Is it possible to do Traya with a semi-casual guild?

Prev1
My guild is about 120m GP. I'd say we have 30-40 very active players (log in multiple times a day), but rosters are not perfectly built for HSTR.

Some new members who have left more intense guilds are saying that we need to spreadsheet it out: record everyone's squads and assign people+squads to specific phases etc... This is way more work and commitment than our guild wants. It requires individuals to log in for very specific, short windows of the 2 day time limit, and puts pressure on them to hit certain % damage marks. It goes against the "semi-casual" philosophy I hope to maintain for this guild.

So the question is: Does maintaining a semi-casual environment preclude us from farming HSTR?

Replies

• Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Depends what you mean by semi casual really. All you need is a handful of ppl willing to invest in new and older meta teams. Jtr, cls, revan, ns, etc and they will be capable of completing it with some effort.
    Just do some research into the teams that are most effective, and actually build those teams.
  • Yes, Unless you have people who are head and shoulders above the rest of the guild in terms of commitment that are willing to carry their way through the raid (especially P3) with RNG and resets... You won't be strong enough to just brute force your way through.

There's a reason why people hate the sith raid so much, it kills guilds.
  • Short answer... Yes.

Long answer, you'll need specific teams, and lots of them for each phase.
    1) JTR
    2) Jedi Knight Revan
    3) Chex team, Darth Revan, Padme, Aurra Bounty hunters
    4)Nightsisters
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Some of the new characters have made it trivial. We're 113M GP and have our first few 7* Trayas recently. Just keep hitting T6 until you can knock it down in under 48 hours then try T7.

No need to break out the spreadsheets. We did use DST Bot to help show people which teams work best though. Especially helpful for P3.
  • Depends on what squads you have.
    A decent jrt team does 8 millions or more than 10%
    A decent jkr team does about 10% of p2
    P3 maybe 2 or 3 teams do 2% or 3% each
    P4 a decent nightsister can do 10% of dn phase
    And the rest of p4 can be done by swarm

This means 10 guyd do phase 1. 10 guys phase 2. P3 everyone pitches in. 10 guys cover dn and then everyone finishes it.

It is doable....better with planning...

I would open one and have everyone take a shot at p1....that will tell you where you stand.
    If u make it to p2 theb the same.....

But if people dont log in for 2 days....or are not willing to do their part........not gonna happen

Que la Fuerza os acompañe!

Kakaka

Telegram @Kakakawakaka
    https://swgoh.gg/u/kakakawakaka/
    Código aliado 192-195-873
    https://swgoh.gg/g/516/global-elite-games/
  • Leave us your guilds swgoh.gg link and maybe we can take a look

Kakaka

Telegram @Kakakawakaka
  • @BryantBub the last sentence of your post is answered very differently that the question in your topic. Makes it a lil difficult to figure out how folks are answering your question(s).
    Most responses seem to think your guild can do it, and I agree. There's some good advice here. At some point you just have to try and see where you stand as a guild. If you fail, you'll know where to focus.
    Our first attempt was with a few folks from another guild who where there as insurance in case we ran out of firepower. It's not to terribly hard to find mercs to help out.
    Good luck to you!
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Yeah it is possible. My 126M guild started doing it last month, you dont need, crazy, people who live for gaming but you do need lots of specific teams for each phase.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    We did it at 110m. You just need the right teams, as others have said.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    It's worth trying.

Hsith is much much easier than it used to be. Only you can tell me if your guild has the dedication or the teams to do it.

Given that your guild is semi casual I would assume that most people won't play the rng game and that some people will miss phases.

At the end of the day and at its most simple (assuming very high quality teams) 5 jtr teams can do phase 1, 5 revan can do phase 2, 4 jtr teams can do phase 3 (or one cls/c3po) and one night sister team can do phase 4 then there's a lot more in the tank for kitchen sink the rest of the raid.

