making very little progress in the game

I compare my GA set up to what it was a few months back and where it's at now and I can certainly feel that very little progress has been made. Despite finishing high in HSTR, I still don't see a huge difference because if how many tickets it requires. Rancor and haat rewards are way down and of course since Revan and Malak I rarely get 1st place in GA any more. In the 4 million GP bracket having a GA without them is almost impossible.

The game feels grindier than ever before, with so many things to gear and work on, actively working on those Malak requirements which is a huge pain in the butt. In this very stagnating environment I can certainly see no more motivation to keep playing unless something changes quickly. Building a good stash of omegas and zetas only to blow them all on indifferent characters to attempt a legendary event is the opposite of exciting, uneventful reworks that bait people into spending resources and then not paying off simply because your boy Malak can 1v5 for some reason. I mean this one character single handedly has turned the game in a horseshow, a tank who one shot people, heals a ridiculous amount and basically in unkillable by many squads.

You want to pace players but this isn't the way, this is a perfect way to make them bored out of existence. Not having a new squad to use for months at a time only to get the new meta which at that time has become the old meta but you cannot afford the new meta so you have to abuse the old meta against others like you.

Change something fast if you care about this game any more.

Replies

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Honestly, you should find a new game if you have that many complaints about it on practically a daily basis.

A new game will probably give you more entertainment than creating a new Forum Account at any rate.
  • Haven't you lost your motivation (unless something changes quickly) like ten times in the last few weeks already?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Well, good thing you aren't in the 4m+ GP bracket then isn't it? haha
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    Well, good thing you aren't in the 4m+ GP bracket then isn't it? haha

Nothing like 310+ speed on a Drevan to make you feel inadequate.

Op - game is a grind. Got to learn to enjoy it or not mind it. Many players have been playing since its inception. Besides my barber this is my longest relationship yet.
  • Well this game is all about the grind unless you pay. Then you might bored when theres nothing to do cause you have everything
  • Haven't you lost your motivation (unless something changes quickly) like ten times in the last few weeks already?

This
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Anytime more characters are added, the distribution of resources thins making the game seem harder. Focus on what you want, gear and develop those characters first. Creating good teams is my goal. If I can’t get a full team, I hold off on gearing. (Like-Padme)
    (Also, play with what you like... I love Sith and Bounty Hunters. So I have those very well developed. It’s a game, Play for enjoyment.) :)
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    JDIII wrote: »
    he’s saying the grinding got worse, which it has

Depending on what you mean by this it’s a fairly trivial statement. Any new content, characters, events, whatever, can be viewed as making the grind worse.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Liath wrote: »

Depending on what you mean by this it’s a fairly trivial statement. Any new content, characters, events, whatever, can be viewed as making the grind worse.

Not really, only adding toons really increases the grind.

If they add content you can still do it with old toons to varying degrees of results.

If you want to "be the best" that is your choice to "make the grind worse" by wanting everything now.

Focus and grind, the grind doesn't change, keep pace and keep on moving and everything is at a steady pace.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »

Not really, only adding toons really increases the grind.

If they add content you can still do it with old toons to varying degrees of results.

If you want to "be the best" that is your choice to "make the grind worse" by wanting everything now.

Focus and grind, the grind doesn't change, keep pace and keep on moving and everything is at a steady pace.

I don’t understand this post at all. Something that requires a specific set of characters you may not have worked on before (whether it’s a legendary event, a TB mission, a new raid with a best team to use, or anything else), will be seen by players as increasing the grind because it adds to the number of things on their list that they feel they have to do.

My point was that no matter what gets added to the game, people are going to feel that way.

With your position it doesn’t even make sense to say new characters add to the grind since if you don’t “want everything now” you can just ignore them.
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member

This

I agree, the grind is soooooo boring now. It didn't used to be this bad. I counted 9 days in a row where I used all 5 chances for carth shards and got 1 or less each day. That's just tragic.

Arena is the same old mirror matchs for over a year now and ship arena...
    May sound strange but I just cant loose unless I stick it on auto. Strange I know to hear a complaint that I actually finish first every day and still have 2/3 attacks left.

Devs are obviously not stupid people but why can they not see what is obviously a problem.... I have never found another game that forces mirror matchs because they only have 1 adequate arena team at a time and all the other options are far below par
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Honestly, you should find a new game if you have that many complaints about it on practically a daily basis.

A new game will probably give you more entertainment than creating a new Forum Account at any rate.

