Are we having fun yet?

Prev1
HFB
5 posts Member
Sitting and repeating this same fight for hours on end waiting for RNG to spin out the 100% perfect battle is not what I would consider fun.

What fun is there in the actual game anymore? What has CG done to create actual enjoyment in this games playerbase?

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    HFB wrote: »
    Sitting and repeating this same fight for hours on end waiting for RNG to spin out the 100% perfect battle is not what I would consider fun.

What fun is there in the actual game anymore? What has CG done to create actual enjoyment in this games playerbase?

The games pre fun that's why ppl play it.
  • It did feel good when I got her to 7* without spending crystal stash on droideka.

Never mind gearing her. She might not even be worth gearing.
  • EmeraldZx
    176 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I've never been so disrespected by a game before. My attempt count is in the 60s and I have G12 with zetas and smart moddings. Happened with Chewie, happened with Malak, and will happen with whoever comes after Padme.
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    Its just not right by CG. This isn't how the game should be. Like everyone else has said, apart from the new b1 and droidika, we have teams with god mods and g12 and still cant beat the event.

An event shouldn't require 12hrs of nonstop playing in hopes of 1 in 10000000 rng
  • Legendaries are almost never fun, it's the way they're designed
  • kiar1404
    241 posts Member
    Since I accepted not getting any toon maxed on release ... fun returned. .... And it is much cheaper.
  • why u guys need everything on the first day maxed out?
  • Presaria
    199 posts Member
    No fun left in this game. The character events are all feeling like a boring slog.
  • Armatores
    248 posts Member
    For reduced fun factor we must thanks to game designers, that keep cloning existing events and game modes. We want to see something really new and fresh, and instead we get another raid, another TW (just solo), another TB, etc. CG choosed easiest and cheapest path to move ahead.
  • Angelloyd
    365 posts Member
    Lol, if people have the gear and zetas and are still failing, they need to discover why are they failing so much in this game, because no event so far should have been a problem if you are prepared
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    EmeraldZx wrote: »
    I've never been so disrespected by a game before. My attempt count is in the 60s and I have G12 with zetas and smart moddings.
    Use Droideka ;)
  • TekkarEdorf
    670 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I've never been so disrespected by a game before. My attempt count is in the 60s and I have G12 with zetas and smart moddings. Happened with Chewie, happened with Malak, and will happen with whoever comes after Padme.

60's? I got closer to a two hundred attempts on tier 7 now . But I dont have droideka or b1. Or magnaguard geared up
  • Orleans
    177 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    General Grievous team is top tier in Grand Arena and people with high aspirations should have it at least in development. Event is perfectly fine with G12 Grievous, G12 Asajj which everyone should have and min. G10 B2. I’m curious where all the whining comes from tbh. Better than everyone getting it with g7. I hope we’ll get mythic for Chewie soon so people can complain again..
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited May 2019

People always say this about the Chewie and 3P0 events, but I got both of their 7* tiers on the 2nd attempt, and nobody had godlike mods.

I'll give it up that the lightside half of Malak was brutal.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ryzak620
    215 posts Member
    To look at this Padme event from a "whale's" perspective......

Day 1: Cleared tiers 1-6 with only one loss on tier 6.
    Did approximately 5 attempts at tier 7 with zero success
    Day 2: Did approximately 30-40 attempts at tier 7 with zero success.
    By the tenth attempt, I had figured out everything I wanted to use to counter what the event was doing. For example, I knew that at the minimum, GK needed to have the buff immunity debuff on him for this to work, and Padme had to be knocked out first and try and stun Anakin as much as possible. I was still playing around with team composition, but always had GG (L), Asajj, and B-2. I alternated using Magna, Sun Fac, B-1, Droideka, and even the Spy once. I learned really quickly that B-1 was not a good choice as he attacks "out of turn" a lot, and on tier 7, that just creates more protection up, so he was the first to go. Eventually settled on, 2x zetaGG (L), 2x zeta Asajj, 1x zeta B-2, Magnaguard,and Droideka. Despite all of the playing around, still couldn't win.
    Day 3: Zero attempts. I was still too annoyed by the previous day to bother with it
    Day 4: 20 attempts. Came close once when I was down to Asajj vs. Mace. Couldn't get stun to land on Mace, so he ended up winning
    Day 5: 2 attempts. The first attempt I retreated immediately because GK dodged the B-2 buff immunity debuff. Second attempt, I win. I was using the same strategy that I used for over half the day on day 2 and all day on day 4. No changes to the squad for probably the last 50 attempts.

This, to me, just proves that this event, even more so than any other event is all about RNG. Strategy, which should be the primary way to win these events is almost absent from this event. The Malak event, while ridiculously difficult (light side), did have a solid way of winning, but it took time, and it required doing the right thing at the right moment. The Padme event did require having a solid trio of GG, B-2, and Asajj, but it was RNG after that for the most part. On my last fight, I got very lucky. I was able to take out Padme really quickly, and was able to keep Anakin stunned so I could then continue to take out the fish guy, and then kill JKA and Mace and leave GK for last.
    I don't mind challenges. It took me a good day to come up with the best strategy to win the LS Malak event, and while I got frustrated, I learned something every time, until I eventually won, and was able to show friends and the community here how I was able to consistently do it. Padme, I can show what squad I used and the kill order I used, but it's still luck. And luck should never be the solution to any game.
  • RNG and gambling is what this game has become.
    I can't even understand the turn order anymore. Sometimes GK goes before my b2, sometimes my b2 goes first. I've changed nothing.