Yes as rookies your people won't get that and as semi casual your people won't play the rng but the raid is very doable compared the old days so give it a try assess where you are and ask your people to improve mods on teams that need help and try again.
  • Ok admittedly, we have tried HSTR maybe twice ever. And I don't think we ever made it to phase 3. It takes far longer than 48 hours to beat t6 STR these days -- but this is because a lot of us are purposely restricting our contributions to gauge our HSTR readiness (we'll use unique teams for each phase, for example). I'd say we're sitting around 4 days to do t6 STR but could definitely do it in 2...

here's the group. we don't require members to have swgoh.gg accounts.

https://swgoh.gg/g/9152/siths-giggles/

The last 4 months have been rough ... as was alluded to earlier, some folks got seriously disappointed by our first attempt and left the guild or rage quit. I had no idea HSTR is a guild killer until you mentioned it above... but yes, we were/are at risk of joining that statistic.

I'm very close to suggesting we just keep plugging at HSTR every week until it's down ...
  • Don’t plug at hstr once a week, Nothing will shatter teamplay faster then not beating it every time you start a raid, plan to tackle it once a month, and work in between attempts to improve squads and get further thru.

Do a hstr run now, see how far you go and where you can improve, take a couple weeks, 2-3 min. Develop squads and tweak mods, try again, compare results. Repeat. That keeps it a goal versus a constant kick in the teeth loss .
  • You can but very difficult...you can wreck HSR with JKR, DR, and a few other teams...you need about 10 great players
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Of course you can do it without micro managing everything. However, you can't do it without having the appropriate teams to complete each phase and a certain amount of insight into the mechanics of each phase and when to use which team. There's really only one way to find out how far you are from achieving your goal: Have a go at it. F.ex. make every 5th raid a heroic raid. You may fail a couple of times, but the lessons learned will be invaluable.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    BryantBub wrote: »
    here's the group. we don't require members to have swgoh.gg accounts.

https://swgoh.gg/g/9152/siths-giggles/

The last 4 months have been rough ... as was alluded to earlier, some folks got seriously disappointed by our first attempt and left the guild or rage quit. I had no idea HSTR is a guild killer until you mentioned it above... but yes, we were/are at risk of joining that statistic.

When attempting heroic tier, your members of course need to be prepared for what level of participation and commitment to expect.

Checking your link I saw:

13 g12 JTRs among your 17 profiles. If you have the 13 teams to go with her, you should be able to make it through phase 1. Each team should be able to do 5-10% of p1.

7 JKRs. 5 of them at g12. A JKR team can quite easily do 10% of p2. Add to that your Bastilla leas jedi teams, which can easily do 5% or more each of p2. That should get you through phase 2.

Looking at your amount of 7* death troopers, Paos, 3P0s and Padmes it looks like you might be short for phase 3 - unless you have far more than seen on swgoh.gg. Yout guild members might want to check the various teams that work well in p3 to prepare for it. There's quite a big difference between p3 on tier 6 and heroic. Many teams, that do ok on tier 6 are garbage on heroic, and some of the teams that work well on heroic (f.ex. chexmix and deathstorm) are not easy to make work on tier 6. Prepare for a surprise and for practicing.

In phase 4 3 good and well-played NS teams can kill Nihilus. Killing Sion requires more. Leftover jedi teams do ok on Sion as well.

• j0nny
    21 posts Member
    short and sweet yes.

you just need to get people to farm the right squads.

p1 JTR
    p2 Revan
    p3 chex mix / aurra BH / bounty and the beast
    p4 nightsisters

just make sure people hit the right phase with right squad and you are golden
  • If you have 50 people and each person can do 2% of each phase (for p4, 2% of each of the bosses) then yes. Just remember to kill nihilus first b4 you kill sion in p4.
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member
    matsumike wrote: »
    Short answer... Yes.

Long answer, you'll need specific teams, and lots of them for each phase.
    1) JTR
    2) Jedi Knight Revan
    3) Chex team, Darth Revan, Padme, Aurra Bounty hunters
    4)Nightsisters

I’d love to try padme. What’s the squad and strategy? Could you provide a link to a video please
    Thx mate
  • We just completed our first one at 123m GP. We had 36/50 contribute so I think it's possible. You just need some people willing to focus on the right teams
  • Well I would say in your case the issue is not the casualness of your guild but more its size.
    You need specific teams and mods to do hstr.

Crounchingrancor.com and also the dsr bot have good tools to help with the planning.

But I would wager by looking at your swgoh.gg that you dont have enough size to do it. I just dont see enough JKRs or Bossks. JTRs just barely....

