The Overlooked Part Of The Game

SemiGod
3001 posts Member
What are your guys' plans on ships? I mean releasing 3 new ships in the past 4-6 months is nice but come on. We need more if you guys want people to enjoy ships.

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Give my sith fleet a capital ship already so we can send Falcon fleet to the bottom of the sea. yr6fw5455hu0.jpg

Malak or DR Capital would be nice.
  • Hantal86
    217 posts Member
    Options
    I’ve honestly give up all hope of seeing ships done properly. I think they’ve handcuffed themselves with pilots linked to ships which makes it harder to release iconic star fighters without wasting resources on generic toons that are ultimately the same.

We need to see a couple of capital ships (at least) and a load of options for fighters that can genuinely compete.

But I’d take anything that stops us seeing 95% of players deploying the same ships
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Hantal86 wrote: »
    I’ve honestly give up all hope of seeing ships done properly. I think they’ve handcuffed themselves with pilots linked to ships which makes it harder to release iconic star fighters without wasting resources on generic toons that are ultimately the same.

We need to see a couple of capital ships (at least) and a load of options for fighters that can genuinely compete.

But I’d take anything that stops us seeing 95% of players deploying the same ships

This. The pilot system looks good at the first glance, but is terribly restrictive after a while. It needs a major overhaul to loosen the restrictions a bit, perhaps to allow generic ships to be piloted by anyone from the appropriate faction, while iconic ships such as the Falcon keep the specific requirements. And also rework the GP calculation to be more in line with characters while they're at it, for the sake of GA.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    We need something that balances out the Falcon. Not the easy way out with something that replaces the Falcon as the one and only ships that beats it, no. We need 4 or 5 ships equivalent to the Falcon so it’s interesting strategy wise to put a fight against it.

Looking at the character arena I think CG will do the former... Soon we will get something that is an absolute counter to the Falcon and this ship will dominate for months and ships will still be labelled a boring fest.
  • DarthKoon
    449 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Hantal86 wrote: »

This. The pilot system looks good at the first glance, but is terribly restrictive after a while. It needs a major overhaul to loosen the restrictions a bit, perhaps to allow generic ships to be piloted by anyone from the appropriate faction, while iconic ships such as the Falcon keep the specific requirements. And also rework the GP calculation to be more in line with characters while they're at it, for the sake of GA.

The pilot thing would be great.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Give my sith fleet a capital ship already so we can send Falcon fleet to the bottom of the sea. yr6fw5455hu0.jpg

no

releasing as ship as a capital with characters that the majority of the game does not have access to even a year from now is probably a bad idea.

of course it's good for the TIP....so it probably will be released soon

I could handle DR...malak would ruin ships for over a year
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    CG need to step up their game and start releasing at least 3-4 ships at a time + more balanced meta. And i agree that ship crews need to be reworked in a way that allows more ships to be added. And perhaps a ship raid.

this X1000000000000000
  • Allhel1
    48 posts Member
    Options
    Ships was more fair when they initially released the mode but now just to upgrade your ships it’s like you have to pay to play. Challenges are way to difficult especially for promoting capital ships. Heck capital ships alone are ridiculous as they couldn’t even give one to each of the main factions. By now there should be a capital ship for separatist at least and possibly First Order.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    You most certainly don't need to pay to upgrade your ships.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    What are your guys' plans on ships? I mean releasing 3 new ships in the past 4-6 months is nice but come on. We need more if you guys want people to enjoy ships.

The ONLY problem I have is for a year we have been directing questions about IF they are forever going to ignore ships so i stop wasting resources on them...... I'D STILL BE SPENDING JUST NOT ON SHIPS...

It's ridiculous that crumb and carrie cannot drop in a simple..... "someday we will add ship content" or no we poop on your ships and investment in them....

I would LITERALLY accept either answer and never EVER speak on the subject again.... I don't tag them praying someday one of em will read this but sadly we know that's not gonna happen.....

