Ashoka or Daka....??

Prev1
JoshG
908 posts Member
I am really only concerned with arena here. I complete GW every day with out any problems. My current arena team is QGJ(lead), Yoda, Dooku, Lumi, GS. I started farming Daka once I got QGJ to 7*. I am currently at 4*(48/64) on Daka. My original plan was for Daka to replace Lumi. My thinking there was slightly better speed, double stun chance, possibility of revivesand still a decent heal. Adding Daka also tends to force players into making a choice. By that I mean either focus on Daka and let GS/QGJ attack, or burn down my DPS and take the chance Daka will miss her revive. Also another non-Jedi would help with ppl who still run Sid, although in my opinion he can be ignored in arena.

Now I realize this isn't a true nerf to Daka, and I honestly kind of expected it. What I didn't expect was this buff to Ahsoka. I'm just not sure if her new skill set will bring enough to put her over Daka (or Lumi for that matter) on my current team.

Anyway lemme know what you guys think. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• The nightsister.
  • I'm in the same predicament except I already have Tano at 5 stars.
  • The meta has shifted with March 15th update. Ashoka is a top 5 character now...with insane speed (highest in game with dooku at 161).

Ashoka is the new meta now. You have to focus on her now.
  • Daka
  • The meta has shifted with March 15th update. Ashoka is a top 5 character now...with insane speed (highest in game with dooku at 161).

Like now?.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    The meta has shifted with March 15th update. Ashoka is a top 5 character now...with insane speed (highest in game with dooku at 161).

I'm not so sure about this...
  • That 160 speed of hers is predicated on QGJ leader. Which means she wouldn't be highest in game with Dooku if you are taking leader abilities into account. Leia and Yoda still rule that area.

Either way, I'm not entirely sure if I would throw her straight into a top 5 character. She is heads and shoulders above where she was at for sure. My only displeasure at their buffing her like this is that now we are going to see that many more Dookus in arena. Going to make me a sad panda.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    That 160 speed of hers is predicated on QGJ leader. Which means she wouldn't be highest in game with Dooku if you are taking leader abilities into account. Leia and Yoda still rule that area.

Either way, I'm not entirely sure if I would throw her straight into a top 5 character. She is heads and shoulders above where she was at for sure. My only displeasure at their buffing her like this is that now we are going to see that many more Dookus in arena. Going to make me a sad panda.

Right but I assume 95% of people who will be using her in arena now will no doubt pair her with QGJ lead. I am torn, but I really think Daka will bring more to my team, especially on def.
  • I wouldn't doubt that. My biggest issue with using Ahsoka is going to be how exceptionally bad the AI uses her. The AI will probably open with her special. Which with her being as fast as she is, means that she is going to use a team heal on a team that will most likely have zero damage done to them.

I think Daka will be better in the long run and I'm running into the dilemma of not knowing which one to farm soon as my QGJ is done.
  • I'm facing the same question as OP. I have ahsoka at 3* and Daka not even unlocked, also I'm going for yoda 7* the next event and I think I can pull off 7* ahsoka in 30 days with two cantina refreshes and some hard nodes. This means I don't have to keep on wasting time on mace which makes me happy. So I've pretty much decided to go for ahsoka and postpone Daka for a while :smile:. I also run a Jedi heavy team right now so I guess it makes sense.
  • Who's Ashoka?
  • She gets +25 speed
  • Robdd
    111 posts Member
    So a day ago Ashoka was well below average, now people are debating taking her over Daka. Jeez talk about an extreme buff!
    My other favorite is the ones who 7 star Ashoka previously, hit a mini jackpot, (pure luck).
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Nutteralex wrote: »
    Who's Ashoka?

Thanks for your valuable contribution to this thread. Go troll some where else...
  • JoshG wrote: »
    Who's Ashoka?

Thanks for your valuable contribution to this thread. Go troll some where else...

Oh you mean AHSoka. Got yeah, you gotta be clear man.
  • darkensoul wrote: »
    She gets +25 speed

She will get +45 speed. Just to inform. Then her current speed and QGJ boost will put her at 160. Barely under Dooku.
    FTB
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    JoshG wrote: »
    Who's Ashoka?

Yes, I got you the first time. Thanks grammar police. It's nobel work ur doing, please continue.
  • Good thing they are buffing the iconic Star Wars characters.
  • JoshG wrote: »
    Who's Ashoka?

Yes, I got you the first time. Thanks grammar police. It's nobel work ur doing, please continue.

Not to be that guy, but it is noble. Nobel is a prize. :#
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    I've tried PM to EA_Jesse, but no reply/confirmation on +25 vs +45 on her speed buff... Where did you guys see 45? Official announcement says 25 and usually max stats are published NOT level one...
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Who's Ashoka?

Not to be that guy, but it is noble. Nobel is a prize. :#

Lmao...it's not my day with spelling.
  • XCOM wrote: »
    I've tried PM to EA_Jesse, but no reply/confirmation on +25 vs +45 on her speed buff... Where did you guys see 45? Official announcement says 25 and usually max stats are published NOT level one...

Guess it was data mined.
  • She may be more useful without QGJ lead, as I'd rather open with her special but the heal is useless if she moves first. Also, her basic is really weak. But she has potential, may be a top GW DPS (with the sustainability of a self-heal).

Their was a link shared that showed 45. I will try to find it. One sec
    FTB

Their was a link shared that showed 45. I will try to find it. One sec.
    http://swgoh.gg/characters/ahsoka-tano/
    FTB
  • That's where I got the +45 from.
    FTB
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Bryan1986 wrote: »
    That's where I got the +45 from.
    Why are we going by the unofficial one? Wishful thinking I guess?
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    It is correct info. I saw someone post a pic of her own fully maxed abilities on Ahsoka after the change. Can't find the thread now but the stats
    On the game update is definitely only level 1. Level 7 of the passive gave 45 speed and a 10% crit chance as the third buff. Therefore the speed one is the second one she would lose and not the first. At 161 for at least 2 turns is impressive. Even without qgj she has 138 then which is pretty useful too
  • I'm looking at the same situation, though it gets a bit complicated when trying to plan ahead. I'd like to have 5 7* Jedi for the Yoda event, which for me means trying to get either Asohka (4*) or JC (5*) to 7* after finishing up Barris. If I go the Asohka route, then I postpone getting Daka with shipments but frees up Cantina battles to finish up Dooku. If I work to get JC to 7*, then shipments go to Daka. IOW, it would be Asohka + Dooku vs. JC + Daka.
  • HanYolo wrote: »
    I'm looking at the same situation, though it gets a bit complicated when trying to plan ahead. I'd like to have 5 7* Jedi for the Yoda event, which for me means trying to get either Asohka (4*) or JC (5*) to 7* after finishing up Barris. If I go the Asohka route, then I postpone getting Daka with shipments but frees up Cantina battles to finish up Dooku. If I work to get JC to 7*, then shipments go to Daka. IOW, it would be Asohka + Dooku vs. JC + Daka.

If your going the Jedi route and attaining Yoda. I would suggest putting halt to Ahsoka and go all out QGJ to 7* . If you already have QGJ then finish Ahsoka after. Completely forget about for now Daka. Right now QGJ, Yoda, Ahsoka is the F2P Jedi dream.

Barris, Eeth, Lum, JC, QGJ should do you fine for the event.
    ☮ Consular ☮