Leave GA alone

Replies

  • Liath wrote: »
    So if I ever used Jawas to farm CD mods does that make me qualified to have an opinion? (You know they weren’t required to be 7* or level 85 to do that right?)

    Not all of us had the foresight to farm them to the bare minimum required. Some of us thought "well what the H*ll does it hurt to try and use these guys for HAAT" or "hey I have these crap toons sitting around that I was forced to farm so why not throw this extra useless gear on them". Fast forward 2 years and Hey what do you know that was mistake...

    Not to mention how asinine it is to force people to collect items in a collection based game.... and then punish them for it.

    A better solution to the issue you have is added content/reworks to make the older characters that were once req more useful.

    I'll use jawas as an example. They could add a pve jawa event. Then you would get added rewards for having better jawas. This would at least somewhat offset less rewards for GA.

    It would also encourage more of the community to farm jawas since they would get more rewards. That combined with a rework that made them a decent counter to a b team in GA would help as well.

    They do seem to be doing that to an extent. We have had separatist reworks and will likely have more (geos) followed by clones and some galactic republic.

    But an event that drops a zeta or two (or 3 or 4 if we could get that lucky) would get more people farming jawas and decrease the fluff gap.

    I would suggest this for teams that were once needed but now aren't. For characters like CUP that were never useful, it's on you that you geared them. You still get the advantage in TB as a consolation.
  • Voltarc
    96 posts Member
    edited May 25
    Liath wrote: »
    [quote=

    Do you honestly not see how buying Phoenix to get Thrawn has nothing whatsoever to do with what we are talking about here? This thread,
    including your comment which I responded to, is about GP being inflated by useless characters that you had to farm for some reason. Whether you got Phoenix by farming them slowly or buying them quickly has literally no bearing on your fluff GP. No matter how you got them, they have to be 7* and at the minimum level/gear required to complete the event. You cannot buy your way out of the fluff GP.

    I’ll remind you that YOU brought up Thrawn as an example of a legendary character...when I was talking about ALL of the characters most players normally upgrade during play. I know the examples got long so to refocus:

    MOST players had over 100 characters that they had to some point upgraded to complete territory wars or the hundreds of non pvp events even though their main focus may have been their PVP team.
    THEN you drop grand arena in and somehow overnight it is these players fault for actually playing the game.

    So it should not be hard for you to imagine how angry it makes a player with 160 geared up characters to take people who did not gear up anything but the premium characters which they “bought” though to be more precise....the premium characters they got after buying all the side characters needed to get the meta characters that are running over everything in arena.

    It is possible you don’t know what I’m talking about because you don’t have a high GP. I was focusing on territory wars and farmed super effectively...

    When I go into grand arena I see players who have at least 5 to 6 times as many gold gear characters as me yet they have not even put gear on 10 percent of their roster. I have 90 percent of my roster geared as high as can be done without diverting rare gear from my pvp teams. Almost all my characters are 6000 GP or above and can be used in territory war. And only about 20 of them are usually effective in grand arena...the rest get squashed.

    So yes...a knife in the back is the polite way to describe a grand arena that permanently makes you face players who have both revans, Chewbacca, Malik, etc all maxed out when you still are grinding your way through the characters needed to get them.

    Do you really think I should be taking on Revan teams the week those guys came out? I don’t! I’m not able to spend that kind of money...and even if I did...that would just push my GP higher and I would face even harder teams!

    There is NO way to get out of this...even if I become a millionaire. It would be easier to just start a second account and start over. The forum rules do not let me properly express how angry this makes me!!!
    Post edited by Voltarc on
  • YaeVizsla
    3015 posts Member
    Voltarc wrote: »
    I’ll remind you that YOU brought up Thrawn as an example of a legendary character...when I was talking about ALL of the characters most players normally upgrade during play. I know the examples got long so to refocus:

    MOST players had over 100 characters that they had to some point upgraded to complete territory wars or the hundreds of non pvp events even though their main focus may have been their PVP team.
    THEN you drop grand arena in and somehow overnight it is these players fault for actually playing the game.

    So it should not be hard for you to imagine how angry it makes a player with 160 geared up characters to take people who did not gear up anything but the premium characters which they “bought” though to be more precise....the premium characters they got after buying all the side characters needed to get the meta characters that are running over everything in arena.

    It is possible you don’t know what I’m talking about because you don’t have a high GP. I was focusing on territory wars and farmed super effectively...

    When I go into grand arena I see players who have at least 5 to 6 times as many gold gear characters as me yet they have not even put gear on 10 percent of their roster. I have 90 percent of my roster geared as high as can be done without diverting rare gear from my pvp teams. Almost all my characters are 6000 GP or above and can be used in territory war. And only about 20 of them are usually effective in grand arena...the rest get squashed.

    So yes...a knife in the back is the polite way to describe a grand arena that permanently makes you face players who have both revans, Chewbacca, Malik, etc all maxed out when you still are grinding your way through the characters needed to get them.

    Do you really think I should be taking on Revan teams the week those guys came out? I don’t! I’m not able to spend that kind of money...and even if I did...that would just push my GP higher and I would face even harder teams!

    There is NO way to get out of this...even if I become a millionaire. It would be easier to just start a second account and start over. The forum rules do not let me properly express how angry this makes me!!!
    Buddy, if you're regularly up against people who have both Revans and Malak and you have twenty useful characters, the issue isn't the matchmaking algorithm. The issue is you.

    I'm 3.25 million GP, and I do not regularly see Drevalak teams. Which tells me that if you do, you're at a higher GP than me. My roster is not hyper focused. I star up toons I don't need, I place scrap gear, I unlock all abilities and get them to level 3. I have a lot of fluff GP. I still have ten, good, solid useful teams before getting into the sketchy stuff that still often manages to be useful. For you to have twenty useful units, that means you have four useful teams. How do you even manage that?

    I cannot believe that is the state of your roster yet you are useful in territory wars unless you are in a guild way below your weight class, 'cuz if you were, in fact, focusing on territory war, you'd have way more useful characters than that. And we've had time since GA happened. You're still at twenty useful units? Or you've worked your way up to that point?

