Is Vader Zeta Worth it over EP Lead?

liamx27
60 posts Member
Someone brought this up on my other post;
I'm getting my first zeta soon (As soon as I get 2 more omega mats)
I was going to go with EP lead, but what about Zader?
I'm not sure how useful he is in arena, but It's a very easy way to place high in Rancor, and that would help me heavily with gear, Han shards, etc.

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    liamx27 wrote: »
    Someone brought this up on my other post;
    I'm getting my first zeta soon (As soon as I get 2 more omega mats)
    I was going to go with EP lead, but what about Zader?
    I'm not sure how useful he is in arena, but It's a very easy way to place high in Rancor, and that would help me heavily with gear, Han shards, etc.

My first rancor solo team was vader no zeta tarkin tfp magma thrawn. It was manual and it took almost 45 minutes but it got the job done.

Soloing the pit is relatively easy I wouldn't waste a zeta on it. If you can't do it now ask yourself when you will pick up cls that's the easy mode.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Zader lead is very useful for certain raid teams and not particularly great otherwise. Undispellable dots are neat, but the massive TM gains from EP lead will probably be better in most situations.

Raidwise, soloing Rancor is extremely easy, and there are other ways of soloing HAAT that don't require taking a niche zeta that you won't really use anywhere else.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Halmirus
    51 posts Member
    Ep lead will be better overall. Though I would suggest getting zbast soon so you can blitz through that meta in your shard
  • liamx27
    60 posts Member
    Halmirus wrote: »
    Ep lead will be better overall. Though I would suggest getting zbast soon so you can blitz through that meta in your shard
    I don't have bastila, soooo....
  • Halmirus wrote: »

Yeah, there are some other toons you could be getting right now that would be wiser than dropping a zeta on empire. EP does have a ship now...
  • EP lead will help you get more crystals from arena and boost all aspects of the game, not just han shards. Start collecting characters needed for cls to solo rancor easily.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Zader lead is outdated and waaaay inferior to zPalp lead when it comes down to pvp and pve (outside of raids) purposes. He used to be great in HAAT solo teams but now that we got C3PO it can also be easily done by a JTR squad. Rancor is so easy to solo (just CLS = gg) that you shouldn't invest any zetas just for that.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • liamx27
    60 posts Member
    Everyone keeps mentioning that CLS is an easy Rancor win...
    People, I don’t have CLS! I’m level 82 with a Phoenix team and Empire, Thats all I’ve got
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    People, I don’t have CLS! I’m level 82 with a Phoenix team and Empire, Thats all I’ve got

Any team with a lot of turn meter reduction will work. Put in a character that inflicts tenacity down (Tie Pilot, Krennic, Kylo Ren unmasked, HK47, ...), use Teebo lead and fill up with characters that can reduce turn meter (Ewok scout, Logray, Jyn, Rex, First Order Officer, Han Solo, Nightsister Spirit, QGJ, Tusken Raider, ...).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • If pit is you main source of income/gear right now, might be worth it.. how many in your guild solo pit? .. would it mean a top three finish every time? Do u use his ship right now? ...
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member

The takeaway is that the raid can be solo'd very easily, in the case of CLS with a single character. It's not worth taking a zeta that you'll pretty much only use for that purpose when so many other options are available.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »

The takeaway is that the raid can be solo'd very easily, in the case of CLS with a single character. It's not worth taking a zeta that you'll pretty much only use for that purpose when so many other options are available.

This. Vader's zeta is outdated, and the only area of the game where it's still very effective is no longer relevant because other characters can achieve similar results.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    No.

^^
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I started last May and went Phoenix, Empire, NS, to JKR. I have no regrets on the EP lead as my my first zeta, kind of regret the second zeta on him.

I recommend getting the EP leadership zeta to hold you over in arena until you have either NS or a Jedi arena team functional.

Also ignore the people telling you to rush CLS, the characters it needs to shine in PVP are harder to get than CLS is.
  • I started last May and went Phoenix, Empire, NS, to JKR. I have no regrets on the EP lead as my my first zeta, kind of regret the second zeta on him.

I recommend getting the EP leadership zeta to hold you over in arena until you have either NS or a Jedi arena team functional.

Also ignore the people telling you to rush CLS, the characters it needs to shine in PVP are harder to get than CLS is.

Good points all around. Palpatine lead is great for everything except raids. Vader lead is only good for raids, and you need other characters to make it worthwhile.

Commander Luke is a great character in every area of the game, but to run him in the top of arena, you’ll need a team of legendary characters: R2D2, C-3PO, Han Solo (from the rancor raid), & Chewbacca. And to get them, you’ll need 2 completely separate teams (Bounty hunters & Ewoks) geared pretty high.
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    Used to be, so was QGJ. Now is way, way down the list.
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Palp is definitely the way to go as far as general usefulness goes, but zVader lead is still quite good all things considered. It's great in pve, a great counter to certain tough unorthodox defensive teams in GA/TW, and his ship, which will benefit greatly from a zeta upgrade, is one of the best ships in the game. zVader lead also makes the last mythic tier of emperor's demise a cakewalk if you have an otherwise underpowered squad. zVader might even be viable in his arena shard if he's lvl 82. If you feel Vader makes more sense right now then I say go for it. Just don't forget to farm zeta mats religiously and do Palp lead next, because you really will need his zeta. And Palp really is a superstar when it comes to pvp, he's perhaps the most versatile hard counter other than the new shiny Revans.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    I still don't have Palp lead zeta. It's constantly getting bumped down my "to-do" list. Vader's does just about anything I need an Empire/Sith lead to do when I need to use them. His is fun in TB because in the later phases the rebels will constantly waste turns because his un-dispellable DoTs will cause them to constantly try to cleanse. Then they'll have 9-12 on them and die on their own.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I still don't have Palp lead zeta. It's constantly getting bumped down my "to-do" list.

Same, in fact I have nearly 50 and it's nowhere to be seen on my to-do list anymore.

I mostly use EP to unlock IPD's boom. ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I still don't have Palp lead zeta. It's constantly getting bumped down my "to-do" list.

Same, in fact I have nearly 50 and it's nowhere to be seen on my to-do list anymore.

Lol by not zetaing Palps lead you\re missing out on one of the absolute best characters in the game. Why not I guess.
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    Think long term. You'd regret wasting a zeta on Vader at this point. Palp is great for all of the PVP content out there. Still very useful at end game.
  • Drazz127 wrote: »
    Think long term. You'd regret wasting a zeta on Vader at this point. Palp is great for all of the PVP content out there. Still very useful at end game.

Maybe.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Lol by not zetaing Palps lead you\re missing out on one of the absolute best characters in the game. Why not I guess.

Lol you can check out my roster if you like. First in both arenas. First in Sith raid. Usually get in the top two or three in attack banners in TW (including 19 with my EP IPD team). Win almost every GA. Clear all TB waves.

With all that, how would a zeta Palp make a lick of difference to me?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH