I spent my lovely crystal stache on padme, and I am...

Replies

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Jeddiewan wrote: »
    And all of the stores are full of crap toons or toons that long time players already have. It would be nice to have new inventory in those stores at least.
    They're design decisions. Just because a design decision isn't entirely to your favor doesn't mean it's against you.
    Post edited by Kyno on
    Still not a he.
  • Rockstar
    72 posts Member
    Ok.... normally I don't like to be that guy, but come on..... a crystal stash of 4000 crystals and your forum name is Ryanwhales....?

You must change it to Ryandoesntwhale immediately.
  • Wxrlock
    55 posts Member
    LMAO .. that is a pathetic team.. and you are complaining that you couldn't unlock her? You have some unrealistic expectations.
  • Wxrlock
    55 posts Member
    Rockstar wrote: »
    Ok.... normally I don't like to be that guy, but come on..... a crystal stash of 4000 crystals and your forum name is Ryanwhales....?

You must change it to Ryandoesntwhale immediately.

You mean Ryan"wails" ... Since he comes on this forum to cry about 4k crystals which isn't much at all. I spent more than that these past two days on droideka
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Can’t even get 2 full pieces of the new gear with 4000 crystals. It’s nothing lol

Which says more about the ridiculous business practices being employed here, honestly.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Can’t even get 2 full pieces of the new gear with 4000 crystals. It’s nothing lol

Which says more about the ridiculous business practices being employed here, honestly.
    Prices are so steep. ‘‘Tis the model unfortunately:(

To Ryan- no worries you ll be more than ready when she returns.

This was like the first event where I unlocked and didn’t really bother to farm,gear, mod , try a million times to get to 6* or 7*

Too much to do with Drevan and co.
    Sep droids for dsgeotb.
    Plus the GR.

Asajj zetas are great no waste there.

What I do enjoy about threepio and padme the team reqs aren’t a waste - you need them for something or the legendary toon makes that team better(3po) even though I prefer a full Ewok squad.
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I saved 22k crystals when Jango was announced as marquee. Luckily I was top of both arenas at the time thanks to traya sith meta and thrawn Vader ship meta. Spent the entire lot to 7* him when he went to shipments...
    I don't really have a point with this comment just that it was a terrible return for investment of crystals saved but I didn't do it for that. I just did it cause I love Jango FETT
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    i do not. i have yoda, r2 or Aayla as the 5th and they cant even crack any member of a Treya team

Did your team hit g10 average yet? Or is Padme still g8 with only 1 zeta?

P.S. Traya
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Went from 30,000 saved crystals from squad and arena payouts down to 9,000 for 7* Padme and her first two levels of whale gear pieces (3 total gear levels require these). If you were disappointed, just wait until you hit her second paywall. It would be nice if they limited the paywalls on new characters to either gearing old, non-meta toons to complete the event or the new whale gear for the character.

81086890.jpg
  • Although 4000 crystals doesn't seem like a lot, I directly relate it to real world cost. I live in Japan, so that would cost me 4000 yen roughly. Which is roughly $40. $40 is ALOT. $40 for almost nothing is absurd. $40 can buy you a new game. $40 can buy you a lot of used games.

So ya, I feel your pain. I only used 3000 crystals that were earned in game. I'm glad I didn't spend any money. After seeing posts where people had spent hundreds of dollars to unlock her. Absolutely absurd.

I really hope that new bill in the US gets passed. It's going to try to stop microstransactions in games.
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    It's not a complete waste bro, you can be ready next time it rolls around.

I feel for ya though. Unfortunately hiatumus is right (though his comment lacked any clarity at all).

The guys that hoard for these events f2p are mostly finishing high rank in arena (usually both arenas). They are hoarding about 20-40k crystals. It's a lot, i know, but this is what it usually takes for these types of events.

Your best bet is to focus on a proven meta team that is going help you place higher in arena before chasing the shiney new metas. Rank 1 certainly won't come over night, you need to slowly claw your way up the ranks. It takes time and focus, but it can be done.
  • @CosmicJ you are right. It's not a complete waste. You CAN get her the next time around. But shouldn't $40 get you more than a few pieces of gear? $40 should get you a new character.

This games "DLC" (new characters) is becoming worse than those train simulators on Steam. The one simulator has I think over $8000 in DLC.

On average what does it cost to get a new character in this game? Free if you wait, I know. But I'm talking of you want it now. Hundreds of dollars? Now times that by however many characters (and ships) we have in this game. 210? 220? Absurd if you add it up.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Ironicstan wrote: »
    @CosmicJ you are right. It's not a complete waste. You CAN get her the next time around. But shouldn't $40 get you more than a few pieces of gear? $40 should get you a new character.

This games "DLC" (new characters) is becoming worse than those train simulators on Steam. The one simulator has I think over $8000 in DLC.

