Anakin or Mace?

Prgynt
56 posts Member
Looking to build a Jedi team, want QGJ as leader, lumi, barriss, and old ben. Need 1 more damage dealer- I'm closer to getting anakin, but it seems a lot of his strength comed from teammates dying, which is bad in GW. Mace seems to have survivability and good burst damage, which I prefer to AOE. Never see anyone using him or talking about him though. Which one would be better overall for a jedi GW team?

Replies

• The problem with Anakin is he is so hard to farm to 7*. He only has 2 or 3 hard battles you can get shards from. I think Anakin is better but I started farming Mace for Yoda just because he is easier to farm using his cantina battle.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I cannot give you a definitive answer since I do not have Anakin maxed, but I maxed Mace because of his buff and ease to level him in Cantina. I used him for Yoda challenge, but otherwise I have found him underwhelming and I only use him occasionally as fodder in GW. Anakin seems like the better option if you are able to max him, but it is not easy to do so.
  • UnckyBadTouch
    264 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Neither are really all that worth it tbh. I have both and the only thing I can find a use for them is to eat enemy cool downs in GW.

If you are considering Anakin you don't seem afraid of a long hard node grind. Might I suggest Ima-Gun Di. If you are going for a full Jedi team I feel he is the best leader. Nothing like watching someone AOE and your whole team kills them with a group counter attack.
  • I'd pick JC over Mace. Mace's Shatterpoint rarely works like you want it to and you'd rather that QGJ dispel an effect. JC hits farily hard and has a heal, which is perfect for GW.

Ahsoka is another good option, but may interfere with your QGJ farming.
  • Sticare_Courts_0073
    1916 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    It comes down to what Table you want to focus on first:
    • Galactic War? Always go with Jedi Consular, the spam heal can't be contained.
    • Squad Arena? Never try to use JC, Anakin is a pretty decent choice, as is the new and improved Ahsoka.
    Mace? Don't even bother.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Not to mention JC has a cantina node and multiple low cost hard nodes. He is about the fastest character to get to 7* in game.
  • I'd suggest you farming Anakin, even though he is tough to farm. He is much more useful in Arena than Mace.
  • Neither Anakin or Mace are even mediocre for Arena...
  • Neither Anakin or Mace are even mediocre for Arena...

Indeed, neither are mediocre. Statistics show that Anakin is pretty good-okay-ish and Mace is outright horrible.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • @UnckyBadTouch

Anakin actually makes a very viable leader, or a team member in Arena. Here's a video of him as leader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUfc9Bzmn20

Video as a member of the clone team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRgGh6Vb8pc

Ima-Gun-Di sounds good on paper, but in arena his 35% doesn't do enough to make him relevant in this meta.
  • The AoE on the last remaining opponent though. :tongue:
  • I wouldn't use Ima-Gun Di as a leader for arena either. That conversation was for GW. Even in the current meta I wouldn't use Anakin as leader either.
  • Prgynt
    56 posts Member
    What I really need is a jedi with high burst damage. With QGJ as leader, I can have lumi as dmg/healer, barriss as healer, old Ben for control. Barriss will take a while to farm, but if old ben becomes available in cantina I can get him. Really just focusing on GW, the high level teams do so much damage and move so fast, I really need a fast team with decent burst dmg and survivability to get past the alpha strike and quickly knock out one or two enemies. Aoe's take too long against those teams. I do like JC, but he is squishy, and seems to get targeted a lot.
  • Base on my own experience and many others, Old Ben is not a good pick for the Yoda challenge, mainly because Yoda's Battle Meditation completely counters Old Ben's Mind Trick.

I'd suggest you work on Ahsoka and Anakin. Ahsoka has the burst that you are looking for in your team composition, plus she just got buffed and obtainable through bronzium. While Anakin does not provide the heavy burst you are looking for, landing buff immunity on Yoda will be a game changer for you during the challenge.
  • So is ahsoka good now? Heard something about a buff. I got her at 2* from bronzium, she seems relatively easy to get shards for. Never considered her that big a threat when I faced her.
  • Prgynt wrote: »
    So is ahsoka good now? Heard something about a buff. I got her at 2* from bronzium, she seems relatively easy to get shards for. Never considered her that big a threat when I faced her.

She is actually pretty great. Hits hard, self-heal and team heal with decent speed. Much better choice than Mace.