Jango vs Bossk as BH leader

My next project is bounty hunters. My team will be bossk , jango, boba, dengar, and cad, all hopefully g12+3 with zetas. I'm planning boba and jango unique zetas, possibly bossk unique, but only want to zeta one of the leads.
This team is mainly for GA and TW. I have full CLS and JTR team, but not revan or Traya.
Any advice on leader (Bossk or Jango) is very much appreciated, I can't decide myself.
Thanks

Replies

• Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I would do the Bossk lead. It’s hands down better for any PVE event and for TW/GA it’s easy to get the payout. Jango lead is good for that speed boost but you will never get the payout in a TW/GA/arena setting.
    Post edited by Mr_Sausage on
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    I would do the Bossk lead. It’s hands down better for any PVP event and for TW/GA it’s easy to get the payout. Jango lead is good for that speed boost but you will never get the payout in a TW/GA/arena setting.

My team I’m working towards is Jango lead, Bossk, Nest, Boba, Dengar. Against a lot of opponents you will hit the payout before they even take a turn.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Generally, Bossk is more useful if you want to use hunters on defense, while Jango is more useful on offense. Though they're both useful if you go all in on hunters and get all of them fieldable.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    enough with the lies about bossk L better than jango. its not.
    jango is much easier to get contract, and to be honest, just better defensively in PvP.
    @sirjacobofglais tho you need have a Zam/Nest instead of Cad for optimal jango squad.
    bossk L is predictable, and very easy to bypass. jango is much better in hands of players and in hands of AI, vs all teams probably besides Bastila and Rex.
    TW/GA Counters Bot - https://discord.gg/jZH44Hb | Discord: SidiousIsPikachu#5768
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Bossk is best if you are using on defense or most events. Jango squads if modded right will do much more in raids and most offensive pvp matchups
  • Options
    Payout literally doesn't matter with jango the payout does almost nothing. If you get it everyone gets a free revive which is epic but the best part of the zeta on jango comes PRE payout.
    A) the speed boost and it's actually for ANY scoundrel so he can potentially lead other squads.
    B) enemies have - 40% tenacity ZETA -20 potency PER DEBUFF on BH.
    C) might be the zeta adding BH HAVE +36% OFFENSE WITH BH RESOLVE (this means jango Ang boba have +35% offense the entire battle.

And the best most useful thing about his lead is actually NOT Pat of the zeta ability at all.

Enemies suffering from burning CAN NOT gain bonus turn meter!

I just did my BH lead zeta I'm doing the same as OP only zetaing one BH leader. might do Bossk lead zeta later for GA defense but way down the road.
    OP: I am SO GLAD I went with jango on this point.
    The turn meter part of jangos lead ability is the biggest and most powerful part of it. With it zetad I am able to take on squads who I couldn't even try fighting before. My latest thing is palpatine led empire squads! This lead ability shuts them down 100%. I also have jangos notorious reputation Zeta. Enemies defeated in his turn cannot be revived. It is well worth it and was actually my first Ever zeta. I only have 5 now. Jango is a great investment. He is one of the deadliest toons on the game. A total sleeper who no one thinks much of but his basic is one of the heaviest dealiest attacks - PERIOD - in the game.
    And under jango lead. I can destroy empire squads thatre 30k power above me. My 85k against a 115k power squad. But those squads who rely on TM gain. Shuts hem down so bad
  • Options
    I building Jango but will use the Bossk lead. He has good leadership but I'm thinking for Chewie, Bossk. Now rebel roundup he may just have the lead there because of the TM/burning thing.
  • Options
    As cool and fun as Jangos lead looks, bossk is better for most everything. GA , TW, TB
  • Options
    Mostly everyone uses bastila on defense which makes Jango lead amazing on defense

And a lot of people seem to think a full BH team is the best when it's not.

A jango lead with 3 BH and the 5th slot using L3 or Nest makes this team incredibly difficult to beat and it will force someone to use a big gun like JKR to beat it.

Same goes with bossk. 3 BH and for the 5th B2/nest or L3.