    The problem is not the matchmaking algorithm. The problem isn't the whales, nor that you aren't spending.
    There is no betrayal. There are no knives in backs. The problem is you, and your poor ability to leverage assets. And because you are gaming badly, you are earning your losses.
    Still not a he.
  • Liath
    4545 posts Member
    Voltarc wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    [quote=

    Do you honestly not see how buying Phoenix to get Thrawn has nothing whatsoever to do with what we are talking about here? This thread,
    including your comment which I responded to, is about GP being inflated by useless characters that you had to farm for some reason. Whether you got Phoenix by farming them slowly or buying them quickly has literally no bearing on your fluff GP. No matter how you got them, they have to be 7* and at the minimum level/gear required to complete the event. You cannot buy your way out of the fluff GP.

    I’ll remind you that YOU brought up Thrawn as an example of a legendary character...when I was talking about ALL of the characters most players normally upgrade during play. I know the examples got long so to refocus:

    MOST players had over 100 characters that they had to some point upgraded to complete territory wars or the hundreds of non pvp events even though their main focus may have been their PVP team.
    THEN you drop grand arena in and somehow overnight it is these players fault for actually playing the game.

    So it should not be hard for you to imagine how angry it makes a player with 160 geared up characters to take people who did not gear up anything but the premium characters which they “bought” though to be more precise....the premium characters they got after buying all the side characters needed to get the meta characters that are running over everything in arena.

    It is possible you don’t know what I’m talking about because you don’t have a high GP. I was focusing on territory wars and farmed super effectively...

    When I go into grand arena I see players who have at least 5 to 6 times as many gold gear characters as me yet they have not even put gear on 10 percent of their roster. I have 90 percent of my roster geared as high as can be done without diverting rare gear from my pvp teams. Almost all my characters are 6000 GP or above and can be used in territory war. And only about 20 of them are usually effective in grand arena...the rest get squashed.

    So yes...a knife in the back is the polite way to describe a grand arena that permanently makes you face players who have both revans, Chewbacca, Malik, etc all maxed out when you still are grinding your way through the characters needed to get them.

    Do you really think I should be taking on Revan teams the week those guys came out? I don’t! I’m not able to spend that kind of money...and even if I did...that would just push my GP higher and I would face even harder teams!

    There is NO way to get out of this...even if I become a millionaire. It would be easier to just start a second account and start over. The forum rules do not let me properly express how angry this makes me!!!

    Please share your roster. If “most” players did the same brilliant stuff you did, then you should most of the time be playing people like that in GA. If the majority of people you face have better rosters than you, maybe it’s because you didn’t make the same choices as everyone else, or choices that were required, but rather made choices that weren’t required that you now have to live with.

    I brought up Thrawn because YOU said somebody could shortcut the fluffing process by buying the legendary characters. Buying the characters to get Thrawn, again, still requires starring and leveling those characters. Nobody is shortcutting that.

    If you think the only reason somebody has a more focused roster than you is that they spent money, you are way off base.
  • Voltarc
    96 posts Member
    edited May 25
    To Yae and Liath: I have 3.4 GP and currently 10 gold geared characters (up from 6 or 7 at start of Grand Arena.). I have been playing just under 2 years and think I’m doing just great thank you. I have spent about 20 bucks on this game and probably won’t spend any more because like I said it seems to be a hole to waste your money. It would cost thousands to make a significant change. I agree the problem is me...I have not spent nearly enough money. I just scanned through the other 7 players. Two have 46 gold gear characters the weakest looking player has 21 gold gear. When I say I have about 20 effective fighters I mean that I have about 10 characters or so that are not gold gear that I can use to sometimes use to kill the defensive characters. Most of these players should be able to slaughter most any defense I put up, but sometimes I get lucky (or they mess up) and only clear a few areas. I got the phonix squad fairly early and was able to get Thrawn fairly fast mainly because I watched the show and they appeared to be pretty good. Was still gearing up an emperor lead sith team. So I got lucky twice when they added thrawn and reworked the emperor. So other than the classic emperor lead making up 5 of my gold gear characters the rest are crew for my arena ships. I got biggs early with a maxed out Ackbar capital ship. (Don’t laugh it got me to top 50 in arena) and my main mistake was I should have switched to my maxed out Chimera faster when Bosk’s ship became a thing. (I currently have a gold gear Bossk). So if I had focused all my grinding on old republic I might have gotten Jedi Revan by now but to do that I would not have been able to work on my arena ships. (Which had priority prior to Grand Arena)

    My opponents REALLY have about 4 Jedi Revans, Malik, about 3 Treyas, etc and in most cases those characters are also gold gear. As far as I can tell I was right in line with what I was supposed to do... and in fact got very lucky and twice focused on critical teams before they became meta changers. Some people ignored ships and maybe that is what a mostly free to play player should do though I believe the ship arena scores were well worth the effort. However even there I am feeling the squeeze: already took on an all Rebal team with the falcon which does seem to be the new top meta team. My current chimera team with Bossk is probably the second best meta team, but I happen to have most of the rebel ships close to were they need to be...if I can upgrade two bounty hunter ships a bit more I’ll have the falcon also.
  • TVF
    15875 posts Member
    edited May 25
    At 3.4m GP you should have way more G12 toons. That has nothing to do with money spent.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    4545 posts Member
    Voltarc wrote: »
    To Yae and Liath: I have 3.4 GP and currently 10 gold geared characters (up from 6 or 7 at start of Grand Arena.). I have been playing just under 2 years and think I’m doing just great thank you. I have spent about 20 bucks on this game and probably won’t spend any more because like I said it seems to be a hole to waste your money. It would cost thousands to make a significant change. I agree the problem is me...I have not spent nearly enough money. I just scanned through the other 7 players. Two have 46 gold gear characters the weakest looking player has 21 gold gear. When I say I have about 20 effective fighters I mean that I have about 10 characters or so that are not gold gear that I can use to sometimes use to kill the defensive characters. Most of these players should be able to slaughter most any defense I put up, but sometimes I get lucky (or they mess up) and only clear a few areas. I got the phonix squad fairly early and was able to get Thrawn fairly fast mainly because I watched the show and they appeared to be pretty good. Was still gearing up an emperor lead sith team. So I got lucky twice when they added thrawn and reworked the emperor. So other than the classic emperor lead making up 5 of my gold gear characters the rest are crew for my arena ships. I got biggs early with a maxed out Ackbar capital ship. (Don’t laugh it got me to top 50 in arena) and my main mistake was I should have switched to my maxed out Chimera faster when Bosk’s ship became a thing. (I currently have a gold gear Bossk). So if I had focused all my grinding on old republic I might have gotten Jedi Revan by now but to do that I would not have been able to work on my arena ships. (Which had priority prior to Grand Arena)

    My opponents REALLY have about 4 Jedi Revans, Malik, about 3 Treyas, etc and in most cases those characters are also gold gear. As far as I can tell I was right in line with what I was supposed to do... and in fact got very lucky and twice focused on critical teams before they became meta changers. Some people ignored ships and maybe that is what a mostly free to play player should do though I believe the ship arena scores were well worth the effort. However even there I am feeling the squeeze: already took on an all Rebal team with the falcon which does seem to be the new top meta team. My current chimera team with Bossk is probably the second best meta team, but I happen to have most of the rebel ships close to were they need to be...if I can upgrade two bounty hunter ships a bit more I’ll have the falcon also.

