Imperial probe droid in sith raid any good?

So I was looking through ipd skills and was reading into its self destruct ability and the damage it deals. How effective is it during phases 2 through 4 of sith raid avoiding nihilus for obvious reasons because of his protection. Since the ability specifies damage dealt based on some form of calculation of the enemy target's max health I would only assume it would only be good against sion or traya if it works on raid bosses at all.

Replies

• Options
    It only does 99999 damage to a raid boss, so not good. Same for Savage and Nilly.
  • Options
    Well considering ipd would be used more for a suicide squad team than anything else I think that's somewhat impressive considering some of my decent cannon fodder teams for the final phase of sith raid against traya alone cant do that much damage.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    It only does 99999 damage to a raid boss, so not good. Same for Savage and Nilly.

And IPD can only do that once. Savage and Nihilus have a chance to do that several times (though I think Savage's damage is more limited, can't recall the 99k damage when I last used it on a raid boss regardless of health).
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »

And IPD can only do that once. Savage and Nihilus have a chance to do that several times (though I think Savage's damage is more limited, can't recall the 99k damage when I last used it on a raid boss regardless of health).

Has that been changed? Because last I heard/knew, ipd did nothing against raid bosses, immunity to mass health damages. The only reason Nihilus does 99k is because annihilate actually does zero damage so the devs gave him that damage for use against raid bosses.
  • Kookermader
    410 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

But good luck getting your Nihilus to use annihilate multiple times in an HSTR run. With all the TMR and cooldown increase, your Nihilus is more likely to get killed before he can even annihilate once.
  • TVF
    36602 posts Member
    Options

Has that been changed? Because last I heard/knew, ipd did nothing against raid bosses, immunity to mass health damages. The only reason Nihilus does 99k is because annihilate actually does zero damage so the devs gave him that damage for use against raid bosses.

I think it was changed last update.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36602 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

And I was right.

RAID - Updated raid bosses to take a flat reduced damage amount from massive damage effects. Both Imperial Probe Droid and Savage Opress will now deal this reduced damage against raid bosses if the right conditions are met for their abilities rather than IPD dealing no damage and Savage reverting back to his standard ability damage. Raid bosses' Fearsome Foe ability descriptions have been updated to reflect this change and also to clarify that destroy effects such as Darth Nihilus' Annihilate instead deal the full massive damage amount
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

And I was right.

RAID - Updated raid bosses to take a flat reduced damage amount from massive damage effects. Both Imperial Probe Droid and Savage Opress will now deal this reduced damage against raid bosses if the right conditions are met for their abilities rather than IPD dealing no damage and Savage reverting back to his standard ability damage. Raid bosses' Fearsome Foe ability descriptions have been updated to reflect this change and also to clarify that destroy effects such as Darth Nihilus' Annihilate instead deal the full massive damage amount

Nice, ty I missed that
  • Options
    #tb12isgoat
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Tb12isgoat wrote: »
    #tb12isgoat

#deflategate