It would be nice if they had set stats that we know we just overcome in order to win. But the stats continue to fluctuate. One day left. I don't think I'll beat tier 5. And I'm usually the type of person who is persistent until I win. But this event is just brutal for the less than hardcore players.
  • TVF
    36589 posts Member
    Ironicstan wrote: »
    RNG and gambling is what this game has become.
    I can't even understand the turn order anymore. Sometimes GK goes before my b2, sometimes my b2 goes first. I've changed nothing.

Please read B2's kit.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

It would be nice if they had set stats that we know we just overcome in order to win. But the stats continue to fluctuate. One day left. I don't think I'll beat tier 5. And I'm usually the type of person who is persistent until I win. But this event is just brutal for the less than hardcore players.

well, even very casual players with a basic understanding of the game's mechanics can figure out why GK sometimes goes before b2, but at other times b2 goes before GK.
    I mean, come on...
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • That's my point. It's all RNG. 40% chance for a strategy to work. 50% chance for a stun to go off. 100% chance for a stun to go off only to have it resisted or deflected.

So many times I would have won if 1 more stun would have landed.
  • HFB
    5 posts Member
    Ryzak620 wrote: »
    Day 5: 2 attempts. The first attempt I retreated immediately because GK dodged the B-2 buff immunity debuff.

From a non-whale, that does occassionally throw this game a benjamin or two.

I'm on tier 6 and I did this maneuver for 3 hours straight last night before writing this thread.

I did the same thing for tier 5 before getting a win.

Then there are the retreats: if padme resist the stun-lock, targetlock, healing immunity.
    As well as the ones for GK clearing debuffs.

I am using:
    225 speed g11 zGG(l);
    267speed g11 Dooku;
    241 speed g12 zAV;
    100% potency, 180speed g11 B2.
    Magna/geos/etc are all g8 and can throw speed protection tank gear on them.

Against my better judgement, I threw $100 at this event because I saw pademe's value as a Defensive GA team.

GA being the only thing left on this game, despite its flaws & lackluster rewards, I actually enjoy playing because it requires some skill, strategy and planning.

At this point I think I would have had a better chance at winning the powerball every drawing for a month.
    If i went that way, my money would have been better spent, since 50% of sales go to parks, wildlife, rec and education.

• @HFB 4 8 15 16 23 42
  • HFB
    5 posts Member

The enemy has preloaded TM, they all start at, or near 100% TM.

B2 has like a 40% chance to gain 100%TM when an ally is attacked or evaded.

So, for b2 to go before GK:
    CG has to attack an ally first,
    RNG win gives b2 100% TM,
    100%TM =wait for speed order of toons w/ 100% TM.
    Use AoE,
    RNG win x5 = all enemies get buffs cleared.
    RGN win x5 = all enemies get buff immunity.
    RGN win again if GK has yet to hit 100% TM next and insta-clear all those consecutive RGN wins, before you can stun him (which requires another RGN win.)

The whole fight requires a series multiple thousands of consecutive RGN wins to beat. One RGN fail and it is a wipe. Retreat.

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

well, even very casual players with a basic understanding of the game's mechanics can figure out why GK sometimes goes before b2, but at other times b2 goes before GK.
    I mean, come on...

It's a lot easier for people to proclaim "iz teh RNG ur gaem r badz" than it is to think for five seconds and adjust their strategy, unfortunately.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ryzak620
    215 posts Member
    At this point I think I would have had a better chance at winning the powerball every drawing for a month.
    If i went that way, my money would have been better spent, since 50% of sales go to parks, wildlife, rec and education.

I totally agree with your assessment. I would recommend losing Dooku though. He also does many "out of turn" attacks (i.e. counter-attacks). I'm not sure if that counts as adding protection up buff or not. I didn't use him at all. Otherwise, your speeds are actually better than mine were for the most part. I would recommend putting the Accuracy Arrow on B-2 and getting potency even higher if possible (mine was at 114%). His speed is completely irrelevant.

Jarvind wrote: »
    It's a lot easier for people to proclaim "iz teh RNG ur gaem r badz" than it is to think for five seconds and adjust their strategy, unfortunately.

Agreed, with what the original postings about who goes when. However, I think most would agree that this event is mostly RNG driven.

• TVF
    36589 posts Member
    Ryzak620 wrote: »

I totally agree with your assessment. I would recommend losing Dooku though. He also does many "out of turn" attacks (i.e. counter-attacks). I'm not sure if that counts as adding protection up buff or not.

It does. Same with Sun Fac, unfortunately.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ryzak620
    215 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    It does. Same with Sun Fac, unfortunately.

That's what I thought as well. That's why I ended up with using Droideka and Magnaguard as my other 2. I know a lot of people don't have Droideka, so I'd consider one of the other Geo's maybe. One of my guildmates just did it with Spy in place of Droideka (he still used Magna).
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Magna also attacks out of turn. His and Dooku's stuns are nice to have though.