    It's great that you think you're amazing and did everything right. But if you think the only way everybody you see is ahead of you on g12 and meta characters is that they spent thousands of dollars, you're very very very very wrong.
    Voltarc wrote: »
    It is possible you don’t know what I’m talking about because you don’t have a high GP. I was focusing on territory wars and farmed super effectively...

    Since my GP is higher than yours, I'm going to go ahead and conclude that this isn't the issue.
  • Voltarc
    96 posts Member
    edited May 25
    It is hard to explain this to some players: when I look and see all my opponents have not geared almost 100 characters it is clear that these players are focused on grand arena and keeping their GP low. I don’t want to fight them! Their GP should be at least twice mine. I feel great disgust at the suggestion that I should keep my GP low so I also can victimize players. Keeping your GP artificially low should not be they key to winning in Grand Arena. If your going to bracket everyone to GP then the rewards for whining with high GP should also be higher. Because the brackets start is not based on winning or losing...you are literally saying the high GP players are “better” and should only play others on the same level. This will encourage players who should be high GP to do something other than handicap most of there team just so they can compete against weaker players. If you are constantly trying to fight the weakest players your not really proving your the best. When you target the best and you beat them...then you are the best. So there should be greater rewards for a high GP...or use something besides GP to determine the bracket.
  • Voltarc wrote: »
    It is hard to explain this to some players: when I look and see all my opponents have not geared almost 100 characters it is clear that these players are focused on grand arena and keeping their GP low. I don’t want to fight them! Their GP should be at least twice mine. I feel great disgust at the suggestion that I should keep my GP low so I also can victimize players. Keeping your GP artificially low should not be they key to winning in Grand Arena. If your going to bracket everyone to GP then the rewards for whining with high GP should also be higher. Because the brackets start is not based on winning or losing...you are literally saying the high GP players are “better” and should only play others on the same level. This will encourage players who should be high GP to do something other than handicap most of there team just so they can compete against weaker players. If you are constantly trying to fight the weakest players your not really proving your the best. When you target the best and you beat them...then you are the best. So there should be greater rewards for a high GP...or use something besides GP to determine the bracket.
    Not any harder to explain than to make you understand that there is no point in spreading your resources to every subpar toon. Players who have toons at G1 lv 1 probably just understand better that there is no use to a character that is locked at G7 and hence there is no point in investing in the said toon before having the possibility to gear them any further.
    It's not artifcial GP management, but rather a smarter use of resources. And this comes from someone with a 3+ year old account with at least 300-500k GP from toons I don't use.
  • Voltarc
    96 posts Member
    edited May 29
    Raid gear and some of the gear needed by everyone is the main choke point holding most players back... it is possible some players geared the wrong guy...or bought the wrong stuff... but if you play efficiently free to play your GP will get high but your top geared guys lag behind... in another words you can only slowly upgrade to gear 12 a few at a time even though everything else is quickly hitting the lower gear levels. So your gear 10 or 11’s CAN come in handy but it fells like fighting with one arm tied behind your back. If your opponent is halfway competent they should win every time. This means effective free to play strats burns you in grand arena and buying the last critical gear with cash lets you get those critical characters without grinding as much. Normally you would work with your guild and do everything you can to scavenge every last bit of gear you can... but now you get burned for that in grand arena...the high GP free to play players are seeing equal GP big spenders....who have gone ahead and bought that last bit of gear without much impact on their GP. Those last few levels of gear have an impact on grand arena out of line with actually rise in GP and is rather unsatisfying to the Free to play or near free to play players who have to play them....every match. In the regular arena you only rarely see a player like this...and then usually only as you get near the top of rank in grand arena after winning a lot. In Grand Arena you can see half your opponents like this, even if you have not won a single match, or won because the other guy did not play lol. I see mostly players who have about 20 to 26 gear 12’s and 40 to 42 gear 12’s. I have 10 lol. Why? It appears that investing in fleets lets your GP grow like crazy...I can use 4 fleets and odds are all 4 them will be higher GP than some of my opponents. Also the mods.... I have modded everyone....and geared everyone with the extra gear...so my weak guys can probably beat you weak guys lol. I think if I was not doing this my GP could probably drop 50% which would probably put me in line with weaker guys I’m seeing. To match up with the top tear (who at this GP have about 40 gear 13) I would need to spend a lot more money...not sure how much because of my GP drops 50% I might not need as much money lol.
    But I have bad news lol: I’m not doing any of that. I’m going to play the same way I have been and I am going to complain about how unfair Grand Arena ranks are (because they are) lol...and if you actually lose to me...I’ll try to be humble and not rub the salt in to much lol
    Post edited by Voltarc on
  • Voltarc
    96 posts Member
    Not any harder to explain than to make you understand that there is no point in spreading your resources to every subpar toon. Players who have toons at G1 lv 1 probably just understand better that there is no use to a character that is locked at G7 and hence there is no point in investing in the said toon before having the possibility to gear them any further.
    It's not artifcial GP management, but rather a smarter use of resources. And this comes from someone with a 3+ year old account with at least 300-500k GP from toons I don't use.

    Smarter use of resources...I literally gear my arena teams first. Upgrade others only with gear they don’t need. This helps you clear other events, which the whole point of them is to get you to use subpar characters. Not to mention the clan events were high GP is literally a requirement to clear those pesky stars! Prior to Grand Arena you strategy was lazy at best, and it hurts your clan, and possibly causes you to miss out on events that use the subpar characters. You have to ignore most of the other events and burn your clan to say that is “smart”.
    Not to mention there is no taking back gear. You use it adds to your GP....your literally saying you were “dumb” to put extra gear on anyone not going above 7G. You were not dumb...you did not know about grand arena....you reasonably could not expect the developers to demand high GP for clans and then undercut it all latter. I’m still not clear the developers expected players to in mass try to lower their GP. But whatever they expected that is what happened...and no I am not starting another account just to play Grand Arena. Fix it! It will tick some players off if you do...but they probably can raise there GP if needed, and are very likely to spend whatever is needed to get back on top! It actually might make more money lol
  • TVF
    15875 posts Member
    While I still prefer rooster, roaster is pretty strong.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    4545 posts Member
    Voltarc wrote: »
    No I think some players spent thousands more than because they have Malik and/or other critical characters the week they came out. Not sure how much it costs just to gear a character (few hundred?) but if some of those players played long enough I would expect them to have better gear...and while I openly pointed out several mistakes I made I still beat the pants of the free to play guys that started at same time.

