Unstable Batteries Not Working Right

Anybody else having this issue? Droids are blowing up (Unstable Batteries triggering) without doing the big damage (80% Max Health) and Burning on enemies.

Anybody else having this issue?

@CG_SBCrumb can you check on this?

Replies

• Some additional information. It might be related to an interaction with Thermal Detonators. Thermal Detonators explode, causing damage to a Droid on the attacking team. Unstable Batteries happens to trigger, which destroys the Droid, but for some reason it doesn't trigger the damage and burning to the enemy team.

@CG_SBCrumb
  • This bonus has been weird from the start. Every time it’s live posts like this come out.
  • yohann269
    375 posts Member
    Some additional information. It might be related to an interaction with Thermal Detonators. Thermal Detonators explode, causing damage to a Droid on the attacking team. Unstable Batteries happens to trigger, which destroys the Droid, but for some reason it doesn't trigger the damage and burning to the enemy team.

@CG_SBCrumb

What was the full team you were using and facing?
  • Angelloyd
    365 posts Member
    Remember that 80% of max health can be as low as like 40% of protection
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    It's working for me, as far as I can tell. If there's a problem, it's situational.
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    Some additional information. It might be related to an interaction with Thermal Detonators. Thermal Detonators explode, causing damage to a Droid on the attacking team. Unstable Batteries happens to trigger, which destroys the Droid, but for some reason it doesn't trigger the damage and burning to the enemy team.

@CG_SBCrumb

Resistance (JTR, BB-8, Finn, Scavenger, and Trooper) against Bounty Hunters (Bossk, Boba, Dengar, Zam, and Cad Bane).

Dengar used Mini-Mine Mayhem, and Zam used See What Sticks on their first turns. Those Thermal Detonators explode in the next turn or so (maybe even triggered by Zam's basic) and my BB-8 explodes. No issues with that, as it was a risk I was ready for. However, when he blew up, Unstable Batteries did zero damage (or Burning) to the opposing team. None whatsoever.

Several guild mates had a similar experience when using their JTR + BB-8 squads against the Bounty Hunter wall. Not all did, but one wouldn't expect Unstable Batteries to trigger every time, since there is only a 15% chance for it to do so. However, when it does trigger, it should work as advertised in the event description.

• Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member

@CG_SBCrumb

Yeah, I posted a thread about this last TW where we had these droid "bonuses". Same thing happened to me. A detonator caused my droid to explode and it didn't do any damage. I'm pretty sure it's bugged if the self-destruct is caused by a detonator.
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    Well if the detonator does it, it doesn't have a max hp so I can see why it wouldn't work. Good to know what causes this though.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    Whazn wrote: »
    Well if the detonator does it, it doesn't have a max hp so I can see why it wouldn't work. Good to know what causes this though.

That should have zero impact on it. The "bonus" says that droids "have a 15% chance to be destroyed when damaged by an attack." Doesn't matter whether the detonator has max HP. When destroyed by this "bonus" ability, the droid deals "damage to EACH enemy equal to 80% of that enemy's Max Health". It is supposed to deal the damage to every enemy and not just the attacking enemy. So, again, there is no reason a detonator should impact this any differently than any other type of attack. However, there was previously a bug where Boba's contract wouldn't get triggered if the contract target enemy was defeated by a detonator....so clearly there are some coding issues where detonators aren't treated the same as other attacks.
  • UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member

That should have zero impact on it. The "bonus" says that droids "have a 15% chance to be destroyed when damaged by an attack." Doesn't matter whether the detonator has max HP. When destroyed by this "bonus" ability, the droid deals "damage to EACH enemy equal to 80% of that enemy's Max Health". It is supposed to deal the damage to every enemy and not just the attacking enemy. So, again, there is no reason a detonator should impact this any differently than any other type of attack. However, there was previously a bug where Boba's contract wouldn't get triggered if the contract target enemy was defeated by a detonator....so clearly there are some coding issues where detonators aren't treated the same as other attacks.