Counters like zEmp will get steamrolled attacking it. Same goes with JTR.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Options
    I’ve always had a way harder time against Jango than Bossk when fighting BH, everyone seems to think Bossk is a great defensive team, I always find those easy to beat like a breeze. Jango on the other hand I actually have to think.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • fseixas
    33 posts Member
    Options
    Payout literally doesn't matter with jango the payout does almost nothing. If you get it everyone gets a free revive which is epic but the best part of the zeta on jango comes PRE payout.
    A) the speed boost and it's actually for ANY scoundrel so he can potentially lead other squads.
    B) enemies have - 40% tenacity ZETA -20 potency PER DEBUFF on BH.
    C) might be the zeta adding BH HAVE +36% OFFENSE WITH BH RESOLVE (this means jango Ang boba have +35% offense the entire battle.

And the best most useful thing about his lead is actually NOT Pat of the zeta ability at all.

Enemies suffering from burning CAN NOT gain bonus turn meter!

I just did my BH lead zeta I'm doing the same as OP only zetaing one BH leader. might do Bossk lead zeta later for GA defense but way down the road.
    OP: I am SO GLAD I went with jango on this point.
    The turn meter part of jangos lead ability is the biggest and most powerful part of it. With it zetad I am able to take on squads who I couldn't even try fighting before. My latest thing is palpatine led empire squads! This lead ability shuts them down 100%. I also have jangos notorious reputation Zeta. Enemies defeated in his turn cannot be revived. It is well worth it and was actually my first Ever zeta. I only have 5 now. Jango is a great investment. He is one of the deadliest toons on the game. A total sleeper who no one thinks much of but his basic is one of the heaviest dealiest attacks - PERIOD - in the game.
    And under jango lead. I can destroy empire squads thatre 30k power above me. My 85k against a 115k power squad. But those squads who rely on TM gain. Shuts hem down so bad

I used to climb arena on Palpatine teams. Jango (L), Boba, Bossk, Raid Han and Cad Bane. By stunning Vader, you prevented the TM train to even leave the station. Good old days!
  • Options
    Mostly everyone uses bastila on defense which makes Jango lead amazing on defense

And a lot of people seem to think a full BH team is the best when it's not.

BINGO: I went from 30day avg roughly 900 to currently about 600 and still picking up since my jango zeta addition was recent. The big change I made was

-use jango as lead of course

-use BSF in my 5th slot. After she casts fear boba and jango can one hit kill just about any toons in the game...
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    jango is much easier to get contract, and to be honest, just better defensively in PvP.
    @sirjacobofglais tho you need have a Zam/Nest instead of Cad for optimal jango squad.
    bossk L is predictable, and very easy to bypass. jango is much better in hands of players and in hands of AI, vs all teams probably besides Bastila and Rex.
    I may have to agree. I have a BH team led by Bossk, my typical setup is zBossk(L) (g12, speed=241), zBoba (g12, 242), Greedo (g12, 177), Dengar (g12, 149), Jango (g11, 266) and the TW/GA results are pretty disappointing when I use them as a defense team, they usually go down in a single match. Hopefully the opponent did it wasting a major team but there’s no way I can tell. I want to try the Jango led for this GA round.
    I don’t think they are a waste to farm though, they are fun to use, especially during the rebel roundabout event. I’m fond of these not amazing yet fun to use teams any way...
  • Options
    Globuhl wrote: »
    I may have to agree. I have a BH team led by Bossk, my typical setup is zBossk(L) (g12, speed=241), zBoba (g12, 242), Greedo (g12, 177), Dengar (g12, 149), Jango (g11, 266) and the TW/GA results are pretty disappointing when I use them as a defense team, they usually go down in a single match. Hopefully the opponent did it wasting a major team but there’s no way I can tell. I want to try the Jango led for this GA round.
    I don’t think they are a waste to farm though, they are fun to use, especially during the rebel roundabout event. I’m fond of these not amazing yet fun to use teams any way...