    If you plan properly in advance, both getting and gearing the legendary/journey characters the week they come out costs $0. But you wouldn’t understand that because managing resources is a foreign concept to you.
    Voltarc wrote: »
    It is possible you don’t know what I’m talking about because you don’t have a high GP. I was focusing on territory wars and farmed super effectively...


    Since my GP is higher than yours, I'm going to go ahead and conclude that this isn't the issue.

    Ah I see, so really we understand each other perfectly: you believe sandbagging you roaster when you have the gear sitting around collecting dust is a strategy that make you good... and I just see someone using an exploit to get any easy bracket for easy wins that is ruining grand arena.

    From the fact that my GP is higher than yours, you conclude this? That’s rich.
  • YaeVizsla
    3015 posts Member
    Voltarc wrote: »
    To Yae and Liath: I have 3.4 GP and currently 10 gold geared characters (up from 6 or 7 at start of Grand Arena.). I have been playing just under 2 years and think I’m doing just great thank you. I have spent about 20 bucks on this game and probably won’t spend any more because like I said it seems to be a hole to waste your money. It would cost thousands to make a significant change. I agree the problem is me...I have not spent nearly enough money. I just scanned through the other 7 players. Two have 46 gold gear characters the weakest looking player has 21 gold gear. When I say I have about 20 effective fighters I mean that I have about 10 characters or so that are not gold gear that I can use to sometimes use to kill the defensive characters. Most of these players should be able to slaughter most any defense I put up, but sometimes I get lucky (or they mess up) and only clear a few areas. I got the phonix squad fairly early and was able to get Thrawn fairly fast mainly because I watched the show and they appeared to be pretty good. Was still gearing up an emperor lead sith team. So I got lucky twice when they added thrawn and reworked the emperor. So other than the classic emperor lead making up 5 of my gold gear characters the rest are crew for my arena ships. I got biggs early with a maxed out Ackbar capital ship. (Don’t laugh it got me to top 50 in arena) and my main mistake was I should have switched to my maxed out Chimera faster when Bosk’s ship became a thing. (I currently have a gold gear Bossk). So if I had focused all my grinding on old republic I might have gotten Jedi Revan by now but to do that I would not have been able to work on my arena ships. (Which had priority prior to Grand Arena)

    My opponents REALLY have about 4 Jedi Revans, Malik, about 3 Treyas, etc and in most cases those characters are also gold gear. As far as I can tell I was right in line with what I was supposed to do... and in fact got very lucky and twice focused on critical teams before they became meta changers. Some people ignored ships and maybe that is what a mostly free to play player should do though I believe the ship arena scores were well worth the effort. However even there I am feeling the squeeze: already took on an all Rebal team with the falcon which does seem to be the new top meta team. My current chimera team with Bossk is probably the second best meta team, but I happen to have most of the rebel ships close to were they need to be...if I can upgrade two bounty hunter ships a bit more I’ll have the falcon also.
    I've been playing slightly longer than you have, but missed a couple months due to military deployment. I also bought a small early purchase but haven't spent since. I am 3.25 million GP.

    I have 29 G12 characters. Since GA was announced, I have G12'd Jedi Knight Revan, Bastila Shan, Jolee Bindo, Grandmaster Yoda, General Kenobi, Canderous Ordo, HK-47, Rose Tico, and Ewok Elder, and Wicket.

    I, a person with comparable spending habits, GP, and play time to you, have G12'd as many units as you have in your entire roster. And I also have a G12 Biggs. Who I still use. And some currently homeless G12s who seldom see use anymore or don't see use yet, like Resistance Trooper who got displaced everywhere but hSith by Rose or HK-47 who doesn't have a team yet. It's not money that's the problem here. It's your resource management.

    When you say looking through the bracket, there are four Revans, a Malak, and three Trayas, you're also saying four members of the bracket do not have Revan, seven do not have Malak, and five do not have Traya. Some people will have toons you don't have. This is not some grand betrayal. At this point, you've had three shots at Jedi Knight Revan. If you've missed all three, that's on you. Traya has been out for over a year. At 3.4 million, you can certainly get a place in an hSith guild. If you do not have her, that is because you've chosen to not have her. Which is an odd choice if your focus has been on Territory Wars. Jedi Knight Revan and Darth Traya are both extremely useful in Territory Wars.

    You've made bad choices. You are now facing the consequences of those bad choices. And the way out of the situation is not to spend thousands. It's to start spending your resources more effectively. The problem is not the fluff at the bottom of your roster. It's that you haven't built up the top.
    Voltarc wrote: »
    Ah I see, so really we understand each other perfectly: you believe sandbagging you roaster when you have the gear sitting around collecting dust is a strategy that make you good... and I just see someone using an exploit to get any easy bracket for easy wins that is ruining grand arena.
    This is a resource management game.

    Saving resources and spending them judiciously is not an exploit. It is the basic mode of play.

    What's more, the rewards for GA and the differences in the rewards brackets are not huge. Certainly not make-or-break. And if you seriously think people spending their resources wisely on characters they actually intend to use is an elaborate scheme to cheat at GA, you are overly fixated on small income differences.
    Still not a he.
  • leef
    12780 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

    I have 29 G12 characters. Since GA was announced, I have G12'd .... Rose Tico.....

    BALLER ALERT ! !
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    15875 posts Member
    I thought I got the BALLER ALERT ! ! for my G12 zHoldo, but that is definitely more worthy.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • YaeVizsla
    3015 posts Member
    I ran her in arena for a little while. I wouldn't say she's worth actively pursuing like I did, but she's pretty solid.
    Still not a he.
  • Voltarc
    96 posts Member

    YaeVizsla wrote: »

    I have 29 G12 characters. Since GA was announced, I have G12'd Jedi Knight Revan, Bastila Shan, Jolee Bindo, Grandmaster Yoda, General Kenobi, Canderous Ordo, HK-47, Rose Tico, and Ewok Elder, and Wicket.

