Magnaguard - not worth gearing at all? what about after june 19 touch-up?

jayjonbeach
697 posts Member
edited June 2019
so i ve never farmed him but almost have him 7*, considering gearing him, but see virtually no one using him not even on a separatist team. Just to slow and too little damage? could he be worth it for a plug and play taunt for a c team, or not even?

Post edited by jayjonbeach on

Replies

• Options
    I don't see his GG synergy as being powerful enough.
  • H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    Options
    I actually use him for my GG team only against nightsisters though. Or sometimes an odd tank in GA. He's really not to bad but as I remember the gear investment is very heavy. I'd hold off personally.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Options
    Hold off, I have him at gear 12, and kinda regret it. He became awesome after his rework, just still not good enough. I do use him a lot however in GA on defense with my Grievous.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Richfxxx
    449 posts Member
    Options
    Is IG-100 not useful on sep team to get 7*padme?

I only got her at 5* this time so wondering if IG-100 will help when her event returns

• Options
    He's rubbish, sadly.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Options
    Richfxxx wrote: »

I only got her at 5* this time so wondering if IG-100 will help when her event returns

@Richfxxx I used him for tier seven, and he didn’t add much, but I completed it with him. His taunt helps a lot.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Richfxxx wrote: »

If you don’t have the new droids he’s useful to take the mark from GG instead of B2 so that B2 can live longer. If you have Droideka I assume you’d want it to go to Droideka instead.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    He and sun fac are the only 2 taunting tank in seps, you will need him anyway, at least for now.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    He and sun fac are the only 2 taunting tank in seps, you will need him anyway, at least for now.

Actually, with GG everyone can taunt
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Options
    I maxed him (zeta and all).

Arena - no. But then hardly anyone runs seps in arena anyway. They are semi-effective against current arena meta but ig100 is not part of that team.

Tw - yes. Full sep droid team can beat a lot of tw teams if the player understands how to play them, and mods and gears them correctly.

GA - yes. As above.

Raids - not overly experienced with seps in raids (mainly because I'm not massively interested in the current raids anymore).
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

Actually, with GG everyone can taunt

But thats on a sep droid team...for seps dooku and nute are now become a thing.
  • Options
    So mg got a new touch-up, thoughts? Seems the near constant taunt will b a pita for enemys ,not sure how much the stealth adds, is he stealthing himself too or no? If not that is useful, like againt revans mark
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    So mg got a new touch-up, thoughts? Seems the near constant taunt will b a pita for enemys ,not sure how much the stealth adds, is he stealthing himself too or no? If not that is useful, like againt revans mark

He's now back on track and due to the stealth ability it looks like he'll be integral to the pure sep droids setup as is.
  • Options
    Even though GGs last rework seemed meh....I continued working on my separatist droids. Yesterday I finished driodeka and B1 to 7* and geared them both to g12.

The stealth Magnguard gives to the team along with the instant taunts makes my working on them seem worth it.

I’m happy about the latest separatist droid rework.
  • Options
    Insta win over JKR thanks to magnaguard. I'll take it
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    previously: nearly useless
    now: amazing
    He's a must have now for your GG squad (and even useful as a simple retaunting char in any mixed team).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • BrakirKY
    145 posts Member
    Options
    Post-post-rework, he's now pretty awesome. The stealth at the start and (essentially) permeating because of counters are very, very nice. Build him for protection with 3x ten sets and a ten cross and hes hard as hell to take out with anything short of a meta team before grievous wrecks your team. I had him g12 before the latest rework and rarely used him, now he'll be on defense most likely.
  • Options
    He destroys JKR.
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    He destroys JKR.

yeah just seen the video, those tweaks r huge against jkr, and gg leadership against cls. look like im gearing him

• H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    My GG is well modded and geared/ zetad. On the contrary to what everyone is saying it's not an instant win against JKR. My win % is around or close to 50% now unlike how it used to be. I can get into the top 50 if rng is good.

Ig100- g12 + 2 health g12 pieces
    Spd +95
    Armor 50.12
    Resistance: 45.3
    Health 30k
    Protection 80k

Still dies after JKR mass assist. Like ****. Never even gets a turn. Droideka puts up his shield Bastila dispells it. My B2 has 106.2% potency still can't land a target lock and gets mass countered and dies with 80k Heath and protection. I mean just wow....
  • Options
    Amazing now. I used to use him in GA for the seps. I will use him again because of the stealth
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    H_B0MBZ wrote: »
    My GG is well modded and geared/ zetad. On the contrary to what everyone is saying it's not an instant win against JKR. My win % is around or close to 50% now unlike how it used to be. I can get into the top 50 if rng is good.

Spd +95
    Armor 50.12
    Health 30k
    Protection 80k

Still dies after JKR mass assist. Like ****. Never even gets a turn. Droideka puts up his shield Bastila dispells it. My B2 has 106.2% potency still can't land a target lock and gets mass countered and dies with 80k Heath and protection. I mean just wow....

Three words: Critical Avoidance Arrow. Get it to g12 for maximum effect (30%).
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options

Spd +95
    Armor 50.12
    Health 30k
    Protection 80k

Replace Droideka with zNute if you have him. I made this change and haven't lost to a JKR team yet. If Nute gets marked then he's going to die pretty quickly but then revives in stealth and GG gets his free turn. If Magnaguard gets marked then he should absorb the punishment enough to allow the others to win through. I have all T6 mods and only one G12 piece so my stats aren't as high (36k health, 70k prot. 47.34 armor, 38.91 resist). Not sure what is allowing my MGuard to survive so much better. His tenacity is at 61%, not sure if that makes a difference.

Also, my B2's potency is 119% and he can consistently land target lock on at least 2 targets every time he uses his special.

• H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    Options
    Roksteady wrote: »

Spd +95
    Armor 50.12
    Health 30k
    Protection 80k

Replace Droideka with zNute if you have him. I made this change and haven't lost to a JKR team yet. If Nute gets marked then he's going to die pretty quickly but then revives in stealth and GG gets his free turn. If Magnaguard gets marked then he should absorb the punishment enough to allow the others to win through. I have all T6 mods and only one G12 piece so my stats aren't as high (36k health, 70k prot. 47.34 armor, 38.91 resist). Not sure what is allowing my MGuard to survive so much better. His tenacity is at 61%, not sure if that makes a difference.

Also, my B2's potency is 119% and he can consistently land target lock on at least 2 targets every time he uses his special.
    APX_919 wrote: »

Spd +95
    Armor 50.12
    Health 30k
    Protection 80k

Lol I wasn't expecting good constructive criticism. Thank you guys! I will actually try out your suggestions.
  • H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    Options
    Roksteady wrote: »

Spd +95
    Armor 50.12
    Health 30k
    Protection 80k

APX_919 wrote: »

Spd +95
    Armor 50.12
    Health 30k
    Protection 80k

Lol I wasn't expecting good constructive criticism. Thank you guys! I will actually try out your suggestions.
  • Options
    Do Dooku and AV have any role in a GG arena team? or is all droids + Nute?
  • BrakirKY
    145 posts Member
    Options
    Presaria wrote: »
    Do Dooku and AV have any role in a GG arena team? or is all droids + Nute?

I would stick with droids and zNute. Just not enough synergy with those two to make it worth losing any of the others.