Jyn leadership ideas

SheevDaddy
12 posts Member
edited May 2019
Whilst Jyn is less popular now, her kit is really interesting so was wondering if anyone had ideas for more fun teams with synergy from her leadership besides just R1? Main ideas:

Her leadership says 50% chance to expose if debuffed during a rebel’s turn. If this counts a debuff on an assist when a rebel calls the assist, there are some big possibilities.

Rebels that use assists/multi attacks alongside 3po could hit several exposes e.g. zHan + chewie would do a tonne of damage (80-140% max health if my maths is right) off Han’s basic. (Han basic 2 exposes, chewie 1 expose plus 20% max health damage, 3 expose max. Jyn lead=140%, unlikely but possible)

Mass assist characters? Rebels and non rebels?

These 2 would be boosted further by characters that apply debuffs off basics.

Best rebel AoE debuff characters?

Best expose synergy characters, R trooper?

My best idea would be this, again just an idea haven’t tested but if anyone has different ideas to what I said above or suggestions for chars that would be better feel free:
Jyn (l), C3PO, Chewie, zHan, CLS/Old Ben/Cassian/GK/RT.

Would also like to know if Jyns lead needs a rebel calling the assist, providing the assist or either.

Cheers.

Replies

• willennium
    221 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I think the devs are getting away from kits that have synergy with toons outside of their faction, unfortunately.

In all, Jyn's kit isn't that bad as is. I think the only real boost she needs is some sort of TM gain. Maybe on top of the expose chance, she could grant like a 10% TM gain for hitting an exposed enemy or something like that?

Oops, I misread your original question. Disregard what I said.
    Post edited by willennium on

• Did some quick testing, it's fun. The 5 or 6 exposes is nice!
    https://youtu.be/cXcQn1dMvrI
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Jyn , C3PO, zeb, cassian, and maybe nest could work really well.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • willennium wrote: »
    I think the devs are getting away from kits that have synergy with toons outside of their faction, unfortunately.

In all, Jyn's kit isn't that bad as is. I think the only real boost she needs is some sort of TM gain. Maybe on top of the expose chance, she could grant like a 10% TM gain for hitting an exposed enemy or something like that?

Yeah I agree I was struggling to think of many that would work... But she is very quick and if you can attack the right toon you can almost refill her tm every 2 turns and stun.

• Did some quick testing, it's fun. The 5 or 6 exposes is nice!

Yeah that was pretty cool actually thanks for the video, maybe one AoE debuffer would ramp up the exposes but then again cassians not incredible and old Ben wouldn’t get it off enough to make a difference.
  • SheevDaddy wrote: »
    willennium wrote: »

Yeah I agree I was struggling to think of many that would work... But she is very quick and if you can attack the right toon you can almost refill her tm every 2 turns and stun.

Yeah it's kinda hard to justify putting her in a non r1 team as a leader. Her lead is basically made for Cassian to be slotted with her. And if you have Cassian, you might as well throw in K2 since they assist each other and apply debuffs on all of their attacks, which benefits Jyn's lead. Most other Rebels that apply debuffs are better under other leads like CLS or jedi leaders.

You might could slot in Farmboy Luke or CHS for extra expose chances and another revive. Perhaps FAT/Leia for a healing/damage boost. It's hard because R1 toons were pretty much designed to work best with her kit.
  • SheevDaddy wrote: »
    willennium wrote: »

Yeah it's kinda hard to justify putting her in a non r1 team as a leader. Her lead is basically made for Cassian to be slotted with her. And if you have Cassian, you might as well throw in K2 since they assist each other and apply debuffs on all of their attacks, which benefits Jyn's lead. Most other Rebels that apply debuffs are better under other leads like CLS or jedi leaders.

You might could slot in Farmboy Luke or CHS for extra expose chances and another revive. Perhaps FAT/Leia for a healing/damage boost. It's hard because R1 toons were pretty much designed to work best with her kit.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    SheevDaddy wrote: »
    Did some quick testing, it's fun. The 5 or 6 exposes is nice!

Yeah that was pretty cool actually thanks for the video, maybe one AoE debuffer would ramp up the exposes but then again cassians not incredible and old Ben wouldn’t get it off enough to make a difference.

I dunno, I like Cassian a lot. I originally only got him to G11 for his ship, but since i've used him a bit he actually hits quite hard and his debuff grenade does a ton of work under Jyn.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• This thread went down for a while for some reason, but yeah CLS is obviously better for a rebel team, was more going for fun teams basically to try and get the exposes chaining. Another thread opened about it after this went down also btw, similar stuff said there but I agree she does automatically tend to an r1 squad but definitely some interesting stuff you can do outside of that, have a look at other thread if you’re interested
  • I have fun with Jyn, R2D2, c3po, cassian, old ben