    Thanks for sharing... your team is probably not one of the ones that makes me rage. I did just completely wipe out a player with 26 gold gear characters.
    Maybe another factor: All 10 of my G12’s also have all gold mods, and most of the G12+ Gear. A lot of the lower tear characters have class A mods as well...not possible for me to figure out how much mods effect it. I refuse to take mods off my low end characters just for lower GP as I am also participating in guild missions... and spend my crystal refreshing fairly even on mods and the regular light/dark refresh. So I pack a bit more punch than it may look like and it does seem a lot of players don’t set enough defense to stop me.
    And I am not really frustrated with any players for trying to sandbag for better grand arena...still think they should not be allowed to do it. It is a resource game...just that it is the opposite of the resource game need for everything else, does not fit the game, and discourages experimentation and trying different characters. Not to mention you really need a new account to just efficiently play grand arena...a horrible miss step on the part of the developers.
  • Voltarc
    96 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

    If you plan properly in advance, both getting and gearing the legendary/journey characters the week they come out costs $0. But you wouldn’t understand that because managing resources is a foreign concept to you.
    You mean by stockpiling enough crystal and gear? Yes maybe you can do that if you already bought your arena/ship arena teams. Good luck trying to get Malik that way...bottom line...these players spent some money. Can’t really stockpile much if you don’t HAVE a way to get to to the top of arena battles. I’ve just started to max out arena teams, and have had to make adjustments (adding Bossk and Thrawn) maybe that is not a big deal to the older players, but it eats up my resources fast. By the way, you putting mods on that? Getting the gold mods, is critical if you want to survive arena. So no, you can’t hide the fact that some of the players spent some serious cash to get ALL the legendary characters with gold mods lol. And they also get to play the poor free to play players who don’t have access (yet) to the same characters, through the simple exploit of keeping GP as low as possible. The legendary events have been stacked to prevent you from stockpiling as you suggest. You can do it....can’t get them all that way...fell sorry for you if you dumped that all on grevious by the way. Not a viable strategy for a new players...and if you are doing that you are only doing it by sacrificing something else that might be equally critical. (Feel sorry for you if you sacrificed ships and can’t zeta all your new stuff)
  • Liath
    4545 posts Member
    I did get Malak that way, and so did 881 other people, so please try again.

    And what exactly is it that you think people “should not be allowed to do”? People shouldn’t be allowed to save or spend their resources in the manner they choose or believe will be most effective?

    I’m not sure why you are focused on gold mods. Are you referring to 6* mods as gold even though they are actually gray? 6* aside, in most cases speed secondaries are a lot more significant than color.
  • YaeVizsla
    3015 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    I did get Malak that way, and so did 881 other people, so please try again.
    More than that. The 881 are the gold star F2Ps who never spent a dime on the game. That leaves out the people who spent some amount of money in the past but did not spend on Malak.

    And that's out of about fifteen thousand Malaks. So over 5% of the Malaks in the game were gold star F2P, and more than that were effectively F2P.
    Still not a he.
  • Voltarc wrote: »
    To Yae and Liath: I have 3.4 GP and currently 10 gold geared characters (up from 6 or 7 at start of Grand Arena.). I have been playing just under 2 years and think I’m doing just great thank you. I have spent about 20 bucks on this game and probably won’t spend any more because like I said it seems to be a hole to waste your money. It would cost thousands to make a significant change. I agree the problem is me...I have not spent nearly enough money. I just scanned through the other 7 players. Two have 46 gold gear characters the weakest looking player has 21 gold gear. When I say I have about 20 effective fighters I mean that I have about 10 characters or so that are not gold gear that I can use to sometimes use to kill the defensive characters. Most of these players should be able to slaughter most any defense I put up, but sometimes I get lucky (or they mess up) and only clear a few areas. I got the phonix squad fairly early and was able to get Thrawn fairly fast mainly because I watched the show and they appeared to be pretty good. Was still gearing up an emperor lead sith team. So I got lucky twice when they added thrawn and reworked the emperor. So other than the classic emperor lead making up 5 of my gold gear characters the rest are crew for my arena ships. I got biggs early with a maxed out Ackbar capital ship. (Don’t laugh it got me to top 50 in arena) and my main mistake was I should have switched to my maxed out Chimera faster when Bosk’s ship became a thing. (I currently have a gold gear Bossk). So if I had focused all my grinding on old republic I might have gotten Jedi Revan by now but to do that I would not have been able to work on my arena ships. (Which had priority prior to Grand Arena)

    My opponents REALLY have about 4 Jedi Revans, Malik, about 3 Treyas, etc and in most cases those characters are also gold gear. As far as I can tell I was right in line with what I was supposed to do... and in fact got very lucky and twice focused on critical teams before they became meta changers. Some people ignored ships and maybe that is what a mostly free to play player should do though I believe the ship arena scores were well worth the effort. However even there I am feeling the squeeze: already took on an all Rebal team with the falcon which does seem to be the new top meta team. My current chimera team with Bossk is probably the second best meta team, but I happen to have most of the rebel ships close to were they need to be...if I can upgrade two bounty hunter ships a bit more I’ll have the falcon also.

    You have several facacies in your arguements.

    1. At 3.4 mil gp, you don't see that many malak teams. I'm at around 3.5 mil go and got darth revan ftp. And I usually only see maybe one other darth revan team in my ga and usually it doesn't have malak. So it isn't like all you opponents are whales with malak.

    2. You don't have to spend money to have several good maxed teams. It just takes focus. I'm 100% ftp and I have enough good teams to win at you level easily enough.

    3. At 3.4 mil gp and two years playing you should have jkr and traya by now. No excuse not to. And you should have their teams maxed. Traya has been out for almost a year and a half as a raid reward and revan's event has run 3 times. If you didn't decide to focus on the two best teams that are ftp available that's on you.

    4. Focusing on ships doesn't mean you can't win in arena or ga. I have focused on ships and have had top arena teams in ship arena for well over a year and a half. I'm pretty sure the 400 crystals a day for taking 1st more than pays for the gear on a fleet arena team.

    5. You don't have to have the newest meta to do well in arena and ga. There are counters. The most recent 3 metas or so work pretty well. I get top 5 daily with no malak. I use dr to do so but jkr can still get up there as well with the right mods/strategy.

