Old Ben in Cantina !

Old Ben is now in Cantina battles :D

I know he is pretty good, but is he still worth farming? would he fit into an arena team?

QGJ (L)
Old Ben ???
Lumi
Yoda
Anakin/Sid

Replies

• LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    In a jedi/speed team, he wont fit in. In a TM manipulation squad though he may be of some use
    Ackbar(L),Han,HRS,Biggs,Ben
    {RotE}
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Go for QGJ/Ahsoka/Yoda/Old Ben/some other toon. Great versatile and fast group. If you want some fun, use old Ben as leader and see Yoda gain +20% turn meter every time he dodges due to foresight. :)
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    I run Old Ben (4*) in my Arena team and he does the job... just got to n. 1 today!

I have QGJ (L) - Old Ben - Lumi - GS - Phasma, and I'm running a whole 5* (I have only 30) under most of my opponents (I do have purple gear level 8/9 though)

I usually have
    1. QGJ + 1, GS + 1 to take care of any imminent threat (that does Poe, Rey, IG-88 and the like),
    2. then Lumi heals everyone if she's still alive,
    3. then Old Ben puts the whole other team on a diet of no ability and half damage for 2 turns,
    4. and to celebrate the event, Phasma gives my team an extra turn
    5. (then QGJ gives everyone offense up because he's so cheerful).
    You get the idea.
    Well, of course, at least one of those doesn't happen, because the opponent team also has baddies that do bad stuff (Dooku stuns, mostly, or GS + the right assist kills someone, or Royal Guard auto-taunts and pees on my parade).
    It very seldom happens that they do kill Old Ben, but then it's like Halleluja! Old Ben is the only guy that I'm happy to send against Dooku and Fives, for the same reason.

I'm currently painfully grinding that last piece of 50-bits stoopid level-8 gear, I for sure will visit those cantina nodes a lot.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • luuuje
    153 posts Member
    I don't have Old Ben available except for in chromiums still??
  • I'll have to stop dooku to farm Ben! Hopefully I can get dooku to 6 star before then!
  • I cannot see how adding Ben is in any way bad.

QGJ Lead
    Yoda (tenacity to block all the sid crap out there)
    Old Ben (clock abilities on opposing teams)
    Lumi (ability block and heal)

Last spot for Ima, or Eeth or Ahsoka or in the future Jedi Luke.
  • luuuje wrote: »
    I don't have Old Ben available except for in chromiums still??

of course he is .

now he is farmable. Never would I expect that. but here we are
  • Pierce123
    19 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I just got him... I am a small dolphin (Like $60) and I paid $10 to refresh a ton to get him. I'm running:

5* QGJ
    6* Lumi
    4* Ben
    5* JC
    5* Yoda

That's my arena team, and they are awesome!!!

Also, as a very random sidenote, I would kill to unlock Ima Gun-Di.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Pierce123 wrote: »
    I just got him... I am a small dolphin (Like $60) and I paid $10 to refresh a ton to get him. I'm running:

5* QGJ
    6* Lumi
    4* Ben
    5* JC
    5* Yoda

That's my arena team, and they are awesome!!!

Also, as a very random sidenote, I would kill to unlock Ima Gun-Di.

I pulled him twice from the Chromium Packs already... and I am playing a bit more than a month. :D
  • TheFett
    12 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Ive maxed out old ben. Here are my problems with his practical applications. First he does next to no damage and is almost impossible to kill so why would anyone attack him? His passive "if you strike me down" special ability is useless because he is not a threat so in arena nobody attacks him. Yes his secondary attack is irritating but the effect is only 1 turn and does zero damage and has a super long cool down so you only get to use it once. So its not a real threat. Secondly i think his leader ability is broken because after 20 rounds of arena matches i dodged only 3 attacks that where not caused by yoda's insight buff. Doesnt sound like a 15% increase to me considering im running a very dodge heavy team.
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    I don't know. I've faced him a couple of times. But I just use yoda and tenacity up. After that he's pretty much useless. And with 2 rounds and he's last man standing, he's block don't do much good then.

Can't say on offense tho, don't have him myself.
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    TheFett wrote: »
    (...) i think his leader ability is broken because after 20 rounds of arena matches i dodged only 3 attacks that where not caused by yoda's insight buff. Doesnt sound like a 15% increase to me considering im running a very dodge heavy team.

There is indeed a strong suspicion it is broken. I haven't tried enough to know for sure, but everything I've read goes in that way. Sad though, because 15% evasion + 25% TM is pretty good... on paper.

Oh and his Mind Tricks is much better than you described: ability block 1 turn, offense down 2 turns, 2/3 chance of removing 60% TM. Useful on attack even against Yoda because Yoda never uses tenacity up first (and then he's actually blocked on the 2nd turn).

I've lost 2 battles today out of 10 (climbing from 50 to 4), both against an Old Ben team (with QGJ (L), Yoda, GS and probably Dooku, can't remember).

You need QGJ lead though. And that team is not great against Dooku :/
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/