But detonators are in the same boat as DoTs, they are effects, not attacks.
  • Whazn wrote: »

Yet they can trigger the explosion "bonus" at full health apparently.
    I was going to comment the same thing, but then I realised that despite the wording of the abilities, detonators actually trigger half of the effect (explosion but no damage to enemies) while they should deal only normal damage.
  • 6The6Bull6
    647 posts Member
    Yes had carth open with an AOE, my c3po died immediately and didn't do any damage or apply burning. Sweet droids Nerf for tw.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member

You’re missing the point. The detonator causes the droid to explode. If the droid explodes, it’s supposed to do damage to all enemies. So either the detonators shouldn’t trigger the explosions or the damage has to occur if there’s an explosion from the detonator. It’s clearly broken if the detonator triggers a droid explosion but the droid does no damage.
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    I agree it sounds like a bug. And it's totally believable that this bug would sneak in, since in many ways detonators don't count as damage from an enemy. They should trigger both effects or neither effect.
  • Whatelse73
    2161 posts Member
    They didn't work right the last two times they ran these "buffs" either. Maybe if they run these buggy buffs a few more times they'll get them working right eventually?

I had two of my droids get blown up and they did about 25% damage to ONE character on the other team, each.
  • And this occurred in the last two TWs but no repair or something.lol
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Just buy new batteries.

43yt05z5i15r.jpg
  • ThisYeezy
    582 posts Member
    Please, for the love of God, just remove Unstable Batteries from the game and we'll just pretend this mistake of a 'buff' never happened.
  • Spinner
    4 posts Member
    Same for me, my Chopper explodes with the first hit. But no Damage at the enemy. I killed their Chopper. And it worked fine and so i lost the fight.
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    However, there was previously a bug where Boba's contract wouldn't get triggered if the contract target enemy was defeated by a detonator....
    that bug is still active
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    It's awesome.
  • yohann269 wrote: »

@CG_SBCrumb

Resistance (JTR, BB-8, Finn, Scavenger, and Trooper) against Bounty Hunters (Bossk, Boba, Dengar, Zam, and Cad Bane).

Dengar used Mini-Mine Mayhem, and Zam used See What Sticks on their first turns. Those Thermal Detonators explode in the next turn or so (maybe even triggered by Zam's basic) and my BB-8 explodes. No issues with that, as it was a risk I was ready for. However, when he blew up, Unstable Batteries did zero damage (or Burning) to the opposing team. None whatsoever.

Several guild mates had a similar experience when using their JTR + BB-8 squads against the Bounty Hunter wall. Not all did, but one wouldn't expect Unstable Batteries to trigger every time, since there is only a 15% chance for it to do so. However, when it does trigger, it should work as advertised in the event description.

Detonators kill BB8 outright. It wasn't because your BB8 decides to blow up
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Unstable batteries worked great for us today won Tw for us . Suicide droids rule
  • @Kyno needs to be in the big report right? ;)
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • joelgs23
    251 posts Member
    Same, I had K2 and R2 go BOOM 3 or 4 times, never did damage to enemies. ALSO, you are not supposed to be able to revive them, but Jyn E. can and did. I revived K2 three times in the same game, but then he died on every hit that game.... so... unstable batteries is totally unstable....

• Detonators kill BB8 outright. It wasn't because your BB8 decides to blow up

I doubt it was that, since TDs from Zam only remove 30% of targets max health, and TD's from Dengar remove just 20%. BB-8 hadn't been hit with anything else, and was at more-or-less full H&P otherwise, so he should have had plenty of H&P left after losing 50% max health when the first set detonated.

• Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    I think the issue is that for purposes of initiating the ability, TDs are being considered an "attack", yet when it comes time to do the massive damage and inflict burning, they are NOT considered. So your Droid just nukes itself because of the TD, but doesn't actually do the benefit to the nuking.