    So from your comments I can tell it isn't the matchmaking that is your problem.
  • Voltarc wrote: »
    It is hard to explain this to some players: when I look and see all my opponents have not geared almost 100 characters it is clear that these players are focused on grand arena and keeping their GP low. I don’t want to fight them! Their GP should be at least twice mine. I feel great disgust at the suggestion that I should keep my GP low so I also can victimize players. Keeping your GP artificially low should not be they key to winning in Grand Arena. If your going to bracket everyone to GP then the rewards for whining with high GP should also be higher. Because the brackets start is not based on winning or losing...you are literally saying the high GP players are “better” and should only play others on the same level. This will encourage players who should be high GP to do something other than handicap most of there team just so they can compete against weaker players. If you are constantly trying to fight the weakest players your not really proving your the best. When you target the best and you beat them...then you are the best. So there should be greater rewards for a high GP...or use something besides GP to determine the bracket.

    Or they only gear teams that they use for something. For example, once you can beat every pve event, do well in the raids (4 good hstr teams since there isn't time to run many more than that in a competitive guild anyway) there is little to focus on other than building good ga or tw teams.

    And if you build one or two teams at a time you usually end up with a lot of un geared characters. I have been doing it this way far longer than ga has been around. Mostly because I found that having a roster full of g5 or g7 characters did nothing to help me do better in any part of the game and usually only led to me having to waste energy farming a new character's low level gear because I had wasted it on a character I'm not using.
  • Voltarc
    96 posts Member
    Voltarc wrote: »
    To Yae and Liath: I have 3.4 GP and currently 10 gold geared characters (up from 6 or 7 at start of Grand Arena.). I have been playing just under 2 years and think I’m doing just great thank you. I have spent about 20 bucks on this game and probably won’t spend any more because like I said it seems to be a hole to waste your money. It would cost thousands to make a significant change. I agree the problem is me...I have not spent nearly enough money. I just scanned through the other 7 players. Two have 46 gold gear characters the weakest looking player has 21 gold gear. When I say I have about 20 effective fighters I mean that I have about 10 characters or so that are not gold gear that I can use to sometimes use to kill the defensive characters. Most of these players should be able to slaughter most any defense I put up, but sometimes I get lucky (or they mess up) and only clear a few areas. I got the phonix squad fairly early and was able to get Thrawn fairly fast mainly because I watched the show and they appeared to be pretty good. Was still gearing up an emperor lead sith team. So I got lucky twice when they added thrawn and reworked the emperor. So other than the classic emperor lead making up 5 of my gold gear characters the rest are crew for my arena ships. I got biggs early with a maxed out Ackbar capital ship. (Don’t laugh it got me to top 50 in arena) and my main mistake was I should have switched to my maxed out Chimera faster when Bosk’s ship became a thing. (I currently have a gold gear Bossk). So if I had focused all my grinding on old republic I might have gotten Jedi Revan by now but to do that I would not have been able to work on my arena ships. (Which had priority prior to Grand Arena)

    My opponents REALLY have about 4 Jedi Revans, Malik, about 3 Treyas, etc and in most cases those characters are also gold gear. As far as I can tell I was right in line with what I was supposed to do... and in fact got very lucky and twice focused on critical teams before they became meta changers. Some people ignored ships and maybe that is what a mostly free to play player should do though I believe the ship arena scores were well worth the effort. However even there I am feeling the squeeze: already took on an all Rebal team with the falcon which does seem to be the new top meta team. My current chimera team with Bossk is probably the second best meta team, but I happen to have most of the rebel ships close to were they need to be...if I can upgrade two bounty hunter ships a bit more I’ll have the falcon also.

    You have several facacies in your arguements.

    1. At 3.4 mil gp, you don't see that many malak teams. I'm at around 3.5 mil go and got darth revan ftp. And I usually only see maybe one other darth revan team in my ga and usually it doesn't have malak. So it isn't like all you opponents are whales with malak.

    2. You don't have to spend money to have several good maxed teams. It just takes focus. I'm 100% ftp and I have enough good teams to win at you level easily enough.

    3. At 3.4 mil gp and two years playing you should have jkr and traya by now. No excuse not to. And you should have their teams maxed. Traya has been out for almost a year and a half as a raid reward and revan's event has run 3 times. If you didn't decide to focus on the two best teams that are ftp available that's on you.

    4. Focusing on ships doesn't mean you can't win in arena or ga. I have focused on ships and have had top arena teams in ship arena for well over a year and a half. I'm pretty sure the 400 crystals a day for taking 1st more than pays for the gear on a fleet arena team.

    5. You don't have to have the newest meta to do well in arena and ga. There are counters. The most recent 3 metas or so work pretty well. I get top 5 daily with no malak. I use dr to do so but jkr can still get up there as well with the right mods/strategy.

    So from your comments I can tell it isn't the matchmaking that is your problem.

    Amazing...everything of which you just said was wrong.

    I have fought at least 1 (sometimes 2) Maliks in Grand Arena since the day he was released.
    YOU got Darth Revan free to play (NOT MAXED?) and you usually only see 1 other Darth Revan? You need to check the rosters, not just the defense, of the 5 other players...though that still means there are two Darth Revans...Not to mention all the other gear 12s. You should have several players with about 40 gear 12s.
    You COULD have saved all the gear and crystals needed to outright buy Darth Revan but at the cost of upgrading a lot of other stuff. Not the normal way to FTP but possible. With a really awesome guild you could make up for some of the gear you would have sacrificed to do that...but you would not have the most recent 3 metas either(I assume you mean Malik, Jedi Revan, and Padmae? Grevious? Chewy and C3PO?). Need some cash to get all that fully geared up and modded properly. The Emperor is NOT beating ALL of that. (I hope your not trying to say Emperor Palpitine is one of the 3 recent metas)

    TO ALL OF YOU STILL trying to say you don’t need a potential couple of THOUSAND DOLLARS cash to climb to the top of Grand Arena:
    in an interview the developer literally said you might need several thousand dollars to catch up! Gotta give credit for being honest, and appreciate the effort to fix things so the (I think...gotta wait and see I guess). Heck I even blew another $20 on energy recharges...gotta take advantage of those double rewards lol. Still I am concerned that the match ups might be deliberately setting recent cash spenders against FTP players. Apparently the developer says this has not been done...but EA literally has a patent on the tech to do this....matchups can be based on purchasing to make sure the players gets someone they can beat.
    This kind of stuff makes me very queasy. EA had to publish the payout rates because some states consider it online gambling. But tech that does matchmaking based on purchasing would undermine this.
    In my opinion EA must also publish anything that then changes matches based on purchases because that is also then a purchased advantage. I will believe the developer for now...but I have been so consistently burned by grand arena I am very suspicious. (Kind of wonder if I should have spent that $20)
  • TVF
    15875 posts Member
    That's not what Carrie said.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • YaeVizsla
    3015 posts Member
    Voltarc wrote: »
    Amazing...everything of which you just said was wrong.

