Unsure how opponent beat me

DziNeIT
33 posts Member
For the current GA, I decided to only set two teams. One in each of the front territories.

My opponent set a full slate, giving him 540 score (90 per deploy, 6 teams).

He then killed one of my teams, giving him anywhere from 16-64 points (it would've been towards the lower end as he took 6 attempts to beat it).

This obviously immediately allowed him to conquer both that territory and the one behind it. According to the in-game points description, he would've got 180 points from conquering the first and 150 from the second, totalling 330.

540 + 330 = 870

Then add the points for killing the only team he killed - which in reality couldn't be higher than 44, but for this I will just add 64 as that's the maximum amount.

870 + 64 = 934

My opponent has only killed that one team and conquered those two territories. So there is no reason he should have any points other than those plus his initial score from setting defensive teams.

Yet he has 958 points. I have 957.

How is this possible?

My points can be verified:
180 from setting two defensive teams
+ 510 from conquering territories

= 690

Then 267 from killing a total of 5 teams for an average of 53.4 points each (most of those were first time kills so this makes sense).

But his points score does not add up using the numbers displayed in-game.

Replies

• You gave him the win since you didn’t bother to set full def.

Next time set full squads, even if the second junk squad is level ones.

By leaving a def spot open, when he conquerors that map, he gets full points for the missing def squad 0lus the map points, plus the point for killing your squad

• DziNeIT
    33 posts Member
    You gave him the win since you didn’t bother to set full def.

Next time set full squads, even if the second junk squad is level ones.

By leaving a def spot open, when he conquerors that map, he gets full points for the missing def squad 0lus the map points, plus the point for killing your squad

Interesting, I didn't realise the game was designed to give points for killing squads you didn't kill.

I'm not bothered about how I do in GA anymore (hence I decided to do this in the first place), I don't play the game religiously these days, I more just wanted to report this just in case it was a bug or exploit that might have affected others. Seems that's not the case.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    You don’t get points for killing teams that aren’t there. But I believe you do get points for conquering empty territories even if those territories are at the back and haven’t been reached. So your opponent would have gotten three conquered territories, not two. But that doesn’t add up either so I don’t know.
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    You do tho @liath , that’s what all the fuss was at launch when people would leave their defence empty, and clear the opponents board, and still lose. It ensures that the player shortchanging on def has a nearly impossible position to win from
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    You do tho @liath , that’s what all the fuss was at launch when people would leave their defence empty, and clear the opponents board, and still lose. It ensures that the player shortchanging on def has a nearly impossible position to win from

That happened because the points from setting defense are higher than the points from winning on offense. If you set no defense it’s impossible to win because you get max 64 points from an offense win compared to getting 90 points from setting a defense team. So you can’t possibly make up the gap. But by setting a partial defense t is still possible to win and people have done it.
  • Yea , Lol, My apologies, I was mixed up from lack of sleep ,
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Please provide a screenshot. You may have missed something, we the **** might show.
  • DziNeIT
    33 posts Member
    Wow everyone is very salty about me asking a question out of curiosity just in case it was a bug. As I previously mentioned, I don't care about the game enough to be particularly concerned whether I win or not (I rank #1 in most GAs without trying anyway so the occasional #2-4 doesn't bother me), I was just curious how it happened.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Says the guy salty enough to come post about it on the forums :D
  • DziNeIT
    33 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Says the guy salty enough to come post about it on the forums :D

Please do learn to read, it's a valuable skill. As previously explained my motivation for posting was to understand the game mechanic and whether it was a bug (which could therefore affect others). I don't care too much about the win or loss, I don't play the game enough for that to matter to me anymore
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    I'm not seeing the salt either. Guy presented some facts and asked a question about game mechanics, got an explanation and was satisifed. /thread