B1 Battle Droid Node

Ninjah9
906 posts Member
So now that the panic farm/spending is over, can we please put B1 on a more manageable node? 5 attempts on a fleet hard node is just utterly insane, not to mention this is not a major unit, and who additionally requires a zeta to be viable...

Replies

• TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Easy answer, no. Next thread.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    B1's good. The GG droids team is good. And 5 attempts on a fleet node is exactly as many attempts as on a standard energy node.
    Still not a he.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

...Wow
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    B1's good. The GG droids team is good. And 5 attempts on a fleet node is exactly as many attempts as on a standard energy node.

Yes same amount of attempts at twice the price...
  • Options
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Lore wise b1 isn’t a major unit however he is a major unit when it comes to a separatist droids team and the zeta greatly improves how long he stays alive, the healing done, and damage done. Little misinformed there

This. 50 extra stacks. The zeta makes him better, the team better. Can’t say the same for the stormtrooper zeta :(

I think the one zeta you don’t really need on that sep droid team is guard.
  • Options
    Single FLEET hard node farms is too much if you ask me. Fleet nodes should be changed back to 8attempts at least
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Ninjah9 wrote: »

...Wow

Why waste the time to ask for something they will never do?
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    @Shaddes WHAT??? I’m guessing you’ve never watched the Clone Wars series, B1 Droid was in every single episode just about.

Roger roger!
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    Options
    B1 may be part of a decent GA team, but he's no Nest. Now that we know he's actually bad in the legendary requiring Seps, there's no extra incentive to farm him (unlike Carth).

If you already have Nest and Carth, it makes sense to farm B1. Unless you want to do the ships like Anakin's or Sith Fighter instead (I know they aren't meta, but my guild needs them for platoons and I don't need B1).
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    That is a very dubious statement.

You can farm B1 only using free energy, which is paying the same price as any standard node. Zero crystals.

If you want to farm faster, we get 165 free fleet energy a day so seven days out of ten, you can spend 25 crystals on a node refresh which is the same as a standard node.

If you want to buy energy refreshes for fleet energy, those specifically cost more, but you're still buying node refreshes at the same price, so you're talking along the lines of 125 for one node refresh and one fleet energy refresh or 175 for two node refreshes and one fleet energy refresh, vice 75/125 for standard, which is not double.
    We might get an another assault battle or similar event that has them in the mix.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    We might get an another assault battle or similar event that has them in the mix.

I'd be shocked if it was any time soon. They put things on the fleet table to make them the most difficult farms in the game.
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    Options
    I'd be shocked if it was any time soon. They put things on the fleet table to make them the most difficult farms in the game.

It's not without precedent. Nest landed in the bounty event. Although that was quite a while after getting her node (6 months maybe?).

Speaking of which, they should add the sith ships to the Secrets and Shadows assault battle. There were so few sith ships when that event was created, they put in Kylo's CS and FOTie. They really should put in Sith Fighter and Bomber, perhaps Palp's shuttle too.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    They put things on fleet table because it's a new table that has to be populated.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    That doesn't invalidate my statement.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    Agree with @TVF. If they wanted to populate the ships table they would have put most of the recent releases there, but they didn't. Most went to hard nodes which already had characters on them, rearranging everything in the process.

They're very selective of who they put on ships. Double the refresh of regular energy, which basically negates most FTP (**NOT ALL) players from refreshing ships energy for only one more set of sims per day. Why do 100/5 when you can get 50/5 on regular energy where there's much more to farm?

I can't remember the last time I refreshed ship energy with crystals. Can't be bothered.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Lore wise b1 isn’t a major unit however he is a major unit when it comes to a separatist droids team and the zeta greatly improves how long he stays alive, the healing done, and damage done. Little misinformed there

Yes, and NS zombie is a major unit too. She doesn't have a zeta...
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options

...Wow

Because I'm an American, I dont put up with ****, and I say what I need to say.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    That is a very dubious statement.

You can farm B1 only using free energy, which is paying the same price as any standard node. Zero crystals.

If you want to farm faster, we get 165 free fleet energy a day so seven days out of ten, you can spend 25 crystals on a node refresh which is the same as a standard node.