    I have fought at least 1 (sometimes 2) Maliks in Grand Arena since the day he was released.
    YOU got Darth Revan free to play (NOT MAXED?) and you usually only see 1 other Darth Revan? You need to check the rosters, not just the defense, of the 5 other players...though that still means there are two Darth Revans...Not to mention all the other gear 12s. You should have several players with about 40 gear 12s.
    You COULD have saved all the gear and crystals needed to outright buy Darth Revan but at the cost of upgrading a lot of other stuff. Not the normal way to FTP but possible. With a really awesome guild you could make up for some of the gear you would have sacrificed to do that...but you would not have the most recent 3 metas either(I assume you mean Malik, Jedi Revan, and Padmae? Grevious? Chewy and C3PO?). Need some cash to get all that fully geared up and modded properly. The Emperor is NOT beating ALL of that. (I hope your not trying to say Emperor Palpitine is one of the 3 recent metas)

    TO ALL OF YOU STILL trying to say you don’t need a potential couple of THOUSAND DOLLARS cash to climb to the top of Grand Arena:
    in an interview the developer literally said you might need several thousand dollars to catch up! Gotta give credit for being honest, and appreciate the effort to fix things so the (I think...gotta wait and see I guess). Heck I even blew another $20 on energy recharges...gotta take advantage of those double rewards lol. Still I am concerned that the match ups might be deliberately setting recent cash spenders against FTP players. Apparently the developer says this has not been done...but EA literally has a patent on the tech to do this....matchups can be based on purchasing to make sure the players gets someone they can beat.
    This kind of stuff makes me very queasy. EA had to publish the payout rates because some states consider it online gambling. But tech that does matchmaking based on purchasing would undermine this.
    In my opinion EA must also publish anything that then changes matches based on purchases because that is also then a purchased advantage. I will believe the developer for now...but I have been so consistently burned by grand arena I am very suspicious. (Kind of wonder if I should have spent that $20)
    No developer ever said that in an interview. You are referencing a twitter reply from Carrie. One which people love taking that small piece of that tweet completely out of context and ascribing things Carrie did not say to it. She did not put forward the number, that was an unaffiliated Twitter user, and was with respect to the nebulous idea of "catching up," which is inherently absurd in Galaxy of Heroes where every PvP mode is instanced or tiered by power or start time. There is no "up" to catch. If you choose to obsess over having the newest shiny immediately but don't manage your resources effectively, you can spend large amounts of money if you so choose, but are under no obligation to do so and can perform well without it.

    Or you can use the time between the first instance of an event and the second to see how well it works and how much you want it, and prepare for the second or third coming of the event.

    Yes, preparing for these events has an opportunity cost that you could put toward other projects. Those other projects have an opportunity cost you could put toward preparing for these events. Everything has an opportunity cost. It's about deciding which projects are worth your while. If you cannot choose, and you spread yourself too thin, you end up bad at everything and have nothing.

    The matchmaking is being refined for GAC, but the algorithm at this time is very simple, based almost entirely on GP. Not spending. You have managed your resources poorly, created a poor roster with poor tools, defined achievable goals as the realm of whales as an excuse to abandon them then wrongly dismiss fellow F2Ps who achieved those goals as anomalies and whales, and then blame CG's matchmaking for you playing badly.

    This is a partly PvP game. Half the players in any match lose. You manage that chance with skill, by playing well both short and long term. You are playing badly. Therefore you perform badly. And it is your fault. Which is a good thing; because it is your fault you have the power to fix it. Or, you can continue to embody this meme:

    Dj8sI9K.jpg

    I am at a lower GP than you, and free to play. I have JKR, 3PO, and Chewie. I do not have Drevalak or Padme, though I am preparing for both. My Grievous is a work in progress. I am doing well. You do not need to have the latest, the greatest, the newest shinies in order to do well. You are surrounded in this thread by other people of comparable power, play time, and spending who ALSO do well.

    Also, yes, Palpatine is one of the 3 recent metas. 3PO, Chewie, Grievous, and Padme were never a dominant meta. The current meta is Drevalak. The meta before that is JKR. The meta before that is Sith, which yes, is a Palpatine dominant meta. Palp lead beat Traya. Traya lead beat Bastila. Bastila lead beat Palp, but with the most difficulty, leading Palp to dominate. The last major meta before that was Titans; JTR and Nightsisters didn't really lay down roots.
    Still not a he.
  • Voltarc wrote: »
    Voltarc wrote: »
    To Yae and Liath: I have 3.4 GP and currently 10 gold geared characters (up from 6 or 7 at start of Grand Arena.). I have been playing just under 2 years and think I’m doing just great thank you. I have spent about 20 bucks on this game and probably won’t spend any more because like I said it seems to be a hole to waste your money. It would cost thousands to make a significant change. I agree the problem is me...I have not spent nearly enough money. I just scanned through the other 7 players. Two have 46 gold gear characters the weakest looking player has 21 gold gear. When I say I have about 20 effective fighters I mean that I have about 10 characters or so that are not gold gear that I can use to sometimes use to kill the defensive characters. Most of these players should be able to slaughter most any defense I put up, but sometimes I get lucky (or they mess up) and only clear a few areas. I got the phonix squad fairly early and was able to get Thrawn fairly fast mainly because I watched the show and they appeared to be pretty good. Was still gearing up an emperor lead sith team. So I got lucky twice when they added thrawn and reworked the emperor. So other than the classic emperor lead making up 5 of my gold gear characters the rest are crew for my arena ships. I got biggs early with a maxed out Ackbar capital ship. (Don’t laugh it got me to top 50 in arena) and my main mistake was I should have switched to my maxed out Chimera faster when Bosk’s ship became a thing. (I currently have a gold gear Bossk). So if I had focused all my grinding on old republic I might have gotten Jedi Revan by now but to do that I would not have been able to work on my arena ships. (Which had priority prior to Grand Arena)

    My opponents REALLY have about 4 Jedi Revans, Malik, about 3 Treyas, etc and in most cases those characters are also gold gear. As far as I can tell I was right in line with what I was supposed to do... and in fact got very lucky and twice focused on critical teams before they became meta changers. Some people ignored ships and maybe that is what a mostly free to play player should do though I believe the ship arena scores were well worth the effort. However even there I am feeling the squeeze: already took on an all Rebal team with the falcon which does seem to be the new top meta team. My current chimera team with Bossk is probably the second best meta team, but I happen to have most of the rebel ships close to were they need to be...if I can upgrade two bounty hunter ships a bit more I’ll have the falcon also.

