An open letter(No rant, just thoughts)

DuneSeaFarmer
3525 posts Member
edited May 2019
I could talk about changes, reworks, but that is not my intent. What is my intent is a friendly piece of unrequested advice. Age lets me give it and people smile and nod, so that is all you need do. For now.

I think the biggest problem you face is player burnout. The Hamster wheel is just getting to many of us, and many have just thrown their hands up and walked away. I know it's a business, and it's our choice to participate or not. But think of it like this. Everything you have thought of and implemented since launch, has brought you to this point. Are you happy with that? Do you think things could be a lot better? EA CEO Wilson, is realizing what used to work, no longer does, and listening to the players is becoming glaringly obvious. Well gee.. Sales 101, the customer is always right even if they are dead wrong. Why? Golden rule. The ones with the gold make the rules. :)

To keep this short, I SUGGEST your focus be on making things fun over the summer, profit will follow. Star wars anything is/was a license to print money. You should be buying planets to stack the cash up you make from this and other SW games. The game is completely salvageable, you just have to forget all you have learned, and start again. And for the love of whatever you hold most dear, if you promise something, to quote the Emperor... DO IT!!!!!!

Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    I just hope my roster carries over to GOH 2
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    For every million GP your roster has, you will be given a free crystal in the next version of the game. Try not to spend it all in one place!
  • I have tried for a long time to get our Discord to come alive. Some use it here and there but mostly quiet. I posted a discussion in our meeting hall asking how are you dealing with game burnout. And man the lines lit up. I logged after posting and came back about an hour later to over 40 replies from members I don't remember ever chatting and some that use it here and there. I freaked. Must have hit a nerve?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Sounds like you will need a new guild soon ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    Sounds like you will need a new guild soon ;)

Actually they shared what they are doing, we devised some changes. For example, our 7 day no login removal rule will be 14 over the summer. I would say 90% or so of our guild has been there for quite sometime. Sure some loose interest, but that happens. Our core, is stable it seems. Our Development guild is full also, and chugging along. 3 players had an idea.. 3 years later, here we are.. I need a nap.. lol 2 of us are founders. We use OG in our screen names in Discord lol

Guilds are like a petri dish, add stimuli and take notes. See what develops. I've run a MMO guild of over 400. Game changes killed it almost over night. Such is gaming.
  • Iceih_SWG
    301 posts Member
    ...you just have to forget all you have learned, and start again...

I think they are already in this direction, the drop rates from Apple and China and the new laws about dropboxes from USA, this things will force a new monetarization model. But instead of saving this game they are just milking it until a replacement is ready.

Keep in mind all those post about RNG, if you flip a coin 100 times and you get 50 heads in a row and later 50 tails in second a row, does this mean no cheat? in the long run you got your 50%, right? They will not be able to do this kind of things anymore, they are force to move to a different model.
  • spam filter is eating things
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Usually means you're making too many edits in too short of a time. If you PM Kyno you can get it restored.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Yup