SWGOH is in need of a substantial "system shock" to fix the universe.

Prev1
I don't recall a point in time over the past 2.5 years where there has been so little development in the game. The last "new" PvE event was the Sith Raid, which is more than 1 year ago. Grand Arena is a new game play mode, and it is the best part of the game right now.

One would think that the developers are starting to get nervous about the complete lack of ingenuity in the game right now. For long time players, most of the events are either "simmable" or you can simply play on auto. You can finish your daily activities in 20 minutes and really not have to expend even the smallest amount of thought on strategy.

It's fine to release new characters, but there really does need to be a forum to use them, other than just creating one additional grand arena team.

When the game was released, all the way through the Sith Raid, it seemed like a tremendous amount of thought went into the process of developing new game modes -- TW, TB, Ships (ships 2.0), raids, GA, etc. Not any more.

I really haven't put much credence into the "sky is falling" narrative over the past year coming from folks in the forums (since most people here are just extremely negative). But it isn't only the forums any longer. People are leaving guilds, and if they aren't leaving, they are just not participating like they used to. Game Changers are posting videos regularly now asking if this is the end of the game. It's a bit frustrating and disappointing, considering the amount of money and time people like I have put into it.

I think that the development team has a bunker mentality. They believe that everyone is out to get them (you really have seen this in Carrie's posts over the last few months), and they seem paralyzed as a result.

They really need some new content to jazz up the base (not just new characters). They also need to bring the Game Changers back into the fold. They have done themselves a terrible disservice by failing to keep them excited, because the same people who spent 2.5 years building up a base of excited players now just expend their time criticizing the game to those same people, who in turn, become more negative about the game as well.

I say this all from a point of selfishness -- I have spent so much time and money on the game that I really don't want it to fail. My investment is too big. But, in corporate America, when management smells blood, they attack. And the attack will either be to cut the budget for the game and just bleed it dry, or they will simply replace the entire team of developers to reinvigorate the game and its base.

I know that this is a long post. I do hope that @crumb or @carrie reads this and are thinking the same thing, rather than just chalk this up as more pointless whining. Because when the game fails, I'll be bummed but can just find another one to occupy my time. They'll need to find a new livelihood if their response is "the base sucks; let's ignore the base."

Replies

• WVT77
    9 posts Member
    I typically hate reading the forum post, and I disagree with the vast majority. But this one is spot on! Well written and straight to the point. High end players are leaving in big numbers. A new Raid, new TB, AND expanded uses for ships are all needed badly! And Quickly! Not next year, now!
    Yes, I realize a new TB is on the horizon, but it’s not enough to save this sinking ship. Give us a new raid, a ship raid, a new cap ship, and a way to compete with the DR monopoly in arena, or just sit on your hands and watch the game crumble. The ball is in your court CG....
  • all good points, and the nail in the coffin is the game is extremely boring now and lack s strategy thx to the op revans. another fun mode like grand arena would help, and something big for ships maybe similar, but none of these kind of things will fix the revan issue, and people quitting due to it
  • > Grand Arena is a new game play mode, and it is the worst part of the game right now.

FTFY
  • I and my guild mates having been saying for the last 3+ years that they need a pvp mode within our guilds.
    We've all been clamouring to battle each other and test our squads internally. You don't even need to give rewards. Bragging rights alone is enough.
    This would keep people engaged and give us a goal to strive for by trying to beat one another by making our squads better
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    Live pvp arena battles. I’m tired of battling AI

That would require actual strategy to be involved in arena. With the current "faster mods win" setup, it doesn't really matter whether the opponent is human, AI or a chicken with grain scattered around a phone.
  • It does seem like there is an overall lack of vision beyond dollars and cents.

We really don't need 90% of the game to he expanded universe stuff, we want original trilogy content as well and it would be nice if some of the battles in TB and such weren't all just faceless goons to mow down wave after wave.

Give me a battle that really escalates to a Raid Boss Vader or a Death Star Ship Raid or something along those lines.

Or just have a plan and follow through instead of throwing a bunch of stuff out there then changing it after the fact...
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    We?

I mean, I'd prefer that too, but not everyone does.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    We?

I mean, I'd prefer that too, but not everyone does.

Yup I'd prefer OT, but also very much enjoy some of the EU stuff. I think they do a great job of mixing stuff around.
  • I agree with everything except that GA is the best part of the game =P. Personally, I hate it. But that's opinion. I think part of the problem is they keep adding new content and characters with no way to stay competitive without spending money. I spend way more than I should for a game, but I enjoy it, so I don't mind. The problem I see is the more things they add, the more time it takes to complete stuff to not be competitive without spending money. We, as a guild lost almost 20 players recently and didn't get back to 50 until months later. People seem to be leaving in droves
  • Hantal86
    217 posts Member
    I hate GA because apparently I didn’t play the game properly all that time we were promised we’d never suffer for boosting a toon.

Ships, arena, GW as a minimum need an overhaul. Challenges and raids also need new tiers. Something to allow us to ACTUALLY use our entire rosters

The problem now is that a new raid would be ridiculously tough to beat. The biggest mistake CG ever made was making Sith Raid easier- that set a precedent for the future
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Hantal86 wrote: »
    I hate GA because apparently I didn’t play the game properly all that time we were promised we’d never suffer for boosting a toon.

Source?
  • Hantal86 wrote: »

Ships, arena, GW as a minimum need an overhaul. Challenges and raids also need new tiers. Something to allow us to ACTUALLY use our entire rosters

The problem now is that a new raid would be ridiculously tough to beat. The biggest mistake CG ever made was making Sith Raid easier- that set a precedent for the future

I don't recall ever being promised that gearing a bad toon wouldn't have consequences. The opportunity cost of not having those resources for future better characters was always there. Some ignored it while others didn't
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    GA is the worst part of SWGOH hands down. With all this Malaks there is no balance. Either you have it, or you needn’t even bother. It is so anti tactic as anything really can be.
    Really hope they would just remove it.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    GA is the worst part of SWGOH hands down. With all this Malaks there is no balance. Either you have it, or you needn’t even bother. It is so anti tactic as anything really can be.

I'm pretty sure they don't remove part of the game just because certain people aren't doing as well as they want.
  • Vinniarth wrote: »

There are counters. I beat malak in arena everyday with no malak.

I use dr. dark bastilla, hk, thrawn, and gmy. Works nearly every time with the right mods. I hear that thrawn in a jkr team works too.
  • The source of that TVF was when they said NS paper zombie was a investment/gameplay strategy that they didn't like.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • The source of that TVF was when they said NS paper zombie was a investment/gameplay strategy that they didn't like.

No, that's more of you have to gear a character for it to work issue. Not a you won't ever regret gearing a bad character issue.
  • Yet, they made it clear that was a strategy they didn't approve of.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    The two situations are not at all comparable.
  • casper1jr
    175 posts Member
    Those that have been playing games for years know that every game peeks out and this game has peeked. It's a fact that over time the gap in players GP gets so far apart that it's hard to come out with new content that appeals to all players.

Toons were added too fast just like releasing properties in mafia games too fast would kill those games as well. The profit it made in the beginning of the game when it's easier to rank. More players had a chance to rank in year one verses year three. This alone will prevent players from even trying to rank knowing it's out of reach.

When you release content too fast you speed up the death of a game. This has been proven over a 10 year run with the mafia games. Key is to release stuff slow and keep the power down as long as possible because once that gap comes into play, then the game will peek out which we say in the last year. This is because everyone started complaining that things were coming so slow. This is the end result in people not having patience.

• Hantal86
    217 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Source?

It was the justification for paper zombie fix
  • TVF wrote: »

Source?

Go check out the primary thread on this tooic called FLUFF. Weve oosted direct quotes from CG.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member

I think that the development team has a bunker mentality. They believe that everyone is out to get them (you really have seen this in Carrie's posts over the last few months), and they seem paralyzed as a result.

Really, can you blame them? They're constantly getting tagged in people's asinine whine threads, and 90% of the time when they post something the response is "FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU." I'd get a little defensive too.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I have referenced this indirectly a number of times previously, but I think that the staff may have already been reduced with a mandate to just stretch out the game as long as possible.

Circumstantial evidence.
    1) No new events (other than legendaries) since September 2018.
    2) No new raid content in over a year (and constant nerfs to slow down player progress on HSTR).
    3) No new PvE tables since September 2018.
    4) Only 2 marquee characters and 2 Galactic Chase ships since November.
    5) One new game mode that recycled the code base from Territory War.
    6) Tons of rushed/botched releases and unpatched bugs.

I'm a largely F2P player (bought the recent $6.99 pack and the Vets pack back in 2017) and I am literally down to farming a handful of characters. The only omegas I can still give are Jawas and Tuskens.

Maybe they'll surprise me and drop a bunch of new stuff next month. I hope so. I love my guild, theory crafting, and Star Wars in general, but I've had a bad feeling about this for a while...
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    Agree with original post, the game is stale and boring now and I hate the constant mirror matchs.
    I'm on my last legs in terms of my ability to continue to play a game that is more of a chore than fun.
    Feels like a job I dont get paid for.
  • They have posted in the last road ahead that we're getting a new territory battle and a new grand arena championship game modes. This was posted in April with a projected release within the next 3 months...

86t1zzej6z47.png

Does that not count as new content?