    You have several facacies in your arguements.

    1. At 3.4 mil gp, you don't see that many malak teams. I'm at around 3.5 mil go and got darth revan ftp. And I usually only see maybe one other darth revan team in my ga and usually it doesn't have malak. So it isn't like all you opponents are whales with malak.

    2. You don't have to spend money to have several good maxed teams. It just takes focus. I'm 100% ftp and I have enough good teams to win at you level easily enough.

    3. At 3.4 mil gp and two years playing you should have jkr and traya by now. No excuse not to. And you should have their teams maxed. Traya has been out for almost a year and a half as a raid reward and revan's event has run 3 times. If you didn't decide to focus on the two best teams that are ftp available that's on you.

    4. Focusing on ships doesn't mean you can't win in arena or ga. I have focused on ships and have had top arena teams in ship arena for well over a year and a half. I'm pretty sure the 400 crystals a day for taking 1st more than pays for the gear on a fleet arena team.

    5. You don't have to have the newest meta to do well in arena and ga. There are counters. The most recent 3 metas or so work pretty well. I get top 5 daily with no malak. I use dr to do so but jkr can still get up there as well with the right mods/strategy.

    So from your comments I can tell it isn't the matchmaking that is your problem.

    Amazing...everything of which you just said was wrong.

    I have fought at least 1 (sometimes 2) Maliks in Grand Arena since the day he was released.
    YOU got Darth Revan free to play (NOT MAXED?) and you usually only see 1 other Darth Revan? You need to check the rosters, not just the defense, of the 5 other players...though that still means there are two Darth Revans...Not to mention all the other gear 12s. You should have several players with about 40 gear 12s.
    You COULD have saved all the gear and crystals needed to outright buy Darth Revan but at the cost of upgrading a lot of other stuff. Not the normal way to FTP but possible. With a really awesome guild you could make up for some of the gear you would have sacrificed to do that...but you would not have the most recent 3 metas either(I assume you mean Malik, Jedi Revan, and Padmae? Grevious? Chewy and C3PO?). Need some cash to get all that fully geared up and modded properly. The Emperor is NOT beating ALL of that. (I hope your not trying to say Emperor Palpitine is one of the 3 recent metas)

    TO ALL OF YOU STILL trying to say you don’t need a potential couple of THOUSAND DOLLARS cash to climb to the top of Grand Arena:
    in an interview the developer literally said you might need several thousand dollars to catch up! Gotta give credit for being honest, and appreciate the effort to fix things so the (I think...gotta wait and see I guess). Heck I even blew another $20 on energy recharges...gotta take advantage of those double rewards lol. Still I am concerned that the match ups might be deliberately setting recent cash spenders against FTP players. Apparently the developer says this has not been done...but EA literally has a patent on the tech to do this....matchups can be based on purchasing to make sure the players gets someone they can beat.
    This kind of stuff makes me very queasy. EA had to publish the payout rates because some states consider it online gambling. But tech that does matchmaking based on purchasing would undermine this.
    In my opinion EA must also publish anything that then changes matches based on purchases because that is also then a purchased advantage. I will believe the developer for now...but I have been so consistently burned by grand arena I am very suspicious. (Kind of wonder if I should have spent that $20)

    I do check tge rosters. And out of the GAs that have sice darth revan, Ihave seen another darth revan about a third of the time and usually only one other player has them.

    That means in my gp 6 to 7 out of 8 do not. So you can't be facing only darth revans.

    And there is opportunity cost on everything. But if you focus you can get metas the first time ftp. It does require hoarding and focus. And probably getting to the top of arena. But that is all possible ftp. And yes I am in a great guild but I contribute to it as well. I get top 3 in most raids and do well in tw as well as beating all combat missions in tb.

    Once you reach a certain gp, you learn not to level everything. Right now I'm sitting on. 15k in crystals again because there isn't anything worth spending them on. If it won't improve my performance somewhere in the game, I don't use crystals for it. (except for the energy refreshes and normal farming but I have a surplus after that.) It's as simple as that. Once you start putting resources only to characters that help you do better, you'll do better.
  • Voltarc
    96 posts Member
    To Yae and Dark: Can’t see your match ups but you both seem to be underestimating the characters in the 3.4 to 3.6 range. But none of that matters anymore...sandbagging for easy wins has been HEAVILY discouraged by GA Championship which puts you in a division based on GP and the new prequels territory that requires the guild to get 80 million GP! I also can’t prove how good I am at managing resources (its a matter of opinion anyway) but in general hoarding resources does not work so well when you can use them to grow faster. The strategy you suggest works for those spending in the short term...and looks like the tide has turned. I really have not been playing that long and am ahead of the curve for GP with the bottle neck of gear being part of the problem and the fact I was mostly free to play and focused on ships burning me in GA. But EA is really encouraging you develop every viable team you can....with the only place this hurts you bad being Grand Arena...guess that is fair. I expect less people will be trying to keep Galactic Power ultra low and hope to have more even match ups.
  • TVF wrote: »
    That's not what Carrie said.

    If you mean that the podcast interviewer said it....and she agreed with this...so she did not “say it” than your right. Not sure why we are now arguing about the fact that you can’t get to the top of the meta without money (or maybe hacks?). We have YouTubers who show the most effective way to buy the top level characters. As in the CHEAPEST way to get to the top.

    If your trying to argue that a free to play player can’t get to 3.6 million...your wrong.

    If you are trying to argue that fee to play player should have kept his GP lower...your wrong

    If your trying to argue such a player is not getting matched against a majority of heavy hitters who have paid for multiple meta teams which are unbeatable (unless said heavy hitter is brain dead and does not put enough on defense or offense)...your wrong....you’ll have to trust me maybe but it happens

    However I have been somewhat satisfied with the new shift to GA championship and the 80 million requirements for separatist territories so maybe this all works now...keep your low GP and I’ll keep growing as much as I can.

  • The feats are more crippling than anything
Sign In or Register to comment.