Your thoughts on new dooku rework

I have to say they did dooku wonders in my opinion with this update. I like using him in sith teams and now he's even more effective with separatist groups from what it looks like. For any who use him what do you think of him now?

Replies

• I think they did a good job. I fought a Dooku lead separatist squad with Nute in this GA round and it felt like Dooku never stopped attacking. His ignore protection on out of turn attacks almost took out my squad. Only reason I won was from a couple well-timed stuns. I took him lightly and I shouldn’t have.
    518 posts Member
    Shaddes wrote: »
    At least riposte is dispellable, he would be extremely dangerous if it was locked
    At least riposte is dispellable, he would be extremely dangerous if it was locked

I don't think so. It's only a 2 turns buff, even locked won't make hit a danger because everyone is stealth, including Dooku but excluding the tank. It actually means one thing : you either get dispel, and then lose the buff, or don't get targeted by single attacks, just AOE. Problem is : Yoda and JKA AOE are not counterable, DT AOE dispels, Dengar's AOE make him stealth, etc... Basically, this spell as one use at the moment : cleanse and + 15%TM.

Which means one thing to me : we are missing characters/kits reworked to make it somehow interesting.
  • Guest wrote: »
    Which means one thing to me : we are missing characters/kits reworked to make it somehow interesting.

And they will come. With a hefty price tag.

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    TB toon prolly gonna help
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    His damage was buffed too.
    518 posts Member
    KKatarn wrote: »
    His damage was buffed too.

From what I've noticed, not that much. He didn't get any offensive stats so they might have done it though the ability itself.
    However, he'll hit harder considering his lead because he'll gain 50% offense.
    He's nice paired with B1 and Droideka considering the offensive boost, the protection regeneration the assists, etc...
  • Rhydia
    104 posts Member
    I’m curious to see if Dooku will become a decent counter to Enfys Nest with the bonus attacks ignoring protection.
  • He's great now, hits harder and does lots of damage in raids. But I'm somewhat disappointed they didn't give him a better lead with a zeta. He is who he is after all and the separatists could do with a different and slightly better leader than Grievous. Also GG works great in a Dooku squad, counters and all, it's just a real shame that Dooku's lead doesn't offer any speed bonuses or TM manipulation or some other way to make them competitive in arena. After all there is a painful amount of bastila teams in the tier 3-2 bracket of arena, I don't see why Dooku lead shouldn't be up there, if not able to revans straight out. Also if Dooku's new lead was never meant to be arena viable I don't see why it shouldn't apply to other sith as well as separatists. Would substantially improve his pve value, and wouldn't ruin the game. Otherwise rework is great.
  • Dooku sisters anyone? The team is really fun to use. working on the best 4th and 5th. Definitely a solid B team under JKR and DR meta it beats everything else. may even beat Revans once I figure out the last 2 spots. Maybe a zWampa to extend heal immunity... Strategy is Plague them, stun them, win.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Idk. I want to give him a zeta so badly, but can't justify it.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • I spent my last zeta on Nute, he's next. Looking forward to running him through the wringer. His kit has never impressed me and I always wanted him to be good, I really hope he's decent now.
  • I put a zeta on Dooku once the rework hit and I don't regret it.
  • Guest wrote: »

I don't think so. It's only a 2 turns buff, even locked won't make hit a danger because everyone is stealth, including Dooku but excluding the tank. It actually means one thing : you either get dispel, and then lose the buff, or don't get targeted by single attacks, just AOE. Problem is : Yoda and JKA AOE are not counterable, DT AOE dispels, Dengar's AOE make him stealth, etc... Basically, this spell as one use at the moment : cleanse and + 15%TM.

Meaning my crappy G11 Dooku w/o omega on Master of Makashi is better this way?
    Didn't think about that. Just didn't put the omega because no omegas.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!