I have suggested this multiple times to multiple versions of this account. OP seems to enjoy the complain grind most of all.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    I compare my GA set up to what it was a few months back and where it's at now and I can certainly feel that very little progress has been made. Despite finishing high in HSTR, I still don't see a huge difference because if how many tickets it requires. Rancor and haat rewards are way down and of course since Revan and Malak I rarely get 1st place in GA any more. In the 4 million GP bracket having a GA without them is almost impossible.

The game feels grindier than ever before, with so many things to gear and work on, actively working on those Malak requirements which is a huge pain in the butt. In this very stagnating environment I can certainly see no more motivation to keep playing unless something changes quickly. Building a good stash of omegas and zetas only to blow them all on indifferent characters to attempt a legendary event is the opposite of exciting, uneventful reworks that bait people into spending resources and then not paying off simply because your boy Malak can 1v5 for some reason. I mean this one character single handedly has turned the game in a horseshow, a tank who one shot people, heals a ridiculous amount and basically in unkillable by many squads.

You want to pace players but this isn't the way, this is a perfect way to make them bored out of existence. Not having a new squad to use for months at a time only to get the new meta which at that time has become the old meta but you cannot afford the new meta so you have to abuse the old meta against others like you.

Change something fast if you care about this game any more.

We went through the same thing with NS...and before them CLS...this is the next evolution.
  • Hmm if you didn't have a new squad to work on, how would you have too much to gear. Shut it sucker. What we need is a whiners forum separate from a content players forum.
  • How many times did this doofus contradict himself. And another thing, Mr 4mil GP bracket should have no trouble farming by now AT ALL. you should have everyone maxed and be shoveling out of rewards
  • I just want Jek Porkins, and the Cantina Band, also still holding out for Carbonite Han. 😊
  • Interesting thread, I read almost all the replies and I'd like to add my thoughts. First everyone refers this as a game, in a literal sense yes it is but it is a business first. So with that out of the way the developers have set 2 paths for you every step of the way. 1- if you dont want to grind, pay. Easy. 2 - if you dont mind the grind it is FTP. Again everyday you have that choice. Now if you choose option 2, they make that grind hard for a reason. Refer to my opener - it's a business with overhead, and profit margins it must maintain to be sustainable. They make the grind difficult to get a few to pay a little along the way, or for those who chose option 1 they pay and pay (your whales). So it's your choice but your thread may go nowhere because in the end they wont deviate from these 2 paths for business reasons, not the love of "the game". Resolve this and you will feel better and know you have a choice.
  • I just want Jek Porkins, and the Cantina Band, also still holding out for Carbonite Han. 😊

What's carbonite Han going to do? Fumble around blind as he begins to unfreeze, shooting at random things?🤣
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I just want Jek Porkins, and the Cantina Band, also still holding out for Carbonite Han. 😊

What's carbonite Han going to do? Fumble around blind as he begins to unfreeze, shooting at random things?🤣

@LuminariaUnduli

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/199965/kit-reveal-carbonite-han
  • To keep both posts shorter, I thought I would separate the 2 thoughts. Read above for help in resolving how to approach playing. If you still cant here is more......
    If you feel they owe ftp anything other than a long grind let me organize this. There business model can't support easier ftp. It requires a clear distinction. If they made it 5, 10 or 15% easier then its equivalent of their staff working just as many hours but for less. Or to help your resolve, go into your work and tell your boss you'll work same hours for less because you "love the work, or game". Now I'm not trying to stoke any anger I'm just trying to clearly convey how I see how this game is run. I made my choice for option 2 with a bit of 1 if I feel for some events or toons I don't want to grind, I'm fine with my choice because I can decide how I want to play. If you feel threatening on a post to quit because of the grind that's your choice, but that threat means nothing to a business that needs revenue and doesnt mind losing a ftp player. They gave you a choice.
  • LuminariaUnduli
    5 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    I just want Jek Porkins, and the Cantina Band, also still holding out for Carbonite Han. 😊

@LuminariaUnduli

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/199965/kit-reveal-carbonite-han

Oh, I thought it was a joke. 😶 Concept was way better as a joke. 😥 Possibly the lamest idea now that I have rationalized it. 🤔 They're really grasping at straws now.🤣 What's next? Dude, Where's My Banta?😁
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

@LuminariaUnduli

Oh, I thought it was a joke. 😶 Concept was way better as a joke. 😥 Possibly the lamest idea now that I have rationalized it. 🤔 They're really grasping at straws now.🤣 What's next? Dude, Where's My Banta?😁

Ummmm....it was a joke....
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

@LuminariaUnduli

5jda7yrrtj68.png