I have a real issue with these 2 gear pieces never dropping for me, and i mean never!

Replies

• TheEvo
    13 posts Member
    To people defending low drop rates and RNG:

Anthem.

Thank you for your attention.
  • Turvantus
    223 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I’ve been top 10 in a Sith Raid for a very very long time. I’ve acquired enough ingredients to make exactly three MK12 Furnaces (no left over parts). By far the rarest piece for me in terms of g12+. Interestingly enough, I’ve acquired only three fully crafted g12+ pieces after looking at all my screenshots. Mostly just ingredients for the least useful pieces. Such as Tactical Data, Wrist Bands, and Cybernetics. All of which are basic g12 pieces.

Edit: As with most things, it’s all according to plan. Drop rates on items are strategically designed to be bountiful for least useful and scarce for most useful.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    JDIII wrote: »
    @Liath and this is the 5th:cehjcnsiow7t.png

For whatever particular character you are looking at, sure. For other characters that furnace piece could be in the “4th spot.” See, e.g., BB8. The distinction is meaningless.
  • Manumicio
    291 posts Member
    I got some Furnace pieces in todays Raid rewards (finished 4th), but i guess it's pure luck.

I agree and understand this might be a very frustrating "dropping behaviour", but i also understand this is part of the game, if you want to progress faster -> spend money/cristals to get specific pieces, if not you'll have to accept it.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • @JDIII What ranks are you regularly achieving in HSTR and how many is "every HSTR"? HSTR has been around for about 14 months. Many guilds have been completing it for close to a year. If you do the math, that's between 90 and 100 HSTRs for an active guild.

I was fortunate to be in a guild where I was regularly top 3 (the prize box is the same for 1-3, then again the same for 4-10). That lasted for about 8 months before I switched to a more TW focused guild (also with a lot of big rosters, great mods, and people who love to raid) and I haven't been able to crack the top 10 yet.

The reward differences are astounding, but even with the bountiful rewards of finishing top 3 in HSTR for close to eight months, it took me probably three months to finish Bastila's last piece (the tablet from your screen shot above).

Then again, took me six months to get Wedge's MK X hololens from the Pit raid. CLS had come out and made him irrelevant by the time it finally appeared for me. That was before the weekly whale store or the inclusion of gear in the guild shop. And the ability to farm these pieces from the fleet table (and now standard G12 pieces from regular energy nodes).

If you are truly dedicated to finishing these pieces, you can save crystals and use them. I feel your pain. It's incredibly frustrating to wait and wait and wait and not get the piece you need raid after raid.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    One player that made remarks about the OP has over 5 characters maxed!!! Yeah over 5! He don’t want it to get balanced because it will effect him (greedy)

I'm not sure who this is in reference to, but drop rates don't care about anyone's opinion here. They are what they are.

Your focus on not having a maxed toon continues to baffle me. I'm sure if you wanted to you could find someone you could max.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    I've noticed those drop more if you are out of the top 10.

That's not a reliable strategy.
  • Turvantus
    223 posts Member
    Yeah, I wouldn’t drop out of top 10 if you can help it. It’s still going to be your best bet regardless of poor luck.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    I'm never outside top 3, and top 1 90% of the time. Maybe that's your problem.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I can’t max Revan and he is one of the top 2 characters being used. I go through my arena and almost everyone has him maxed. Yeah I can max out a character like Asaj (example) but how the heck is that gonna help me in my arena. If a player can’t max any of their arena squad, and most others can, it effects them greatly because every piece counts in arena! *update* nope just went through my inventory, and nope, can’t even max a character like Asaj. I also noticed that most players that have been on as long as me, and play in every event, have @40 gear 12 characters, I have only @15....yep something is definitely off here

People having 40 g12 characters to your 15 has nothing whatsoever to do with the drop rates of g12+ pieces. That’s an entirely different issue with your play style or decision making.
  • Calbion
    140 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I’ve managed to make 6 of them from HSith rewards, I never buy G12+ parts from stores. Wouldn’t complain if more dropped though as I find it one of the most valuable G12+ items.

