2 Words.......Stun Guns.........

Darth
296 posts Member
I know it’s been like this for like 3 yrs but come on CG give us a freaking break already!!! The percentage of these showing up anywhere in the game are the lowest of any gear and it’s ridiculous. I’m tired of just hunting for stun guns! Increase the % at least a lil bit?!?!!!??!........

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Don't worry, the crunch should be alleviated with the new gear. And by "alleviated", they mean "New paid gear required in addition to the usual gear wall"...
  • Loky
    41 posts Member
    And I had to waste 4 full stun guns to get padme...... makes me wanna cry
  • thedrjojo
    952 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I'm currently sitting on 100 stun gun salvage and 7 carbantis.... Still buying the guns whenever I see them in in GET... even though I'm otherwise stocking my GET for Malak. But I think carbanti is a worse bottleneck, even if we get one free a week...

I just counted... 44 characters of mine currently need at least 1 carbanti at their current gear levels... And only 29 need stun guns.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    I'm currently sitting on 100 stun gun salvage and 7 carbantis.... Still buying the guns whenever I see them in in GET... even though I'm otherwise stocking my GET for Malak. But I think carbanti is a worse bottleneck, even if we get one free a week...

I just counted... 44 characters of mine currently need at least 1 carbanti at their current gear levels... And only 29 need stun guns.

You get on average 60 carbs (more than one full one) a week. You can buy them with guild currency. Stun guns? Nope. Your choices are to burn energy, burn GEC, wait for lucky drops in shard shop, or burn crystals. None of these are good options.

No comparison.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    Don't worry man, just open your wallet and problem solved.
    EAsy solution 😉
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Easybee
    140 posts Member
    You're just another (gold) brick in the wall.

Their huge, golden wall.
  • thedrjojo wrote: »

End game player

Have 1,000+ carbantis
    At a point you can't apply them because you need stun guns since a stun gun also needs a carbanti it craft.

So u only have 15 characters 44-29 that need carbanti only (likely toons lower gear levels 7 8 9...) but once you get up high enough u can't get further gear wise even with 1,000+ carbantis because each carbanti needs a stun gun to make the full piece.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Interesting statistic from u/Quwerta on Reddit about the increase of common gear (eyeballs, carbs, cuffs and stun guns) being required with the new releases since 2018-08-08 with stun guns having a ~58% increase.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/blsmnw/i_did_a_post_about_the_4_most_used_gear_pieces/
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

End game player

Have 1,000+ carbantis
    At a point you can't apply them because you need stun guns since a stun gun also needs a carbanti it craft.

So u only have 15 characters 44-29 that need carbanti only (likely toons lower gear levels 7 8 9...) but once you get up high enough u can't get further gear wise even with 1,000+ carbantis because each carbanti needs a stun gun to make the full piece.

Interested in seeing your roster with 1000 carbs laying around.

13545298 eight
    40+ g12
    40+ g11
  • thedrjojo
    952 posts Member

End game player

Have 1,000+ carbantis

Right, I'm sure at different levels there are different walls.

I'm 2mil gp.

Yes, many of those carbanti only ppl are g7-9. Like, g7 juhani needs 2 (she overall needs 150 stun gun salvage and 350 carbanti). G8 Canderous needs 1 carbanti (I already put on the stun gun).
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Interesting statistic from u/Quwerta on Reddit about the increase of common gear (eyeballs, carbs, cuffs and stun guns) being required with the new releases since 2018-08-08 with stun guns having a ~58% increase.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/blsmnw/i_did_a_post_about_the_4_most_used_gear_pieces/

Thanks for linking this. It’s interesting to see the actual data on the increases. So it’s not just a “feeling” everyone is having.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    You get on average 60 carbs (more than one full one) a week. You can buy them with guild currency. Stun guns? Nope. Your choices are to burn energy, burn GEC, wait for lucky drops in shard shop, or burn crystals. None of these are good options.

No comparison.
    I find stun guns to be a perfectly reasonable source of GET, and doing so turns carbantis into more of a bottleneck than stun guns for me.
    Post edited by YaeVizsla on
    Still not a he.
  • Lasod
    52 posts Member
    Pft, ill sell 50 stun guns for 25 droidcallers
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

No comparison.
    I find stun guns to be a perfectly reasonable source of GET, and doing so turns carbantis into more of a bottleneck than stun guns for me.

I felt that way too. And because of that my Malak is only 6* and close to two months from 7*
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

No comparison.
    Agreed. Until they decided to put Malak into the Guild Store, I only struggled with Stun Guns if they never showed up in the GET store for a period of time. Its unfortunate that they are adding more toons there, so the Stun Gun bottleneck has returned
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I'm betting there will be two new toons there for the new TB as well, so it's only gonna get worse.
  • Kailen
    90 posts Member
    It's not going to be "fixed" because this isn't seen as a problem. It's the solution. The manufactured scarcity of stun guns (among others) is a limiter, it keeps people from rapidly having full progress with everyone. Hell, stun guns aren't even the worst offender because there's so many places you could farm them if you wanted to, versus some of the other gear that is harder to get. Stun Guns are just one of the more obvious ones. That and the handcuffs, and yellow spheres.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Stun cuffs aren't even close to a limiter.

The only thing that is more limiting than stun guns is the new gear.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    In comparison I don't need them as much as

b821rxb7jigy.png
    te3cmnxgtr3v.png
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited May 2019
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited May 2019

How so? It's the actual, definite measure of how many of these things I need. The ball takes 50x one piece, 60x the other one, Stun gun needs 50x of both things. Each of these 4 gear components are fully bottlenecked for me.

Your example takes 1x pieces of 3 seperate types which are not bottlenecked in any manner or sort.

Edit correction: Syringe needs 11x total parts
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    The point was that a "how many toons need it" comparison is not relevant. Especially because you're presumably not trying to gear every single toon to max right now.

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    The point was that a "how many toons need it" comparison is not relevant. Especially because you're presumably not trying to gear every single toon to max right now.

It does matter as this also presents a parity of how many of these things I may encounter on any toon I may want to develop. I develop toons based on usefulness. If we contract the parity and average it, for every 0.99 yellows I'll need, I'll need 0.87 stun guns. Mileage will vary on each actual toon and it will average out in the long term unless CG dramatically changes gear layout of newly designed toons.

This has been the case for me for quite a long time since I got bottlenecked on the yellow salvage stock, I needed them as much as stun guns and they were in as short supply as stun guns.