If you want to buy energy refreshes for fleet energy, those specifically cost more, but you're still buying node refreshes at the same price, so you're talking along the lines of 125 for one node refresh and one fleet energy refresh or 175 for two node refreshes and one fleet energy refresh, vice 75/125 for standard, which is not double.

Actually it's not "dubious" at all. Like you vaguely stated yourself fleet energy "cost more", yes they actually cost twice as much as regular energy. And "twice as much" means double.... smh

And sure you could just farm him the way you reccomended with free energy, and with horrendous drop rates you can maybe get the chance to get him to 7 star before next Easter. Then probably wait another year after catching up with all the new meta zeta abilities, to zeta b-1; and actually be able to viably use him. And that's only IF you only focus on him, completely ignoring any, and all new more important characters are relegated to the nightmare that is fleet node farming. Have fun 👍
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Actually it's not "dubious" at all. Like you vaguely stated yourself fleet energy "cost more", yes they actually cost twice as much as regular energy. And "twice as much" means double.... smh

And sure you could just farm him the way you reccomended with free energy, and with horrendous drop rates you can maybe get the chance to get him to 7 star before next Easter. Then probably wait another year after catching up with all the new meta zeta abilities, to zeta b-1; and actually be able to viably use him. And that's only IF you only focus on him, completely ignoring any, and all new more important characters are relegated to the nightmare that is fleet node farming. Have fun 👍
    Again, the price of energy refreshes is double. The price of farming is not, as there are so many farming configurations, most of which are not double price. So yes. "Dubious." And by "dubious," I mean "false." It does not cost twice as much to farm fleet nodes. There is a related mechanic that costs twice as much. These are not the same thing.

Now then.

My post was not a suggestion. It was math. My suggestion is to do your five sims on one unit, do the other 3.5 on another in parallel, and be patient. So you're already wrong on the focus point.

The drop rate for shards remains 1/3, same as all the other hard nodes, so you're wrong on your timeframe. Doing free energy, free attempts, it is exactly the same speed as any other hard node farm.

Zetas are at your own discretion, in whichever order you please, and the popular choices are not the only viable choices. And as more content comes to the game, the old sequences break down. I have a zeta on Holdo and Rose, but none on CLS or Palpatine, because I chose to run JTR through Nightmare meta while CLS and Palpatine have really only been possible future TW/GA teams for me. You are not beholden to a sequence, and B1 is gonna get that zeta before Luke for me unless something comes out to change the calculus. You are not compelled down a stock sequence, and the sequence people choose will change as new content comes out.
    Still not a he.
  • Tygra
    123 posts Member
    Options
    Actually, if you factor in the cost of energy refreshes, plus the energy required to farm the toons (stage 1 nodes cost 16 energy which is equal to the highest cantina stages and stages 2-5 cost 20 energy), characters on fleet nodes cost more than anything else to farm.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Tygra wrote: »
    Actually, if you factor in the cost of energy refreshes, plus the energy required to farm the toons (stage 1 nodes cost 16 energy which is equal to the highest cantina stages and stages 2-5 cost 20 energy), characters on fleet nodes cost more than anything else to farm.
    But not double, or even close by most sensible spending models. Which is my point.
    Still not a he.
  • Options

...Wow

Because I'm an American, I dont put up with ****, and I say what I need to say.

What
    ROFLMAO
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Ladislav
    114 posts Member
    Options
    I'm farming Nest and there is zero difference for FTP compared to farming characters like Bossk. It takes about 5-6 months to get her. B1 will be same and if I decide to spent crystals on ship energy, it will not be to speed single toon but to do 2 toons in parallel.

I don't see a problem of placing him in Fleet nodes. I would challenge placing him in the last tier since that limits him only to players who already have strong fleet to open that node on 3* for easy farming. I assume that players who don't primarily target ships will need to be on 2.5M+ GP to even be able to start farming him. Since there is no other separatist droid to even temporarily replace him in GG team, that makes separatists droid team one of the hardest to built.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Ladislav wrote: »
    I'm farming Nest and there is zero difference for FTP compared to farming characters like Bossk.

This is only true if you aren't doing node refreshes.