Padme in arena

Teague
939 posts Member
This is mostly just a frustration post. I'm trying my best to use Padme in arena. The devs said specifically that she's meant to be good in PvP. So I built the team up. Have every zeta, all gear 12, except Padme at gear 10. But she struggles so hard with Jedi Revan, she's basically useless in arena.

She seems good against Darth Revan. Maybe they designed her to counter that. But if a team can't beat Jedi Revan, they can't even reach top 50 where Darth Revan is. Between rank 50 - 200, there's probably around 140 Jedi Revan teams. If a team can't survive and climb thru them, it's really irrelevant how well she counters Darth Revan.

Maybe I shouldn't have invested so many zeta into them. My Night Sister team does way better on offense, and even holds better on defense. I'm being pushed back in rank further than I have been in years. I was over 200 at one point yesterday, which hasn't happened in a very long time.

Padme does well against most every team I fight. But if you can't beat Jedi Revan, then you can't beat the only team that really matters. And you have no place in arena.

Praying a Mace rework saves this team.

Replies

• I find barris works Better than Yoda vs Jedi revan. If Ashoka gets marked first it's already game over. Strange I never lose vs Darth revan/malak but yeah Jedi revan is a tough match-up.
    Even if Ashoka doesn't get marked first it's an up hill climb
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Strange that no padme team yet has beat my DR malak team.....
  • DrPaedan
    60 posts Member
    Which character are you using in the 5th slot? GMYoda, R2D2 or C3PO? How have you modded them, and specifically what speeds are they?

I am testing the slow Padmé /C3PO team in Arena (all G12, just missing Anakin and Padme’s Unique Zetas) and they can beat most DRevan teams, only hard part is dealing with Malak in the end (basically if you can get Heal Immunity on him with Anakin’s basic you’ll win).

Obviously once you get your Padmé to G12 you’ll have an easier time. I recommend trying the slow modded version of this team (Search YouTube for how to mod them) as you’ll be able to save your fastest mods and GMYoda and R2D2 for your other teams.

Hope this helps.
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Kokie wrote: »

How would you know that? Shard chat? How fast are your Darth revan and bastilla?

Edit:
    Your bastilla is only 288 so I would beat it no problem. Maybe it's cause you're #1 and everyone around you already has Dr and malak and not bothered with padme
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member

How would you know that? Shard chat? How fast are your Darth revan and bastilla?

Edit:
    Your bastilla is only 288 so I would beat it no problem. Maybe it's cause you're #1 and everyone around you already has Dr and malak and not bothered with padme

I'm talking ga and tw more than anything....all the padme's in shard are above 50 so they never make it close to 1. Btw don't let the 288 full you lol mods are switched for ga till it's over lol
  • Kokie wrote: »

Edit:

I'm talking ga and tw more than anything....all the padme's in shard are above 50 so they never make it close to 1. Btw don't let the 288 full you lol mods are switched for ga till it's over lol

:D:D:D:D
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    DrPaedan wrote: »
    Which character are you using in the 5th slot? GMYoda, R2D2 or C3PO? How have you modded them, and specifically what speeds are they?

I am testing the slow Padmé /C3PO team in Arena (all G12, just missing Anakin and Padme’s Unique Zetas) and they can beat most DRevan teams, only hard part is dealing with Malak in the end (basically if you can get Heal Immunity on him with Anakin’s basic you’ll win).

Obviously once you get your Padmé to G12 you’ll have an easier time. I recommend trying the slow modded version of this team (Search YouTube for how to mod them) as you’ll be able to save your fastest mods and GMYoda and R2D2 for your other teams.

Hope this helps.

I've been using Yoda and Barris. Can't decide which one.

How is slow better?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Teague wrote: »

She seems good against Darth Revan. Maybe they designed her to counter that. But if a team can't beat Jedi Revan, they can't even reach top 50 where Darth Revan is. Between rank 50 - 200, there's probably around 140 Jedi Revan teams. If a team can't survive and climb thru them, it's really irrelevant how well she counters Darth Revan.

Except you could always use a different team to climb against JKR and then switch to Padme to fight the DRs when you get to them.
  • Teague wrote: »

Hope this helps.

I've been using Yoda and Barris. Can't decide which one.

How is slow better?

Usually vs DRevan/Malak, the slow Padmé/C3PO build basically lets the other side do all their moves first, then Padme will use her cleanse, which gives 50% bonus protection (10% per GR ally) plus an additional 10% more per debufff cleansed above themselves. This allows you to get a massive stack of Courage above the others as they start their turn (funny thing, C3PO can accumulate like 70+ stacks above him as the match goes on but he can’t use any of it). Done properly, you can one shot most of the enemy with the following moves by GK, Anakin, Ahsoka. Kill off FBast, HK47, STrooper then DRevan, leaving Malak last. C3PO should be fast (god mods not necessary), but the speeds of the others should be set so they go GK, Anakin, Ahsoka then Padmé (like 255, 254, 253, 252).

Did you do the YouTube search I recommended?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    252 is a SLOW Padme? :(
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    252 is a SLOW Padme? :(

I mean, yeah. Padme's base speed is 170. Even taking out her two G12+ pieces, that puts your base speed at 158. 94 bonus speed shouldn't exactly break the bank. Even if you're not using a speed set, that's a speed primary arrow, and an average of 13 (12.8 actually, but who's counting) speed secondaries on the others. With a speed set, you don't even need that much - 8.2 average speed secondaries.
  • Diangelo1973
    19 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    ...but the speeds of the others should be set so they go GK, Anakin, Ahsoka then Padmé (like 255, 254, 253, 252).
  • If you have GK going before Padme isn’t he going to cleanse the buffs before she can turn them into protection up!
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    If you have GK going before Padme isn’t he going to cleanse the buffs before she can turn them into protection up!

Im pretty sure this strategy is for climbing.

On defense, drevan will demolish you anyway. But that shouldn't discourage you, drevan demolishes any team except stronger drevans.
  • Teague wrote: »
    This is mostly just a frustration post. I'm trying my best to use Padme in arena. The devs said specifically that she's meant to be good in PvP. So I built the team up. Have every zeta, all gear 12, except Padme at gear 10. But she struggles so hard with Jedi Revan, she's basically useless in arena.

Maybe I shouldn't have invested so many zeta into them. My Night Sister team does way better on offense, and even holds better on defense. I'm being pushed back in rank further than I have been in years. I was over 200 at one point yesterday, which hasn't happened in a very long time.

Padme does well against most every team I fight. But if you can't beat Jedi Revan, then you can't beat the only team that really matters. And you have no place in arena.

I'm on the exact same boat as you with Padme on PvP. I've dumped a ton of zetas and omegas getting everyone to gear 12 and I still have to see a sliver of ROI on this team. My regular NS arena team does a better job holding out on offense and defense compared to Padme.

I've switched around with Barris and Yoda with no luck whatsoever against JK Revan teams. Even teams with purple rims, I still get pummelled.

I'm just gonna wait for that golden 5th member for this team to possibly work in Arena, cause at the moment, it's been a complete waste of resources.
  • Azazel61
    68 posts Member
    edited June 2019

So climb to 50 with JKR, then switch to Padme... we have one guy running Padme and takes 1 daily. He doesn’t drop below 30 so doesn’t have to deal with JKR.

Edit: his 5th is Yoda with 325 speed.