Is it possible to do Traya with a semi-casual guild?

2Next

Replies

• UPDATE:

We were able to down hstr twice, but only if I used the nightmare anakin setup to get through p3. It seems they’ve already nerfed that so, oh well.

It’s becoming quite frustrating. I know CG doesn’t want to “trivialize” endgame content, but this particular raid is over a year old and now is surpassed by the new TB.

I try hard not to require people give up their lives to be in our guild, but the cost of this is our inability not only to unlock traya, but to have access to g12 mats.

We could probably farm it ok if the time limit were not 2 days ... or if they didn’t give p3 traya negative tenacity while toppled ...
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Pretty sure they haven't nerfed it yet. It will be announced when they do.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Yes but you will need some specific teams for each phase. My guild started doing it when we were 110M but we had Jedi Rey/Jedi Revan and Nightsisters teams ready.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    BryantBub wrote: »
    UPDATE:

We were able to down hstr twice, but only if I used the nightmare anakin setup to get through p3. It seems they’ve already nerfed that so, oh well.

It’s becoming quite frustrating. I know CG doesn’t want to “trivialize” endgame content, but this particular raid is over a year old and now is surpassed by the new TB.

I try hard not to require people give up their lives to be in our guild, but the cost of this is our inability not only to unlock traya, but to have access to g12 mats.

We could probably farm it ok if the time limit were not 2 days ... or if they didn’t give p3 traya negative tenacity while toppled ...
    You will never get the raid if you're not willing to put in the work. Y'all aren't clearing P3 without loops slated for fixing not because it's too hard or you're not "giving up your lives to be in your guild," but because y'all quit, and you don't have a reasonable portion of the guild willing to even try. The issue is morale and participation.

A page back, I listed eight teams that could be run in parallel against Traya. Chex variants are low barrier to entry, but I can understand not liking that kind of randomness. That is fine and reasonable and makes sense. But there are many, many other teams, many of which didn't exist when the raid started, who can face Traya in a more conventional fashion and get good numbers. Either Revan can comfortably get your share of damage without the random retries and exacting speed requirements of Chex style teams or the strange setup of Deathstorm or the tedium of the CLS loop. Get a team. Use it. Do damage. Proceed to next phase.

You don't get the raid on farm until you've earned it. Go forth and earn it.
    Still not a he.
  • BryantBub wrote: »
    UPDATE:

All it takes is a couple people willing to carry the guild. When we first started doing hstr I was doing 10-15% of p3 with jtr. 5% with chex, 10-15% with ns. So one person can do 35% of p3 pretty easily.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    UPDATE:

You will never get the raid if you're not willing to put in the work. Y'all aren't clearing P3 without loops slated for fixing not because it's too hard or you're not "giving up your lives to be in your guild," but because y'all quit, and you don't have a reasonable portion of the guild willing to even try. The issue is morale and participation.

A page back, I listed eight teams that could be run in parallel against Traya. Chex variants are low barrier to entry, but I can understand not liking that kind of randomness. That is fine and reasonable and makes sense. But there are many, many other teams, many of which didn't exist when the raid started, who can face Traya in a more conventional fashion and get good numbers. Either Revan can comfortably get your share of damage without the random retries and exacting speed requirements of Chex style teams or the strange setup of Deathstorm or the tedium of the CLS loop. Get a team. Use it. Do damage. Proceed to next phase.

It’s true. The primary problem is definitely about morale and/or participation, but it’s not because we quit. So what is “participation”? Is it logging in at a specific phase (so 4 times across 2 days) to plug in 20-30 minutes to poke 2-5% damage? Or is it dealing x amount of damage by the end of hstr? I know lots of members log in only once a day usually at night but for plenty of time. Does this mean those folks don’t participate enough? We have the strength and ability, but it’s more a matter of time. This is why a fast loop p3 team is valuable for us.

Look at how the new TB is structured, 36 hours per phase rather than 24. Does it really require that much more planning? Will CG actually drop it to 24 later? Maybe they only want to stretch 4 phases out to the same time as 6 phases?

Overall I would love for time pressure in this game to be relieved a bit.
  • BryantBub wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    UPDATE:

It’s true. The primary problem is definitely about morale and/or participation, but it’s not because we quit. So what is “participation”? Is it logging in at a specific phase (so 4 times across 2 days) to plug in 20-30 minutes to poke 2-5% damage? Or is it dealing x amount of damage by the end of hstr? I know lots of members log in only once a day usually at night but for plenty of time. Does this mean those folks don’t participate enough? We have the strength and ability, but it’s more a matter of time. This is why a fast loop p3 team is valuable for us.

Look at how the new TB is structured, 36 hours per phase rather than 24. Does it really require that much more planning? Will CG actually drop it to 24 later? Maybe they only want to stretch 4 phases out to the same time as 6 phases?

Overall I would love for time pressure in this game to be relieved a bit.

We're fairly casual guild ourselves. It would take about 24 hours for us to hit p3 initially. I don't think there is any way around you needing 5ish people who will hit it and hit it hard. P4 is just as much of a struggle as p3 if you don't have people willing to try. At 10% a team you would need to convince only 10 people to setup an ns team for p3. Though you'll probably need a couple more for p4 as well. If you cant get a few people to log in multiple times a day to help across the different phases, then I don't think you will be able to be hstr. They collect all their free energy right? That's 3 times a day right there.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    UPDATE:

The answer is no. It dies not require more planning and CG did not intend it to be 36 hours. They explicitly said there is a bug in the way TBs are scheduled that prevents them from setting the new TB to 24 hour phases. For now.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    If you have fifty members who log in once every 24 hours and do 4% damage to whatever phase you happen to be on, you win the raid.

Whatever plan or structure you go with, it has to be something. Some portion of the guild has to step up, to carry, to field teams and deal damage. If P3 is the problem, then working toward teams who can deal damage to P3 when folks happen to log on is the solution.

There's a reason I tell people if they have two teams that can do 4% damage to two phases, they can contribute as an equal to an hSith guild, rather than four teams that can do 2%. The first is much easier on multiple levels. Including your framing of individual schedules, logging in once a day.
    Still not a he.
  • Ok. So we did finish despite my complaints. And that’s with my poor p3 run and a few of our top geared members out of action.

I think I will stop complaining and just have the guild grind it — As you have all so patiently and kindly suggested :-)
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    Congratulations! There’s a lot of benefit to experiencing the heroic version over tier 6. It’s such a different challenge. And now that you’ve beat it, that builds confidence and develops skill. Soon enough, the raid will seem like just a part of your normal raid schedule. You won’t need to worry about coordination because players will know what they need to do and do it. You’ve gotten past the hard part.