Gamebreaking GA Exploit needs Fixed ASAP

Prev1
WookieWookie
1460 posts Member
Not my content, but devs and moderators need to be aware of this. It might qwell some of the outcry about 'cheating' in GA. Turns out try-hards are just taking advantage of a major oversight with this exploit. I'm not looking to move mods around for hours and 1M+ credits just to win an extra 1-2 zetas per GA, but those with lots of time on their hands and less morals likely have been abusing this exploit for months.

Not posting in bugs section as this is more of a PSA about an exploit, for those who want to participate (more people abusing it may force CG's hand), or those frustrated that they are losing GA more often than seems correct, given that they're likely not abusing this exploit. (I know I'm not)

https://youtu.be/_6f4tymJu-4

Just a community FYI and a devs heads up.

Replies

• kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Probably plenty of people have been unknowingly either taking advantage of (or nerfing their mods) due to this as well.
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    It's legit. See DM video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6f4tymJu-4

I've lost battles to teams with inferior speed and mods than mine.
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    This needs more attention. It completely invalidates the result of who knows how many GA (and TW?) and needs to be fixed immediately.
  • I lost a JKR mirror match on April 14 because I had taken mods off my JKR after lock. I thought it was an isolated incident. This has been an issue for quite some time and needs to be fixed before any further GA matches.
  • It works in TW too
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • CG you should END this TW and GA until this exploit is fixed!! Not fair keep them running.
  • It's been this way since the beginning. I've submitted a help ticket,... No response.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    I agree it needs attention. People exploiting it should be found out and removed too.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb this needs to be addressed ASAP
  • Arkantos
    65 posts Member
    Upvote this **** until a dev responds
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    Reported this a few weeks ago.... devs did nothing.
  • FolsomTony
    374 posts Member
    Arkantos wrote: »
    Upvote this **** until a dev responds

We could be here a while.........
    Seriously, this has been known for a while, and I have never seen anyone from the CG or EA world respond. It's very poor that this made it into the code, but even worse that when discovered, goes left unchecked or acknowledged.
  • Orleans
    177 posts Member
    Old news. Manipulating mods prolly works for months if not longer by now. I saw this happening before GA was even introduced.
  • 1. How has a game changer not come across this bug/cheat yet and brought it up to the community?
    2. Darth microtransaction has some incredible, unique content on his channel. Go check it out sometime.
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    This is a HORRIBLE way to handle it... As it was EA could have fixed it can punished those that exploited it. Now with the "bug" well known, there is no chance of punishment.

• DavieJG
    112 posts Member
    I noticed an oddity with mods and speed a while back. Did a search, found an existing bug report and added my findings. Shame it takes a you tube video these days to get anything fixed
  • They rake in millions of dollars each year, yet I’ve played games with a quarter of their budget that run way smoother than this. It seems like every other day we find some bug.
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    1. How has a game changer not come across this bug/cheat yet and brought it up to the community?

I agree.

Also where the heck are the reddit players whose CG tend to listen more than us here in the forums?
  • I agree this one should be an expedited fix. It counterproductive the health of the game
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    botabu wrote: »
    Reported this a few weeks ago.... devs did nothing.

A few weeks ago? That’s cute.
    I reported it to Kozi in April 2018 as it was happening in tw.
  • DeeOhGee
    118 posts Member
    Ridiculous!
  • FolsomTony
    374 posts Member
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    This is a HORRIBLE way to handle it... As it was EA could have fixed it......

As I previously replied to another, they (CG) already know about it, and have for months. I'm not sure they know how to fix it, so it goes unacknowledged. But what they won't do, is put a hold on events that this exploit affect.

EA is not the developer.
  • Kantouch
    54 posts Member
    Make swgoh great again!
  • It's legit. See DM video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6f4tymJu-4

I've lost battles to teams with inferior speed and mods than mine.

I have mentioned this here, in this forum, a couple times. Told my guild about it too. Nobody believed me. To me, remodding for every battle is far too tedious, but there may be others people who do it all the time. Not sure if the squad manager bit is necessary, I don't think it is.
  • Confirmed. Works in TW
  • Relax

I'm sure GC can prove this bug is new and haven't been in the game since launch of TW/GA and at the same time prove that noone has taken advantage of it until now.

[end sarcasm]

In the highly (un)likely event that they cannot do so, then the obvious solution is to compensate everybody with first place awards for every. Single. Event. The argument is simple, we will all say: "everyone who has managed to beat me must have cheated".
    Ok, 100% serious: This is serious. It's about criminal activities (cheating in a pay to win game).
    And it's about trust in the developer to do everything they can to restrict cheating. Why should I pay for something when others rob me of my reward by using a cheat GC knows about?
    The word of the street is, that top guilds have known about this for a long time.
    Ban them all and give us compensation for our loses.