Sith/Jedi and Smuggler/Bounty Huner in Ships

AntiHeld
237 posts Member
You often see threads about Sith, Jedi, BH, etc. capital ships etc. as suggestions on the forums these days. While I think that makes no sense since they would command or support a fleet, but there would not be a fleet entirely composed of them, anoter suggestion came to my mind:

Why not give a bonus to every ds/ls fleet utilizing these factions? Dark side capitals could have a small bonus ability for sith and one for bounty hunters. Light side could have those for having a jedi and/or smugglers in the fleet.
Ideas would be that BH in dark side fleets can ignore taunt. Sith provide the fleet with a bonus to attack and a smaller deduction to defence. Smugglers restore some health and protection. Jedi a dodge bonus or something.
Just some first ideas, but i would find those support abilities much more fitting then capital ships for those factions.

Replies

• DarthKoon
    449 posts Member
    Ummm. .. why would they have these bonuses. It seems kinda random. Really we do need more capital ships but I think they should be Separatists and First Order and stuff.
  • AntiHeld
    237 posts Member
    DarthKoon wrote: »
    Ummm. .. why would they have these bonuses. It seems kinda random. Really we do need more capital ships but I think they should be Separatists and First Order and stuff.

to add some fluff to the team composition. To add some LS/DS-feeling. For ages it didn't matter how you mix your fleet. The opposote was true: Biggs was even a better tank in imp fleets with all the TL-Basic attacks and synergy there.
    The wording of the bonuses are just suggestions. BH seek their target. Sith are by nature more offensive then defensive. Smugglers provide supplies and support -> perhaps a heal is not the most iconic thing to represent that but fits not too bad. Jedi a more defensive touch.

So in the end its just an alternative idea to give some flavour to factions without a capital ship.

• DarthKoon
    449 posts Member
    Yes but it's not really anything like actual star wars.
  • AntiHeld
    237 posts Member
    actually fits pretty good into canon.
  • DarthKoon
    449 posts Member
    How??