Helpful ideas for future title update. Community input welcome

Ckingera
41 posts Member
edited May 2019
Hello all! I would like to help our game continue to grow and prosper by suggesting ideas that would be actually beneficial to our own growth and satisfaction with the current state of the game. Yes this will be long lol but hopefully noticed and thought provoking to our community and developers alike. Please keep all negativity away from this post as it doesn’t inspire anyone to actually be better. I love this game and would to see the 5 year road map end with an announcement of another 5 year road map. 3 years into this and a lot of time and money, I don’t want us to plateau in the next couple of years. Let’s begin!

1. An update to mod management! A couple of initial ideas that come to mind are as follows.
1a. Allowing each character to have their own individual tab in mod management for load outs instead of a large page showing every character load out made. Possibly a toggle “all load outs” vs “toon load outs” to not scroll so far if you are good at mod management.
1b. A box to check, stating if the intention is to remove mods from other characters for one battle, or to actually move the mods with the intentions of them staying on that toon after the battle has taken place
1c. A “change load out” tab from within the character selection screen for raids and arena matches
1d. At this point in the game having a dot system is an outdated idea. No one actually uses mods less than 4 and 4 dot are only used if secondaries stats are unmatched by current 5 dots mod (I mean you speedy 4 dots!) so my suggestion is having mods be assigned by color only. Clearly this is the more important layer to mods this late in the game anyway.

2. An update to the daily challenges. I, among other players, have collected thousands of gear pieces from challenges that no longer serve a viable purpose. I have a few viable options listed below
2a. Creating additional tiers of each challenge. Make these challenging and rewarding. No more baby pieces that we don’t have a purpose for in these late game tiers. Instead, add pieces like stun guns, stun cuffs, gold eyeballs, and other pieces that provide real value
2b. Make the final tiers difficult and force them to be replayed using different team requirements once a month each month to unlock. This gives us uses for the factions we have grinded so hard and sit in the back rows of tw or GA
2c. If you go with my suggestion, don’t throw us curve balls like having gamorrean gaurd or cup. Make them factions like sisters, troopers, resistance, first order, Sith, Jedi, republic, droid, etc. ideally I don’t want my limited resources going to make a healer or tank only team for very difficult entry.
2d. Please no longer have challenges say you can get 7 carbantis if it’s something you can only achieve once a month if your lucky. I personally have never gotten more than 5... ever so I’m not sure why it’s listed as 7 unless the RNG gods are truly punishing me eternally and the rest of you guys actually frequently get 7 on the final tier. Many of my peers state they have never received 7.

3. A weekly challenge that is designed to appear on Sunday and end on Saturday. This would be very Interesting if done correctly and used as a tester for new raid, territory, and toon mechanics. Something similar to the atst walker for Ewoks or Malak event, but no faction requirement. By allowing you to include creatures and other very power mini bosses to be completed, you could test what can mechanics are correctly balanced before being implemented into the game and also which can be exploited by certain toons or factions.
boss examples: old Sith that won’t be added as playable characters, old Jedi, war vehicles, a squad of species from the universe that won’t be added as playable, include ships sometimes, potentially some events being multiphased but manageable with one squad, large beasts like tarentetek or whatever it’s called, random cartel clans, super charged factions like Phoenix squad in thrawn event( for seeing how teams interact better. Like Malak and Anakin) , force ghosts, scenarios of importance in lore, etc.
3a. Make it the same challenge for everyone with the intention of it having high tier rewards that rotate and be a rewarding challenge for players ftp and ptp alike who have dedicated years of their life into the product your team has created.
3b. With that demographic of player in mind, make it hard, really hard. Not chewy event hard, but padme event hard or Phoenix thrawn event hard lol. Make the rewards decent. Such as , 25 carbantis or similar value gear, 3 omegas, 1 zeta, not all together but each thing I listed, individually, as the possible rewards.