I would suggest like someone already did to try once a month.
    That will give you a lot of info on where you stand.
    Focus on p1...then p2...then p3 and p4 may come natural.

Have people attack only with 1 team per phase....and take note of damages.

The spreadsheets is probably inevitable.

Good luck!

Kakaka

Telegram @Kakakawakaka
  • CYG77
    75 posts Member
    Well, being a "casual" guild can be challenging. What you will eventually find out is:

Your guild will eventually beat it as rosters will grow.
    Stronger rosters will be the back bone of the raid.
    If you don't get enough people participating Everytime, then you may not maintain the raid as people tend to not attack.

It takes a coordinated team effort for HSR. You will not beat it using casual methods.

My guild can now beat it with minimum people
    10 to 15 is my guess
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Well I would say in your case the issue is not the casualness of your guild but more its size.
    You need specific teams and mods to do hstr.

Crounchingrancor.com and also the dsr bot have good tools to help with the planning.

But I would wager by looking at your swgoh.gg that you dont have enough size to do it. I just dont see enough JKRs or Bossks. JTRs just barely....

Only 17 of the total 48 guild members have their profile on swgoh.gg and the average GP of those profiles is not far from the average GP of all guild members. I would assume that the guild actually has more JKR/Bastilla lead jedi teams and more JTR teams (especially since having JTR is a requirement for new applicants to the guild).

But ok, these are only assumptions.

• Yes, my guild is about 120m with about 8 people really active. Personally (I have 2 accounts) I can do 25% in p1, 30% in p2, and 50% in p3. I doesn't take much to clean up
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    No need to break out the spreadsheets. We did use DST Bot to help show people which teams work best though. Especially helpful for P3.

What is the "DST Bot"?
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    BlackIrish wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

What is the "DST Bot"?

It's a typo. I meant the DSR Bot for Discord. And if that doesn't clarify it you can find it here: https://reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/9eu30e/dsr_bot_check_for_your_hstr_readiness_tw_matchup/

It gives you nice information like this:
    2evhlr7j4jl11.png
  • Ok well, update on results here.

Last week we tried HSTR just after culling a 3-4 inactives. It went ok .. about 50% through p3 after dumping everything we had in the last few hours. And that was with me totally wasting my weak nightmare team. The news now, is that we have plenty of RJT for phase 1, but hit a hard brick wall on phase 3....

Anyways, next time around i'll have a fully zetaed NS team, all g12. (does anyone know if Initiate is required for nightmare, or if acolyte works just fine? my initiate is g1 lvl1.

I'll also have, hopefully, g12 embo, aura sing and pao....
  • You want initiate, And as low gear as possible.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Congrats. Halfway through p3. You're actually not far away from making it.

A weak initiate is actually good. You want it to die easily in a deathstorm team in p3. Same goes for Talzin. Acolyte is not nearly as good. You will gain more bonus turn meter by using a character, that inflicts debuffs with her basic attack. Spirit and initiate can both inflict two debuffs with their basics. Those will be resisted by Traya, giving your whole team (well, Asajj, Daka and zombie) bonus TM.

Are you sure, that your members have their ChexMix set up correctly? Correct modding is particularly important for that team to reach good results.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    BryantBub wrote: »
    Ok well, update on results here.

Last week we tried HSTR just after culling a 3-4 inactives. It went ok .. about 50% through p3 after dumping everything we had in the last few hours. And that was with me totally wasting my weak nightmare team. The news now, is that we have plenty of RJT for phase 1, but hit a hard brick wall on phase 3....

Anyways, next time around i'll have a fully zetaed NS team, all g12. (does anyone know if Initiate is required for nightmare, or if acolyte works just fine? my initiate is g1 lvl1.

I'll also have, hopefully, g12 embo, aura sing and pao....
    The replacement for Initiate is spirit.

That said, there is a multitude of P3 teams, if you rearrange things. The basic list is...

Deathstorm.

The assorted Chex/Greedo mix teams, to include Bounty and the Beast.

ROLO.

Aurra hunters.

Darth Revan.

Jedi Revan.

Imperial Troopers.

CLS/3PO.

And you can field literally all of these in parallel. Including fielding Aurra hunters, Bounty and the Beast, and CLS/3PO in parallel.
    Post edited by YaeVizsla on
    Still not a he.