should really find a way to stop mod sandbagging in GA

You will be up against teams that are basically way better than you, because they just take mods off like 200 characters.

Replies

• Taking mods off is a waste of time and credits, if someone wants to, all the power to them
  • For sure, if a player wants to do that, that’s their privilege, but my point was just that go hard if that’s your desire (not you personally , General context) Cuz it’s a monumental waste of resources
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    You will be up against teams that are basically way better than you, because they just take mods off like 200 characters.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/269658878/characters/

That's a lot of bloat. I hope you have a full set of leveled-up mods on every single useless character, otherwise you too would be guilty of sandbagging.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I'm very picky with mods. I'd say 25% of my characters don't have mods.
  • I absolutely drop mods on toons i know i wont use in GA to get me under 4 million.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    What's the point? If you're barely over 4m, so are your opponents. Makes zero difference.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Next they will introduce cheat codes for GA
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    What's the point? If you're barely over 4m, so are your opponents. Makes zero difference.

Having been around for a long time and bloating GP for TB early on, I have a lot of useless GP lying around. And I'm ready to claim that it doesn't matter at all - no matter your GP-range.

I have still won all my GAs except for 2 second places - one of which was my own friggin' fault for messing up a match twice.

I have won against an elite sandbagger somebody with 32 more G12s and 21 more zetas than me.

So I don't really see the point in trying to sandbag. It won't make much of a difference
    Post edited by Krjstoff on
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Someone is automatically a sandbagger because they have way more G12 and zetas? Hmmm.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Someone is automatically a sandbagger because they have way more G12 and zetas? Hmmm.

That many more of both, I can assure you he was a sandbagger. But just for the fun of it, let's strike that single remark... can you please try to focus on the rest of my post, which was the relevant part?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Krjstoff wrote: »

That many more of both, I can assure you he was a sandbagger. But just for the fun of it, let's strike that single remark... can you please try to focus on the rest of my post, which was the relevant part?

Well sure, I agree since I made the original comment. 3.99m vs 4.01m is no difference except you need one more squad....just like your opponent does.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I can see both sides of the argument. I repeatedly see players with g11 character that have no mods in GA. Often, those are also the players that seem to have the extra meta character or two that make a big difference - a few months ago it was JKR, now it's DR/Malak. To me, that definitely looks like someone who is trying to game the matchup system. To me it feels like wrestlers who dehydrate and starve themselves before weigh-in to wrestle "down" - is it allowed? Sure. Is it good sportsmanship? Not so sure.

On the other hand, everyone can rip mods off of that g11 Teebo you don't need for Rancor anymore or the g10 clones that aren't getting anymore TW bonuses. So whatever.

Personally, I think CG could come up with a better algorithm that took mod-sandbagging into account, but it's not a major concern.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*