Do people that complain on the forums...read the forums? (A "Thank You" Thread)

Gifafi
6017 posts Member
Serious question. Every time we have an event it starts with "Impossible!!!" "Cash grab!!" etc, then people post strats. Then people come here to post that it's impossible and a cash grab, and even about how they have all g12 and tried 1100 times and can't even unlock, etc.

Every event I can remember has had a strategy, going back to thrawn (oldest one I can remember offhand). Every event (that has more than 5 chars you can use) has had some chars that are better or worse (bossk/dengar for chewie, logray etc for 3po). Every event has had certain mods that work better than others (potency for boba for chewie, etc).

Every event, kind people come and post what worked for them, and inevitably people seem to either not read, discount, disbelieve, or just want to yell about $, I guess. It seems so odd to me, considering all you need has been or will be posted (depending on how early you angrily post obv).

Now sometimes you won't have the char starred, or cg drops something crazy like a 2 day event needing g12/zetaed toons with almost no notice...but if you have the toons the above still applies.

Anyway, just wanted to thank everyone who has posted strategies for Padme (got her 6*, using meh toons/no zetas, besides asajj g12zz, who I've had forever), as well as all other events. I wish I didn't throw gear on seps in-between 5* and 6* without, wait for it....reading the forums again, but that will pay off in the future.

Your efforts do not go unappreciated, even if people (like me) don't always explicitly thank you in-thread. Good looking out.

ftr, in case anyone is wondering: it took about 11 tries for 5* (rng) and exactly two tries for 6* (AFTER reading forums). .

Thanks again!

tl;dr: thank you to people who posted strategies which made this event one of the easier events we've had lately.
Maybe End Game isn't for you

Replies

• Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    Only speaking for myself here:

For chewie, I had dengar but no bossk. For c3po, I didn’t have paploo or logray. I understand there’s synergy in characters and the strategy is easier with certain toons over others, but it really sucks to play the same battles over and over hoping for good RNG just to know if I even have a chance to win. Here’s how most of my matches went:

Do almost nothing in the match—> get wiped out. Add a few pieces of gear, try again —> get wiped out. Read some strategies, add some more gear, swap mods around, try again —> get wiped out. Repeat this process 200-500 more times (not adding gear each time) —> good RNG leads to a win.

At no point were either of these matches fun. It was just try and fail for hours and then eventually win. Many time I didn’t even get an action before 2-4 toons were dead.

Padmé to me was the worst yet. I don’t understand why there was a steep difficulty curve at 5*. Getting a 5* Padmé is only useful in arena, TW, and GA. She can’t equipment g12 gear or 6* mods, so she’s not going to be a top 10 team at 5*.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    JDIII wrote: »
    Only problem with what your saying is there isn’t a strategy for this, it’s all rng unless u paid to get newly released characters that only been available to farm for a week or so

Do you even believe what you're saying yourself?
    I mean sure, in most cases you need favourable RNG to unlock a 7* padme because people are going in with less than optimal teams, but lets not pretent that team choice, mods, kill order and general strategy don't make a difference.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Only problem with what your saying is there isn’t a strategy for this, it’s all rng unless u paid to get newly released characters that only been available to farm for a week or so

I mean sure, in most cases you need favourable RNG to unlock a 7* padme because people are going in with less than optimal teams, but lets not pretent that team choice, mods, kill order and general strategy don't make a difference.

I agree. “The entire event is RNG” argument is not a strong one. I could go in with my G7 5* Geonosians and get good RNG, but that doesn’t change the fact that my team is terrible.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    It's human nature.
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

I agree. “The entire event is RNG” argument is not a strong one. I could go in with my G7 5* Geonosians and get good RNG, but that doesn’t change the fact that my team is terrible.

No you can’t. And if you’re going to stand by that argument, I’d like to see a video. My g12 geos couldn’t get the job done until I got b2 to g11.

I’m not saying geos are a good team, but having g12 geos seems like it should be enough to get 5* Padme.

However, if you’re using hyperbole to argue the initial hyperbole...ehh ok.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

No you can’t. And if you’re going to stand by that argument, I’d like to see a video. My g12 geos couldn’t get the job done until I got b2 to g11.

I’m not saying geos are a good team, but having g12 geos seems like it should be enough to get 5* Padme.

However, if you’re using hyperbole to argue the initial hyperbole...ehh ok.

The Geos are a relatively outdated team with poor synergy. There is no reason that they should be able to win you a great character. But it seems that they can get here, according to some people here. Will it take some RNG? Yes, because they are not a stellar team.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »
    It's human nature.

This is a cop-out. Humans have the ability to be better than the internet.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I do agree with this to some degree. I do believe there is a lot of “crying” about how difficult an event is. YEAH it’s is going to be difficult it is a LEGENDARY event.
    it’s not meant to be easy. Yeah it may take some a ton of hours to complete or unlock, like any other game from Skyrim to whatever you are grinding for hours to get gear or whatever. So what is different from that?
    It took me 3 days to just 5* her. And it was the most exciting event and it felt amazing after.
    And yes I am a F2P, and I’m not even the slightest upset. Why? Because I accomplished a hard **** event, and it was worth it because it was fun and challenging. I’ll say I prefer these types of events of marquee
  • Jeddiewan
    19 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    The good thing with all this rng ****, is that it broke me. I no longer care about the next big toon. I'm just going to enjoy my guild and work on the toons I like or want. I'll get whatever I get, whenever I get it. I'm not a part of the system anymore.
  • Hálcyøn
    45 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    It's human nature.

