BB8 and Taunting

Right now I'm using droids in arena.
zzG12 GG, zG12 T3, G12 IG88, G12 B2, and gear 9 BB8. I purposefully havent upgraded BB's first ability because I want him to not die. That helps me get illuminated destiny. It works now, but when I get him high gear, should I keep him without it or put it on him.

BB8 and Taunting 31 votes

Give him the taunt! Protect your droids.
61%
Mr_Sausagejhbuchholzkristian1311Blackbeardpepejaymez369hotdeathsCarSickShoeSpindr1ftVeserion1KKatarnSparkle361EmguyVendi1983DaPowerfulJedisirjacobofglaisDinotank46DrageeroBadstilaW4gdebvre 19 votes
Share the pain, so less focus fire and more illuminated destiny.
38%
Aycee1CCyrilSCombatCommander7LCplRossKai_MulaiShokSwitcherooTialishoma241RaikoDarth_Tomsteros2707ReworkGriev0usliamx27 12 votes

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    I always figured the taunt was to trigger his Self Preservation Protocol zeta more often, healing the entire team because he literally sits there like a foresight ball half the battle. Could be really useful on that team.
  • Give him the taunt! Protect your droids.
    Dew it
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Give it to him but load him up with lots of health/protection. He will take a beating. As a droid user using BB8 I can tell you that you will almost never get to use illuminated destiny. He’s there for the speed bonus at the start of battle and to inflict tenacity down on enemies.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Share the pain, so less focus fire and more illuminated destiny.
    The thing that's always prevented me from doing it is that it's permanent. I can always add it later, but if I decide I dont want it, or it doesnt work in a different comp I'm SOL.
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    Give him the taunt, take out IG-88, put in 3PO or R2, give BB-8 both of his zetas.
  • kristian1311
    49 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    T3 should keep him alive long enough despite the taunts. At least it did when I ran them under HK, not sure about under GG.
  • Dinotank46
    553 posts Member
    I by mistake clicked on this for the voting one. don't give him the taunt it's not useful
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    I read the title as ‘BBQ and Taunting.’ I really expected to see legit photos of ribs or tri-tip or steaks. Needless to say, I’m completely let down to see it’s BB8 stuff. Carry on.