4. Please do something to ease to ever increasing shortage of omegas and zetas in this game. Far too often are we faced with unfinished factions by the zeta requirement for teams like Revan, galactic republic, Sith empire, and separatists needing 7 - 9 zetas to be finished. With each zeta taking about 2 weeks to farm with good RNG, releasing teams like Sith empire that need 9 zetas means with spend around 5 months on one team for zetas and needing (let’s say 11 omegas per zeta and lowball it) 99 total omegas on zeta abilities alone is a little much to ask of players. It leaves us little room to invest in any team that doesn’t unlock a legendary or is legendary itself. I’m not asking for you to hand them out like candy, but potentially incorporating them in more creative ways like some of my aforementioned ideas and in small increments. 3 omegas and 1-2 zetas at a time seems reasonable without unbalancing the grinds you have planned for the growth of the game over the next 5 years.

5. Continue to fine tune and monitor the match making in GA.
5a. Having certain toons like the Revans, Traya, and legendaries, be weighted. .

6. Give us a “view stats” tab before starting a match to see a quick overview of stats with so many clicks to view 5 toons stats before fighting.

6. Please don’t let ships die, they have so much potential and we all know it (sorry to people who ignore it) there are probably 30 people in the game who have ships in lore but not the game and the meta has been stale for well... ever. Just do an event for capital ship, sprinkle us to some marquees, galactic chases once a month, and take my challenges idea for ship challenges as well and make the highest tier rewards new capital ships. I truly feel by adding a Sith capital, resistance capital, separatists capital, and one other that makes sense is enough to bring it back to life. Just add some shiny new toys to go along with them and you have a compelling and diverse shot of life to inject into the universally least cared for mode in this game.

I’d like to thank anyone who took the time to read my feedback about improving the health of this game. I know it was long. I’d also like anyone who cared enough about to this game and read this all to think about the idea that, by providing valuable feedback to the developers instead of setting the forums on fire every 3 days of the newest way the game frustrates you, we empower each other and the wonder team at Capital games to create a game that follows us through the years and enriches our lives. Quite honestly this is the best star wars game ever made in its own right, yes it has its flaws but quite honestly I’ve never been content playing ( and paying ;) ) the same game for 3 years in my life. Thank you for everyone’s times. See you on the holo-tables

SWGOH ratem Hetep
GUILD family friendly cantina
YEARS PLAYED 3
DOLLARS SPENT ... well enough for you to question my sanity
Post edited by Ckingera on

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    I'm sorry but these wont be added. Majority of them have been requested dozens of times (especially Zetas/omegas) but nothing has really been done by CG besides may 4th rewards.
  • Ckingera
    41 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »
    I'm sorry but these wont be added. Majority of them have been requested dozens of times (especially Zetas/omegas) but nothing has really been done by CG besides may 4th rewards.

Changed it to “future title” makes more sense. I’m also aware these all would take a long time to create so “next” was an unreasonable request honestly
  • Mikayas
    95 posts Member
    Love the ideas! Hope some are given a chance at some point!
  • DarthKoon
    449 posts Member
    Well. I read it. The ideas are great but I doubt they'll be added.
  • HIRE BOUNTY HUNTERS
    For Legendary and Mythic events, or any event that is faction specific, allow players to hire a bounty hunter to qualify for that faction for that one battle. If you fail to complete the mission, you'd have to pay again (if you wanted). Something like 250,000 credits for five star, 500,000 for six star and a million for seven star.

CLASSIC BATTLES
    Rather than tune-up or rework older toons, just make events, challenges, raids, etc. that only allow older toons. Ugnaught is never going to be viable, and, frankly, any rework that does is wholly unbelievable. However, a Classic Event that only allows toons released in 2016 or earlier would make older toons mildly useful again. CG could then release a Legacy Event for toons released in 2017 or earlier. This would allow the power creep to run rampant for those that enjoy staying on top of Squad Arena, Grand Arena, and Territory Wars, but still ease the burn for those that have improved what are now useless characters.

MOD CAP
    Remove the mod cap of 500.
  • I think it would be a great idea if there was some way you could combine all the excess credits accrued from Cantina Battles, Galactic War etc along with credits of all types and haggle with Watto for shards or equipment you actually need.
    Also the ability to choose the character of choice in the monthly daily log in screen would be more of an incentive to play every day.
    A weekly “slot of choice” in each arena would work better than just accruing shards for the stale shard store.
    And can we please refresh characters in all stores monthly?
  • Ckingera
    41 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb i would love for either of you to at least read this. I’m trying really hard to give positive input instead of the waves of unreasonable complaints you often see.