This is a cop-out. Humans have the ability to be better than the internet.

I mean...
    Look at this discussion. There is arguing, mild insulting, so I just don’t know that this is a good example of what ur saying.
  • Hálcyøn
    45 posts Member

How can you say this? Watch any video on the c3po event, Chewbacca, and the other difficult legendaries. People use the same strategy, same mods, same gear, same ability levels, etc, and they get drastically different results each time. They get obliterated one time, without taking down a character, and the next time they win. And while geonosians aren’t a super strong team, and rng isn’t the main factor there, saying rng has very little impact isn’t that close.
  • Yeah we read the forum and it doesn't matter. That's the beauty of free speech. Everyone's not here to coddle you.
  • Presaria
    199 posts Member
    The game is, at its core, a very boring card game. There is no skill required, no true PVP, no uniqueness to any characters. So, in order to create drama and a sense of accomplishment, CG needs to create it through RNG, pre-loaded TM events, the decisions they make, and the way they treat the players. The forums then become the only remotely interesting thing about the game. Without forum drama, the game would be more boring than watching paint dry.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Presaria wrote: »
    The game is, at its core, a very boring card game. There is no skill required, no true PVP, no uniqueness to any characters. So, in order to create drama and a sense of accomplishment, CG needs to create it through RNG, pre-loaded TM events, the decisions they make, and the way they treat the players. The forums then become the only remotely interesting thing about the game. Without forum drama, the game would be more boring than watching paint dry.

Then why do most people who play not use the forum?
  • Presaria
    199 posts Member

Because there lots of people who love boring, brain dead games. It's kind of a thing all over the app store - very popular.

There are others who want fun, excitement, drama from games, so the forums fill that need.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Lol OK.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Except the two posiible strategies for this event are:
    1. Have Droideka.
    2. Have a great team, do everything right *and* pray to RNGsus to take less than 100 tries.
  • Generally no, I don't think people read first.
    They post..... "my phoenix team did only 1 damage p1 sith is broken"

someone responds and tells them about bonus protection on basic with defense down.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    1. Have Droideka.
    2. Have a great team, do everything right *and* pray to RNGsus to take less than 100 tries.

I think having an option that includes "do everything right" is hilarisch when you're trying to downplay the strategy aspect of this event.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Hálcyøn wrote: »

How can you say this? Watch any video on the c3po event, Chewbacca, and the other difficult legendaries. People use the same strategy, same mods, same gear, same ability levels, etc, and they get drastically different results each time. They get obliterated one time, without taking down a character, and the next time they win. And while geonosians aren’t a super strong team, and rng isn’t the main factor there, saying rng has very little impact isn’t that close.

RNG has very little impact on g7 geonosians, they get obliterated every time. ;p
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Hálcyøn wrote: »

RNG has very little impact on g7 geonosians, they get obliterated every time. ;p

Right.

I also never said “very little impact,” it’s just that people seem to think that RNG is the only reason they couldn’t beat it the first 20 times
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    1. Have Droideka.

I think having an option that includes "do everything right" is hilarisch when you're trying to downplay the strategy aspect of this event.

All I'm saying is that you need good RNG on top of raw power and perfect strategy. If you find that hilarious, be my guest.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    People don't want to think. They want to yell and moan and stomp their feet and get what they want, like toddlers.

People are garbage. Welcome to earth.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    People don't want to think. They want to yell and moan and stomp their feet and get what they want, like toddlers.

People are garbage. Welcome to earth.

You are my new favorite person.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    1. Have Droideka.

All I'm saying is that you need good RNG on top of raw power and perfect strategy. If you find that hilarious, be my guest.

That's not that funny at all, unlike your previous comment which i found to be hilarious.
    It's sort of a necessary evil though, if mediocre teams don't have to rely on RNG it's gonna be a cakewalk for top tier teams which wouldn't require any form of strategy.

• Presaria wrote: »

I completely disagree. While there is no skill involved in ships, modes like ga and tw are the exact opposite. They require strategy, planning ahead, and several other things. While events could be very difficult, and make you want to throw your phone at a wall, if everyone got these characters, can u think how boring arena would be? Everyone would have everything, and there would be no gratification in beating a difficult event. The other aspect of this is that cg needs their whalefood, which keeps this game going.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Because there lots of people who love boring, brain dead games. It's kind of a thing all over the app store - very popular.

There are others who want fun, excitement, drama from games, so the forums fill that need.

Oh I’m sorry, us peasant forumgoers are incapable of comprehending the ability that “brain dead” games have on the human race.

Look, this game absolutely requires skill and patience, and it has fun theme-based rewards for your accomplishments. If that’s not enough for you, go play chess. I have some friends of my own that have been lost to that realm of “pure strategy”.