"Official Spin" on Event? Or can CG just be honest?

SamuraiUX
265 posts Member
edited May 2019
Padme is harder to get than Grandmaster Yoda. Or Emperor Palpatine. Or Thrawn. Or Cmdr Luke.

Is it canonical? That is, is she supposed to be that powerful a character? Of course not.
Is she really new and shiny? Naw, Attack of the Clones is hardly a recent film.

So why is she almost impossible to obtain? Because:

1) Power creep.
2) People have wanted her for a while, CG knows this and has held her back, so that now people are in a frenzy to get her.

But mainly:
3) Because of 2, CG is hoping people will spend insane amounts of money to get her. Or tough luck.

So does this bother me? Only because I wonder what the cover story is, and why they won't just be honest. "We know it's ridiculous. There's no precedence for this, but that's how these things go, they're just going to keep getting harder because we want to keep you hooked and keep you spending."

Could someone just be honest and say that from CG? I'd respect it a lot more. What would THEIR 'politically correct' 'party line' answer even BE? What could they possibly say is the explanation besides what I've said?

Oh, and also, all this work for Padme Amidala is kind of silly. I mean, she's not Darth Plagueis for heaven's sake.

I have her 5* and she's fun and I'm happy with that for now, so I'm not anti... I just get mad at the sugarcoating mealy-mouthed deception around what's actually going on here. And really, I shouldn't have had to work that hard to unlock her, but ok.

What's MY solution you ask? Put out a bunch of fun, interesting, medium-level characters that create fun and diversity, that are challenging but not insane to unlock. Not every release needs to be a huge deal. I'd be more likely to spend for funsies if it was something easygoing and chill and exciting than I am when I feel coerced and irritated and its super-not easygoing or chill.

And that's all I have to say about that.
Will get put in the corner or deleted for badmouthing the game... worth it.

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    I got up to Tier 5 with a G12 Asajj, a G7 Dooku and untouched Geo's and/or Magna. Once I got absolutely trashed on T5 compared to breezing through T4 I was done. I'll work on sep droids for fun. But won't stress to 7* her the next time.