Fix AI/Auto play

As it stands now the AI makes some really dumb and annoying mistakes. The two major I have found is with "Heath immunity" and "Buff immunity"

Heath immunity:
If an ally got really low health and Health immunity, an ally with a healing ability will use heal, which makes ZERO SENSE! (Excluding equalizing healing abilities, since they can actually heal them)

Buff immunity:
Same idea. Someone got buff immunity, yet another ally tries to give that person buffs, or the one with it tries to give himself some buffs.

And now you may be thinking "Don't play on auto if you got so many problems with it!".....
the AI acts the exact same as playing on auto! Which includes the enemy's team and your own team in arena, grand arena, etc...

Some other small ones but still annoying

Ventress's Endless Wraith ability:
Her AI uses this ability when enemies are below a certain health%, but it would be better if she used it immediately instead. She may already be able to one-shot them with full health, or maybe not even make a scratch. It would anyways be way better to just use it whenever, to at least deal damage with the AOE and inflict defense down.
She also does the same thing in raids, which is annoying since they're all immune to defense down and many strategies involve her using it to kills all the small enemies.

Thrawn's Grand Admiral Command ability:
From what I have seen he only tends to use this ability to remove debuffs, rather than focusing on restoring protection%. Would make more sense to focus on restoring protection (not the % missing though, but the amount missing. So if one is missing 70%/5k and another 40%/14k then he should focus on the latter)

Conclusion:
Update the AI and fix some of the related errors. ESPECIALLY Health and Buff immunity, which I was honestly surprised still haven't been fixed, but then I remembered EA owns/made the game...

Feel free to comment or share some of your experiences:smile:

Replies

• As you alluded to, don’t use auto. . . . It’s setup to make a few mistakes, which prevents the inevitable deluge of the ai is too tough and you can’t ever win a fight threads. And yes, the devs have specifically made the ai not perfect In order to allow more options and advantages to be in the players direct control. If you wish to play on auto instead of controlling the fight, that’s the cost of “auto’ing”
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    If they improved the AI, everyone would get mad because they'd lose a lot more often.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • As you alluded to, don’t use auto. . . . It’s setup to make a few mistakes, which prevents the inevitable deluge of the ai is too tough and you can’t ever win a fight threads. And yes, the devs have specifically made the ai not perfect In order to allow more options and advantages to be in the players direct control. If you wish to play on auto instead of controlling the fight, that’s the cost of “auto’ing”

Like I said the ones you play against is basically a team playing on Auto, so updating the AI and fixing some of these weird actions, would benefit us all...
    And i never really alluded never to use auto, since it's fine to use in some circumstances
  • TVF wrote: »
    If they improved the AI, everyone would get mad because they'd lose a lot more often.

Have you ever played Dark Souls? Because while some ragequit and throws their controller/punches their screen, some enjoys the challenge and keeps on trying, with new strategies, weapons, etc...
    Some are the latter (me) while some the former (you?).

Also... yeah, maybe they would have a bit higher chance of losing in arena, grand arena, etc. But so would other players against their team.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I have not played Dark Souls.

I don't know anything about it. I don't know if they have forums. I don't know if they have forums like this. All I know is people already hate everything here, and they will lose their minds if they start losing more.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    It's an offense game. Just get used to it.