Ship Synergies, Biggs & all the other pilots...

So when I read the update description I noticed, like most of you did, this part -

Several characters have unit descriptions that are outdated or inaccurate. The following characters have been updated to better reflect their capabilities.

I've always found it odd that with RP, FOTP, possibly Ackbar, Poe etc that there was never a mention in their description of 'ship synergies' whilst there is with Biggs. Obviously quite a few people are seriously looking forward to ships and some are farming Biggs in anticipation of this.

A few days ago I was faced with the choice of Biggs or RP from GW shipments (well, in my head that was the choice) and figured that RP is a better toon overall and is bound to get synergies too anyway...right?

Now I realise that they will also update descriptions further in the future but what's everyone else thoughts on this? Do we think that all 'pilot' toons will get them? Will they be crucial?

Replies

• The description of Biggs wasn't changed according to the update notes - which just enforces the likelihood of ships coming soon, and pilots being important!
  • Oh, my issue was the opposite! I don't think they're close because none of the other obvious pilot toons have had 'ship synergies' added to their description!
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    If ships are coming you can use every character in that mode. But some will be better than others. Compare it with the leadership. So I believe that Biggs will get more usefull ship skills than RP.

I have enough damage makers to fill an A, B, C Team so I decided for Biggs.
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Drake23 wrote: »
    If ships are coming you can use every character in that mode. But some will be better than others. Compare it with the leadership. So I believe that Biggs will get more usefull ship skills than RP.

You don't think that would be slightly odd for other pilot toons, an Admiral, Poe to not get further ship synergies?
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Drake23 wrote: »

You don't think that would be slightly odd for other pilot toons, an Admiral, Poe to not get further ship synergies?

I don't say that other won't get synergies. I believe that a well known ship pilot like Biggs gets a better synergy than a no name pilot like RP.

And by the way. Poe is flying the same ships as RP and who is the better pilot?

Drake23, Its a trap
  • Presto
    66 posts Member
    Oh, my issue was the opposite! I don't think they're close because none of the other obvious pilot toons have had 'ship synergies' added to their description!

The way I see it, pilot characters have no need to have a ship synergy description, they're pilots! A lot of people might not realize Biggs is an ace pilot in the EU so they added this to his description.

I don't say that other won't get synergies. I believe that a well known ship pilot like Biggs gets a better synergy than a no name pilot like RP.

Right, which is why GS doesn't hit like a Mack truck.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.”
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    KennyKonif wrote: »

Right, which is why GS doesn't hit like a Mack truck.

Why do you need to have a name to hit hard. He is one of many soldiers that are hitting hard. He has no leader ability because he is no Poggle. He just hit hard, nothing more nothing special.

Drake23, Its a trap
  • Unlike all the other "pilots" in the game, Biggs is useless. He really NEEDS the ship synergies. Tie pilot is great damage and faster than Biggs. Resistance pilot is great damage and faster than Biggs. Ackbar and Poe have specific jobs and do them well enough. There are prolly others I can't think of.

The closest comparison though to Biggs is frankly GS. Both Agi based, assist attack carrying, and similar hp heroes with self benefitting uniques. Why is Biggs so bad compared to GS? Does half his damage and has 40 less speed. They label him as a support heroes but he in no way supports anyone any differently than GS who they label an attacker. Guess this turned into a buff Biggs paragraph.. But my point was that he above anyone else really NEEDS the ship synergies as he is very sub par.
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    It will take less than 30 days to reach max stars in GW shipments, so it is a good place to try something and look into the future how the game will be in 3-4 months. We all want to be number one ;-)
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • I am not looking forward to ships. So much more grinding
    It will take less than 30 days to reach max stars in GW shipments, so it is a good place to try something and look into the future how the game will be in 3-4 months. We all want to be number one ;-)

not me i want to be number 7
  • Yeah, no doubt..it's all fun and games until you need to grind 50 "jet propulsion gears" or 50 "x-wing mufflers" to go with your new ship..
    *Ninth* time. That business on Cato Neimodia doesn't- doesn't count.