I suggest you swap. I also was very disappointed with my zzBossk L, he brought exactly 0 defenses in many many tries. Jango on the other hand, 4 out of 5 times will have defense win.
    https://imgur.com/a/1JB3iTI
    TW/GA Counters Bot - https://discord.gg/jZH44Hb | Discord: SidiousIsPikachu#5768
  • Options
    Bossk L BH *** brought 0 defenses. When giving him pretaunt, sometimes he managed to. But not remotely close to Jango.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    My Bossk-lead hunters have held very well in GA (from around 1.5-2.1m GP). Very few squads hold well in TW where your opponents have a 25-50x the resources to work with.

Jango lead is better against debuff-oriented teams like Empire command and also useful for hunter+scoundrel mashup squads but Bossk is a great general-purpose lead. Probably not what you want to hear but you would be well served to invest in both.

Jango's unique is invaluable and Bossk's is very useful if you have made him tough enough to take the heat. Boba's unique however is a luxury zeta imho. I'd spend that on the second lead instead.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    I sure hope our TW opponent is reading this and switches all BH leads to jango....free up some weaker squads for us
  • Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    I sure hope our TW opponent is reading this and switches all BH leads to jango....free up some weaker squads for us

this comment guarantees your guild is below 200M GP, and probably below even 180-170M GP, as i know some of the better guilds in around 180-200M gp are using jango walls.
    most of the top guilds of 200M+ GP put jango walls, not bossk walls. and all the guild have 50 zetas on bossk L.
    and ofc shows you are below the 3.5M GP, as there already starting to see lot of jangos. and in the 4.5M+ the rumors say you see mostly jangos and few Bossks L.
    anyway this thread was surely funny, with a bit of sad. shows how the lie of "Bossk L is better defensively" is still here and the majority even believe in it. especially when Bossk is hands of AI is much worse than Jango in hands of AI, so the "defensively" even make less sense.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    This team is mainly for GA and TW. I have full CLS and JTR team, but not revan or Traya.
    With that lineup I seriously doubt the OP is at 3.5-4.5m GP.. More like 1.5-2m. Good advice should relate to the circumstances of the requester.
  • Options
    if i wouldn't listen to the brainless advice of "bossk better defensively", i wouldnt have Bossk z today.
    and since i regret having Bossk L zetad, id say it wasnt a good advice ?
    anyway, if he at some point will use Jango over Bossk, its a waste of zeta, plain and simple. i feel like i wasted this zeta. i got chewie before i had bossk 7*, with Boba L. i used Bossk L for some time, it barely got defenses, and i switched to jango, i cant even imagine me using Bossk L again.
    im trying to prevent him from making the mistake I, and many others did. those many others maybe in the 3.5M+ GP or part of focused TW guild of 180M+ GP, but many regret having bossk L cause they just use Jango.
    also, in most cases im beating Bossk L BH with team of 4. using 4v5 Imperial troopers to beat Bossk L BH. i really cant advise him to zeta bossk if i can crush it with not full team even. for me personally, i see Bossk L as absolute cheese defense, that is very easy to pass. if he'll experience the same now, or in the future, doesnt matter. a waste is a waste.

in fact, im so sure i'll never use Bossk L, that if CG is offering me a 1 zeta mat (not fully zeta of 20, just 1) for cancelling the Bossk zeta, i take it. just like i would take QGJ zeta off for single mat
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Generally, Bossk is more useful if you want to use hunters on defense, while Jango is more useful on offense. Though they're both useful if you go all in on hunters and get all of them fieldable.

People always say this, but I think it's actually the opposite. Bossk's payout probably won't ever trigger, or at least not until really late in the match, on defense. So the +30 speed you get off the bat from Jango makes them way more of a threat, even without the healing from Bossk.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    if i wouldn't listen to the brainless advice of "bossk better defensively", i wouldnt have Bossk z today.
    anyway, if he at some point will use Jango over Bossk, its a waste of zeta, plain and simple. i feel like i wasted this zeta. i got chewie before i had bossk 7*, with Boba L. i used Bossk L for some time, it barely got defenses, and i switched to jango, i cant even imagine me using Bossk L again.
    im trying to prevent him from making the mistake I, and many others did. those many others maybe in the 3.5M+ GP or part of focused TW guild of 180M+ GP, but many regret having bossk L cause they just use Jango.
    also, in most cases im beating Bossk L BH with team of 4. using 4v5 Imperial troopers to beat Bossk L BH. i really cant advise him to zeta bossk if i can crush it with not full team even. for me personally, i see Bossk L as absolute cheese defense, that is very easy to pass. if he'll experience the same now, or in the future, doesnt matter. a waste is a waste.

