Don't bother reading this lol

Prev13
Willkimm98
466 posts Member
edited March 2016
Does EA know that many of the users have an iPhone? Is android paying them to be nice to their phone users? When are the iPhone users going to get an iPhone exclusive event? Dont understand the reasoning here. Just making the iPhone users jealous and angry for not getting an event lol. I will be happy when they give us darth revan or some awesome character like him.
Post edited by Willkimm98 on

Replies

• Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Google paid for it. The iPhone player base is not 85% and the event rewards are gonna be some training droids. Don't get your panties in a wad.
  • It's part of a Google play store promotion. Google is showcasing a few games with special promos or in game content. Google probably paid EA for it. Simple business
  • Because all the Jedi were out of town
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • It's part of a Google play store promotion. Google is showcasing a few games with special promos or in game content. Google probably paid EA for it. Simple business

Thanks for letting me know in a nice way!
    Mo_liza wrote: »
    Google paid for it. The iPhone player base is not 85% and the event rewards are gonna be some training droids. Don't get your panties in a wad.

That's all i wanted to know. My panties are not in a wad and it said they could receive shards for droids so not just training droids. I also said probably 85%, just an educated guess since everyone i know has an iphone and it is the most popular phone ever created.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Willkimm98 wrote: »
    It's part of a Google play store promotion. Google is showcasing a few games with special promos or in game content. Google probably paid EA for it. Simple business

That's all i wanted to know. My panties are not in a wad and it said they could receive shards for droids so not just training droids. I also said probably 85%, just an educated guess since everyone i know has an iphone and it is the most popular phone ever created.

I'm sorry but you are wrong. IPhones only make up about 30% of total smart phones worldwide.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Because we sold our soul to the Android devil.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Because the name of the event 'Droid' is in the name of Android. Duh! ;)
  • Barrok wrote: »
    Because the name of the event 'Droid' is in the name of Android. Duh! ;)

Good one :p
  • Mo_liza wrote: »
    It's part of a Google play store promotion. Google is showcasing a few games with special promos or in game content. Google probably paid EA for it. Simple business

I'm sorry but you are wrong. IPhones only make up about 30% of total smart phones worldwide.

1. I did not say that it controlled the market. Just that it is the most popular, it may have 30% but the next competetor may only be at 20%.
    2. I gave an educated GUESS, not a statement that i said was a fact.
    3. Tell me what individual phone is more popular than the iphone
    4. Give me a source where you found this info
    5. I have found multiple sources where the iphone is the most popular smartphone in the US.
    6. Why did you have to make this into an argument? I just wanted an answer to why they get an event. Obviously you enjoy causing conflict.
  • Baggodi
    404 posts Member

iphone is the best selling *single* phone android sells way more. For comparison the Honda Accord is the best selling car in the U.S. it's certainly not the majority of cars on the road. (Although I do admit that a single platform event seems unbalanced)
  • Baggodi wrote: »

iphone is the best selling *single* phone android sells way more. For comparison the Honda Accord is the best selling car in the U.S. it's certainly not the majority of cars on the road. (Although I do admit that a single platform event seems unbalanced)

Next time i wont make any guess on percentages because i will get roasted. Thank you for explaining it nicely.
  • sid wrote: »

Thanks for proof. I have never seen the google play store, i guess my community just overwhelmingly uses iPhones. I see 4 iphones for every non iphone i see.
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    sid wrote: »

Thanks for proof. I have never seen the google play store, i guess my community just overwhelmingly uses iPhones. I see 4 iphones for every non iphone i see.

You should get out more. ;)
  • Willkimm98 wrote: »

iPhone is about 50% of sales in USA, people always quote "global" sales. Android OS can go to tons of cheap craptastic phones while iPhone only has iOS. So it's very easy for a worldwide Android to dominate phone markets when it's used by so many different phone makes and models.

And yes EA should have done something nice for iOS users. Like free 7* GG for everyone, something small like that.
  • Because apple sucks?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Murderhole wrote: »

iPhone is about 50% of sales in USA, people always quote "global" sales. Android OS can go to tons of cheap craptastic phones while iPhone only has iOS. So it's very easy for a worldwide Android to dominate phone markets when it's used by so many different phone makes and models.

And yes EA should have done something nice for iOS users. Like free 7* GG for everyone, something small like that.

Nothing to big though.
  • Because of Android I can have a cheap Chinese phone with an octa core processor and more ram than my pc had 4 years ago.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Willkimm98 wrote: »

Not everybody plays on phones. I play all my app games like this on android tablet for the bigger screen size.
  • Because there are a lot of |osers using the wannabe iOS, Android OS. I've owned both and Android is slow, laggy.
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    I play this game on an abacus. Where's my special event???
  • Why the new event is only for Android?

In this way, This game account must be able to be accessed to both OS!
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    Players who can complete the event will be rewarded with various prizes, including the chance to receive droid character Shards!
    Anyhow, it really doesn't sound all that exciting. I wouldn't be surprised if they made it a rotating event like yoda, because there's nothing else in events worth doing.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    The device can't keep up with market share. They try to compensate with weak promotions.

Or- Maybe $$$
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    And so it begins....
    YugeJazz wrote: »
    Because there are a lot of |osers using the wannabe iOS, Android OS. I've owned both and Android is slow, laggy.

And there are those that want be told and limited on how to use their phones.. iOS. And be stuck only using phones and tablets... iOS.
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    It's been proven that Android users are not as intelligent as iOS users and they need extra help.

And if android users want to prove me wrong they won't take advantage of the crutch they been handed

:wink:

Edit: obviously I'm kidding, enjoy the extra event and send some good luck to your poor Apple brothers and sister from another mother (and father)
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • scuba wrote: »
    And so it begins....
    YugeJazz wrote: »
    Because there are a lot of |osers using the wannabe iOS, Android OS. I've owned both and Android is slow, laggy.

And there are those that want be told and limited on how to use their phones.. iOS. And be stuck only using phones and tablets... iOS.

Because editing your home screen with different clocks and widgets on an Android is so much more freedom. If you like a laggy OS, Android is your guy.
  • It's been proven that Android users are not as intelligent as iOS users and they need extra help.

This is true. Well I hope all the uneducated, poor, third world people with Android OS enjoy their training bots and shards. Won't help with their food situations though.

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    It's been proven that Android users are not as intelligent as iOS users and they need extra help.

And if android users want to prove me wrong they won't take advantage of the crutch they been handed

:wink:

Hmm.... The intelligent thing in a competitive game is to use every advantage you have been given. B)
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    I used to have a Galaxy ( best phone ever!)

Have a iPhone now... And I do not like it, it doesn't work like my old Galaxy, I will never get another iPhone, especially now that Galaxy users are getting more stuff in-game than Apple users.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
This discussion has been closed.