The big crunch for me is the Mk6 medpacks...
  • Turvantus
    223 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

You’re also #1 GP of your guild. Additionally, even if mistakes were made in the early stages, they are ‘usually’ of less consequence at that GP level. Humble yourself and realize not everyone is at that stage.

However, on the other side of the spectrum; I’ve been near the bottom half of GP in the guild and regularly get top 5~10 with just three teams (not using Deathstorm either) for nearly as long as the raids conception. That’s a mere matter of participation. People get burnt out I suppose.

Despite that, I still only have my JKR squad and Ackbar fully g12/+. Some people get lucky, and some people are not so much. I consider myself somewhat in between. Especially with mods. Mighty RNG is well determined on keeping me as mediocre as possible, regardless of the amount of effort I put forth into them.

RNG is RNG. I sympathize towards those whom fall victim to it for extreme periods of time. It’s an element that we can’t control. Which is what can make it so frustrating. Those on the other side of the spectrum; I congratulate you for your success but try to remain humble about it.

• TVF
    36578 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Turvantus wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

You’re also #1 GP of your guild. Additionally, even if mistakes were made in the early stages, they are ‘usually’ of less consequence at that GP level. Humble yourself and realize not everyone is at that stage.

However, on the other side of the spectrum; I’ve been near the bottom half of GP in the guild and regularly get top 5~10 with just three teams (not using Deathstorm either) for nearly as long as the raids conception. That’s a mere matter of participation. People get burnt out I suppose.

Despite that, I still only have my JKR squad and Ackbar fully g12/+. Some people get lucky, and some people are not so much. I consider myself somewhat in between. Especially with mods. Mighty RNG is well determined on keeping me as mediocre as possible, regardless of the amount of effort I put forth into them.

RNG is RNG. I sympathize towards those whom fall victim to it for extreme periods of time. It’s an element that we can’t control. Which is what can make it so frustrating. Those on the other side of the spectrum; I congratulate you for your success but try to remain humble about it.

I don't mean it's a problem in a "git gud" way. I'm saying it's a problem in that you have a better chance the more you finish first and/or top 3. In other words, maybe that's why they're having such crummy drop luck.

Also I'm #2 GP. #1 isn't on gg ;)
  • Ghost_Goh
    152 posts Member
    I've been patiently (NOT) waiting for 2 pieces of G12+ salvage gear to drop in HSTR for over 2 months now. For more than 2 months, I've been sitting on 45/50 MK12 ArmaTek Data Pad Prototype Salvage pieces and 16/20 (technically 36/40) MK12 Czerka Shield Generator Prototype Salvage pieces. I finish every HSTR in top 10 and still NOTHING. Apparently HSTR is the ONLY way to get these pieces. But I will be honest, I'm getting rather sick of it.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Given millions of players, some players will experience situations which appear to be (and are) statistically unlikely. However, the size of the population means it will happen to some.

Just like winning the lottery is improbable, but it happens occasionally because enough people buy tickets. No conspiracy. Just bad luck for you.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    4ddm8u78u5w8.jpeg
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Not for me, I'm way at the other end, and only because CG likes me.
  • Just wanted to share, finished 5th in the actual HSR and got the whole full piece delivered of the Mk 12 Armatek Fusion Furnace, had only to equip it ;-)

So it happens! just not often...
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • JDIII wrote: »
    @Manumicio But was that your 1st piece in over 6 months of Sith Raids, that’s the issue

It will be I’ve had one piece of gear 12 plus and we’ve been farming it since like a month after it came out **** the salvage doesn’t even drop Nevermind a full piece.
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I 100% agree with OP post.
    They should at least make that **** buyable. And NO where has it even been buyable for crystals lately either.
    For weeks.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Are you tagging someone named "8"?

Luckily you can now buy whatever you need with shard shop currency, farm from fleet, or buy for less crystals than before. CG listened!