in fact, im so sure i'll never use Bossk L, that if CG is offering me a 1 zeta mat (not fully zeta of 20, just 1) for cancelling the Bossk zeta, i take it. just like i would take QGJ zeta off for single mat

Bossk is better for PvE events, and having both Jango and Bossk leads zeta'd is extremely useful for 3v3 GA, so not a total waste. Jango's lead is better for 5v5 PvP though.

Most people zeta'd bossk's lead before Jango was really farmable though.
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Bossk is better for PvE events, and having both Jango and Bossk leads zeta'd is extremely useful for 3v3 GA, so not a total waste. Jango's lead is better for 5v5 PvP though.

For pve there are better leads like embo or aurra
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    By all means I encourage the jango wall.. .not arguing one bit.....makes our tw wins just that much easier. Statistics dont lie and statistics clearly point to a zbossk lead in TW. Each to his own but the spread of faulty information can be bad for inexperienced players just starting out.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Fahrius wrote: »
    Vertigo wrote: »

For pve there are better leads like embo or aurra

I was talking more like TB and events. Specific raid teams yes you want Aurra/Embo.
    Kokie wrote: »
    By all means I encourage the jango wall.. .not arguing one bit.....makes our tw wins just that much easier. Statistics dont lie and statistics clearly point to a zbossk lead in TW. Each to his own but the spread of faulty information can be bad for inexperienced players just starting out.

And how exactly is a Jango lead easier, do share. What team would you use to kill these Jango walls that wouldn't also kill zBossk just as easily if not easier?
  • Options
    in this current TW, we are facing a guild that is currently top50 in Territory wars (in # of GP defeated).
    from 3 Jangos they faced so far - mine won 2 times and lost in the third. other won 1 time and lost in the third, and won lost on the second time.
    so overall 6 teams wasted on 3 jangos team.
    from 19 bossks they faced so far - 3 teams won 1 time, lost the second. the rest lost in 1.
    overall, 22 teams wasted on 19 bossks teams.
    and as i said, this guild is a known guild, TW focused, top50 in TW this month (undefeated in the last 3 at least) so its not bunch of some noobs trying to face jango with their Clones.
    this is, btw, the case for pretty much every TW in the last months. offense wise, defense wise.. Bossk getting shredded fast, Jango actually bringing the defenses.
    but im sure the "statistics" shows differently.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Sid I just got Jango to 6*. What is the best team with him?

I don't run Jango but I agree Bossk is "known" and easily countered right now. So much so that I considered saving him for O because he usually gets 1 shot. Hes better if you hide him in a back row but thats not always an option.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Sid I just got Jango to 6*. What is the best team with him?

I don't run Jango but I agree Bossk is "known" and easily countered right now. So much so that I considered saving him for O because he usually gets 1 shot. Hes better if you hide him in a back row but thats not always an option.

Jango, Boba, Bossk, Dengar, and either Zam or Nest (both should be fast)
  • Options
    @VonZant exactly as he said above.
    you are going for the fast contract. Bossk as fast as possible, putting frenzy.
    Nest/Zam(/Sid) go after, putting AoE debuffs on all.
    Bossk gain turn, calling all to assist. adding 4-7 to contract.
    Boba, Jango, Dengar going on their turns, using AoE, each add 5 to contract.
    contract done in the end of the round.
    this is the beautiful part - it works exactly like this for defense too, as the AI using this moves, so you just need to mod Bossk and the debuffer to go before the other 3 AoEs. (zam aoe doenst count as "hit" so she must be in the place of a "debuffer" and not of "AoE hitter")
    but you can wait meanwhile to put jango in def. jango at 6* or jango at 7* with some g12 items is big change. jango is offensive and fast L, and it wont work perfectly if some of the team is bit squishy. it will absolutely be amazing when they all g12 with good modding and items.