RNG over 35 years ago. I'm quite aware of what one is or isn't. Finish middle school before you start playing with the big kids.
  • philbert_tkd
    91 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I built my first RNG over 35 years ago. I'm quite aware of what one is or isn't. Finish middle school before you start playing with the big kids.

Cool story, bro. Problem is, I am 32 with a graduate degree in finance. Google "Bloomberg terminal." I am looking at one now. I doubt a middle school student knows what those are.

I've already proven that your RNG scenario is a predetermined outcome that you are fated to follow, with no ability to change it.

Take a game like Pokemon Blue or Red. Better yet, lets take Pokemon Emerald. First time I was playing it, I forgot to bring the Master Ball to capture Rayquaza. So I fought him, and he crushed me. I reset the game, and went again, and he crushed me again. And again. And again. And again. But each time he crushed me, same match (I was resetting the game) the outcome was being changed, sometimes I was able to paralyze him at the start of the match, other times I did more damage or got a crit off. I was literally restarting the same match, with the same squad, but each match was different. Eventually I captured him with an Ultra Ball, when so many previous attempts I got crushed. Why? Because the game was not predetermined that I would lose.
  • Good god the e-peens are out and waving...

Instead of arguing amongst yourselves about rng or predetermined, let's all agree that the fing game is broke and ea doesn't fix anything that doesn't affect their money.

Unite in the agreed battle to get ea to ADDRESS the issues and **** about what ya'll do for a living, how much ya'll know or don't know and the pre-teen insults.

We all want the same thing. For the gd game to work right?
  • philbert_tkd
    91 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Which is exactly why I am proclaiming to these retards that run EA that I won't spend another penny on their product to help their revenue. instead I will use their products second hand only, and make sure I go out of my way to not spend a penny on their products.

Much the same way I don't buy Activision products since those **** canceled the Ghostbusters PS3 video game (that got picked up by another distributor).