They may read the forums...but no way they click through the mess that is getting to the ships forum
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    You most certainly don't need to pay to upgrade your ships.

kinda depends there....early game ship credits were not so available I remember buying ship credit packs so I could climb the ranks to get to the top (before crystals payout)

While yeah I don't spend to upgrade ships now (unless sweet ship omega pack or something) but I do pay a lot of money gearing those pilots just for ships (Bistan, SRP, SA and SM (getting ready for sith ship meta that may not happen but will help with I get DR. I payed some dough gearing CloneSgt for that never ending taunt in case GR rework comes with ship stuff.

I literally have 0 golden eyeball challenge stuff (the need 60 ones) I'm literally stuck not being able to gear almost a single toon due to the demand and ridiculous shortage (10x worse than stun guns IMO)

Who else paid to gear lando and L3 when lando's falcon was almost MANDATORY before HMF came out.

Paid on Cad Bane... oh definatly spent on gear for Genos when that was ship meta ( yeah I spend to gear ship pilots which feels INSANELY stupid considering owning ships is almost worthless in this game right now.

Due to the fact I'm completly out of everything right now (LIKE THEY WANT) I'm prob gonna have to spend to gear Gar and IMP commando because that ship is godly if empire/sith make a comeback.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Lol Lando's Falcon was nowhere near close to mandatory at any point.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

I found it an amazing HT counter late match in thrawn vs thrawn mirror matches before HMF came out.

You say "not" mandatory maybe because a ton of people don't have it maxxed...but before HMF the ship was god status coming out 3 or 4. There were matches where that ship straight up was the difference between a win or loss. (yes...those days are loooooonnngggggg gone)

Was thinking down the road tho.... Cargo/smuggler ship meta with hondo capital... depending on capital bonuses that ships would be meta again.... coming out 3/4 OHKO'ing 3 ships lol

EDIT even now I guess to a point that ship is still GOD tier coming out 3 or 4..the problem is in current meta match is OVER after 1...... I'm literally running 4 ships right now to be nice to anyone trying to climb after me.... no need for reinforce 4,5,6
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

yeah for 892 people
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    CG need to step up their game and start releasing at least 3-4 ships at a time + more balanced meta. And i agree that ship crews need to be reworked in a way that allows more ships to be added. And perhaps a ship raid.

This would add IMMENSE strategical planning for fleets... Think about it... they release 4 capital ships at once...

Even maybe the biggest whales/F2P (everyone i guess) is sitting on only enough prestige to max 1 or 2 of them...

Then you would see some diversity as people are literally going to have to decide which fleet they want to run....

Only have enough prestige for Seperatists.... well your all in on your Genos

ONly have enough prestige for hondo....all in an cargo/smugglers.

etc sith

etc resistance

etc FO

Would be a mad scramble people farming prestige out the wazoo....cuts into people credits, cuts into peoples shard shop currency... creates a shortage....shortages lead to spending...spending leads to CG being happy...maybe having enough money to give us some content.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

I found it an amazing HT counter late match in thrawn vs thrawn mirror matches before HMF came out.

You say "not" mandatory maybe because a ton of people don't have it maxxed...but before HMF the ship was god status coming out 3 or 4. There were matches where that ship straight up was the difference between a win or loss.

A ship working well and being mandatory to success are vastly different things. I took first every day despite this.

https://swgoh.gg/p/279847465/ships/landos-millennium-falcon

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

You say "not" mandatory maybe because a ton of people don't have it maxxed...but before HMF the ship was god status coming out 3 or 4. There were matches where that ship straight up was the difference between a win or loss.

A ship working well and being mandatory to success are vastly different things. I took first every day despite this.

https://swgoh.gg/p/279847465/ships/landos-millennium-falcon

On pure semantics I agree with you.... but to be fair before HT you could get first running almost any fleet. After HT You have to have "certain" fleets but lots of options. Now you have HMF or an exact combination of non HMF ships. (where pre HMF while not mandatory LMF was an "optimal 3/4 reinforcement")

either way your correct I defer there was NEVER situation that demanded Lando falcon.

I will have to switch my wording to "there is no better ship in the game to have that comes in as 4th reinforcment" and while NOT mandatory it is the 100% most optimal ship to come in as 4th reinforcement.

maybe heck for all i know could be ebon hawk lol
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Deleted