On average what does it cost to get a new character in this game? Free if you wait, I know. But I'm talking of you want it now. Hundreds of dollars? Now times that by however many characters (and ships) we have in this game. 210? 220? Absurd if you add it up.

You can't count all the characters as equal, though. If you count only the ones where getting them outright is substantially better than waiting it out, the price tag is... still absurd.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Although 4000 crystals doesn't seem like a lot, I directly relate it to real world cost. I live in Japan, so that would cost me 4000 yen roughly. Which is roughly $40. $40 is ALOT. $40 for almost nothing is absurd. $40 can buy you a new game. $40 can buy you a lot of used games.

So ya, I feel your pain. I only used 3000 crystals that were earned in game. I'm glad I didn't spend any money. After seeing posts where people had spent hundreds of dollars to unlock her. Absolutely absurd.

I really hope that new bill in the US gets passed. It's going to try to stop microstransactions in games.
    If a bill is passed to prevent the current revenue model in the game, you can expect the paywalls to be more absurd than they currently are
  • @Nauros correct. Not all characters are equal. However looking at my shipment store. All the shards being sold for crystals cost 80 crystals per shard. If I wanted to buy them outright (not including refreshes and excluding the current crystal sale), it would cost me roughly 28,800円。

There was an outcry when BF2 launched and EA changed pace. This game is way more expensive. Where is the outcry? The director(that's her duty right?) publicly said she wants people to spend $4-5000 a year on this game. What? Just what?
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Although 4000 crystals doesn't seem like a lot, I directly relate it to real world cost. I live in Japan, so that would cost me 4000 yen roughly. Which is roughly $40. $40 is ALOT. $40 for almost nothing is absurd. $40 can buy you a new game. $40 can buy you a lot of used games.

I earn roughly $10 a day in crystals from arenas and dailies. I'm taking CG to the cleaners!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

I earn roughly $10 a day in crystals from arenas and dailies. I'm taking CG to the cleaners!
    I get the sarcasm but that just shows how out of wack the pricing is in this game that they are willing to let 24 people in each shard a day receive stuff that they sell for $10
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

I get the sarcasm but that just shows how out of wack the pricing is in this game that they are willing to let 24 people in each shard a day receive stuff that they sell for $10

But you can spend zero dollars if you want.
  • Q

But you can spend zero dollars if you want.

I never said you couldn't. No need to come to CGs defense when I didn't say anything bad about them.... They're a company that knows that people will bend over for their content, of course they'll utilize that type of personality to line their pocket books
  • The STACHE!
  • qd532tfw7dc0.jpeg
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    @Nauros correct. Not all characters are equal. However looking at my shipment store. All the shards being sold for crystals cost 80 crystals per shard.

....did you scroll down to the bottom? The characters down there cost 50 per shard.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    That the premium currency is gained fast enough to be a relevant normal resource for free players is part of what makes this game one of the fairest to F2P I've ever seen.
    Still not a he.
  • ld2da2x3g05t.png
    Took tier 6 with this team
  • Ultra wrote: »
    If a bill is passed to prevent the current revenue model in the game, you can expect the paywalls to be more absurd than they currently are

If the bill gets passed then that would just mean the publisher would make any new characters or game modes DLC's you would have to pay for. I don't really think this is a bad idea. I remember back when I was a kid on PS1 and PS2, you bought a game, you played it, you never paid anything beyond the 20-40 dollars for the game.

Today, almost all games, console and mobile have micro transactions. If the bill does get passed, I would expect either the DLC route, the game to shut down because there is no more revenue to be had from working on it or for them to add in a lot of ads to get ad revenue. Its sad to think that this is where the industry has gone. but not much we can do at this point. Some countries have already banned micro transactions and loot boxes, so I feel like this has a high probability of becoming reality.

• Ironicstan wrote: »
    @Nauros correct. Not all characters are equal. However looking at my shipment store. All the shards being sold for crystals cost 80 crystals per shard. If I wanted to buy them outright (not including refreshes and excluding the current crystal sale), it would cost me roughly 28,800円。

There was an outcry when BF2 launched and EA changed pace. This game is way more expensive. Where is the outcry? The director(that's her duty right?) publicly said she wants people to spend $4-5000 a year on this game. What? Just what?

That is NOT what she said.
  • Nurgle
    252 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Ryanwhales wrote: »
    But I’m not sure what made you think a g10 Ventress would beat T5.
    Probably it was the g10 recommendation that CG put on that tier.
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Nurgle wrote: »
    Ryanwhales wrote: »
    But I’m not sure what made you think a g10 Ventress would beat T5.
    Probably it was the g10 recommendation that CG put on that tier.

Anyone who's been around for any length of time should already know those recommendations are worthless.