Are there any plans to fix the constant game crashes!

Doneeta
157 posts Member
I just spent 40min trying to do a full solo on haat. P1 team of cls, Han, hoda, then P2-4 with my jtr, cls, r2, c3po, Finn. Got all the way to the end of p4, should have registered a full solo score, instead crashed again! 40min of my life wasted with nothing to show for it. Best Hope is now somewhere top 20, probably outside that! Should have been top 10!

Between this and the constant TW crashes I experience, it’s getting very frustrating! Please tell us that during this down time from marquees your working on fixing the crashes!

Replies

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe it's your device.
    I've been soloing HAAT many many many times and never crashed.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Maybe it's your device.

Yes and no.
    The game should support older devices.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Crashes all the time on my Samsung S9.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    Maybe it's your device.

Yes and no.

Supporting old devices and said old device being able to run the app because it’s old are two different things. My PC was literally built to run Diablo 3, but now it freezes when playing too long because it’s old.
  • Gcdevil
    153 posts Member
    Options
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »

I have an s9 and it pretty much never crashes
  • thedrjojo
    953 posts Member
    Options
    Never crashed on my s8+ nor on my s10+. For a game like this, the client stability has been phenomenal
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe it's your device.

Yes and no.

Supporting old devices and said old device being able to run the app because it’s old are two different things. My PC was literally built to run Diablo 3, but now it freezes when playing too long because it’s old.

Fair point
  • TVF
    36602 posts Member
    Options
    I've been told if you stop trying to watch adult videos and play SWGOH at the same time the problem goes away.

That's what I've been told.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • thedrjojo
    953 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I've been told if you stop trying to watch adult videos and play SWGOH at the same time the problem goes away.

Nonsense
  • TVF
    36602 posts Member
    Options
    I'm just telling everyone what I've been told. I can't say if it works or not.

Because how would I know?

I wouldn't.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »

That's strange cos I'm using my S7+ which is definitely an older device.
  • TVF
    36602 posts Member
    Options
    You can tell because of the 7, versus the 9.

Although the plus could be worth at least 2. Hard to say.
  • Options
    Things like available memory on your device are clearly a factor. My previous iPhone crashed often, but it had almost no spare memory.

I’ve kept the newer iPhone lean (unlike my roster) and crashes are a very rare event.
  • Options
    Crashed during HAAT on iPhoneXs tonight. It was first time for me.
  • TVF
    36602 posts Member
    Options
    I had a ton of trouble with HAAT when C3PO was first released. Wasn't a crash, but it refused to post my final score. Just sat on a blank screen instead of going to the "Victory" screen. Only way out was to force crash. Found out my virus protection app had something called safe browsing enabled. As soon as I disabled that the problem went away.

Might be worth looking into.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe it's your device.

Yes and no.
    I've only ever crashed a few times in years on my galaxy s5, so...
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

So you havent tried stopping?
  • TVF
    36602 posts Member
    Options
    You'll have to ask my friend, who is totally real and not made up at all.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    You'll have to ask my friend, who is totally real and not made up at all.

Lol
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    Maybe it's your device.

Yes and no.
    I've only ever crashed a few times in years on my galaxy s5, so...
    assuming that's an old model, maybe it's an iOS problem. I'm not crashing often, but it's happened enough to be annoying. For some reason it only really happens when i try to enter a battle in TW.
  • Intrepid
    32 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    This is definitely NOT a device issue... ever since the update we had a month or two ago, my game crashes 100% of the time in P4 of hAAT... and ONLY P4... if this was a device issue, I’m pretty sure I would have at least once experienced a crash in P1-P3? Or the hSTR... which never happened even once!

My best guess is, they messed up something during an update (which has been known to happen once or twice, lol) and now they don’t want to waste time trying to figure out what they did. They need to focus on the next Legendary toon instead and how to generate more income... no money to be made from fixing a bug that is not affecting everyone, but only a small percentage. The outrage is not huge enough... and people are being ignored!

The developers have even stated that they are aware of this issue, although this issue was never mentioned in their mist recent “Known Issues” post - but they don’t seem to care too much about fixing it... it could be a simple matter of percentage... the percentage of players experiencing this annoying and devastating issue, could simply be too low compared to entire player base... not worth their time fixing...

... for about two months now, I have not participated in many hAATs due to this issue. Also, the crashes during TW and GA are crazy too...

... just don’t hold your breath hoping this will be fixed anytime soon... I have already reported it 10+ times in the Bugs section... and my reports are ignored... and so is everyone elses for that matter... a clear signal from the developers
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    All bugs and issues should be reported and discussed at Answers HQ to help highlight the issue.
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>