You may not like 8* but would really invigorate the game

Prev1
Dk_rek
3299 posts Member
edited May 2019
New raid requires 8* for heroic for g13 or something but 7 * rewards would have to be good.

Whales and dolphins be mad refreshing again (bring back 8 attemtps permanantly). Drain on credits, could affect arena rankings (debateable) depends who people choose to 8* first arena team or raid teams

Give day 1 whales and people with Nothing to do something to do.

All the refrshes and stuff boosts CG income while we are in this marquee chase drought

Be honest lots of people would moan and complain but after a month or two. Or once ppl hitting 8* raid tier that would settle down profits up game gets another 3 years

Replies

• Just no.
  • LOL, you are overlooking the simple fact the devs have categorically stated that eight stars will never happen.

Now if you want to truly cause a mass exodus of players, Asking for an eighth star will do that in a blink. After converting hundreds of excess shards to gear, deciding an eighth star is needed would be the worst decision possible lol.

• Mstrefe1
    281 posts Member
    Interesting idea. I know that the stash of credits I have would be missed since I would have to re-upgrade my characters. However, it might be interesting to see 8* raids. Those could be the Mythic raids that everyone was talking about a few months ago, and have increased difficulty in Rancor since most guilds just sim it at this point, with HAAT likely to get that ability sooner rather than later. Personally, I wouldnt mind it too much other than the fact that I would have to go back to every single character node that I have been at.

One issue that I see with this is legendary characters and journey characters. Would you have to go back into their respective events to 8* them? Would CG boost the last level's reward of shards up (and give all players who already have them at 7* shards in the inbox)? If players have to go back into their event, is Mythic closed off until they get 8*? Or could it be like getting Capital ships to 7*, and you have to 8* them through the Mythic events?

I think this is interesting, but I can see a few problems arising from going down this route. Personally, I think 8* would be a fun and interesting way for players (like myself) who are running out of characters to 7* to get back into the game and invest in the game more.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    I can’t imagine having to go back to all the farming locations I’ve done for another 150ish shards. It would definitely make me quit.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    HARD PASS. Half the reason people declare Marvel Strike Force to be trash is precisely because they threw in the ability to go beyond seven stars, requiring ridiculous amounts of shards to do so.

I have 151 7-star characters. You want me to farm what, another 125 shards for every single one of them? No. Screw that.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Won’t happen,

Lvl 90 to 100 and gear 13 is 100% coming.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    No. Just no. Especially considering that they are doing all they can to hinder shard farming. Just imagine having to get 150 - 200 more shard from a single hard node...
  • JVU420
    429 posts Member
    Horrible idea. Devs stated 7* is maxed case closed.
  • Mstrefe1
    281 posts Member
    If I am honest, I dont remember the Devs stating that 7* is max. Im fine if that is the case.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I think we can all agree that first half of thread title is right, second half is wrong.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • They'd have to either rework every legendary and journey event to either drop extra shards, add a while extra level or two, or do the coding that adds the toons for GET once you 7*. That sounds like way more work than bumping the level cap up or adding a new gear tier or two that could achieve the same result.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    LOL, you are overlooking the simple fact the devs have categorically stated that eight stars will never happen.

Now if you want to truly cause a mass exodus of players, Asking for an eighth star will do that in a blink. After converting hundreds of excess shards to gear, deciding an eighth star is needed would be the worst decision possible lol.

This.
  • Halmirus
    51 posts Member
    No **** that g13 sure 8* so where uhave to farm all your characters AGAIN. this game would die
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I think we can all agree that first half of thread title is right, second half is wrong.

Hmm my theory was correct..... so many people hate this idea its almost guaranteed to happen....

Ppl want things (pve ships etc) you get ignored

Things ppl dont want..... 100% guaranteed

Start savin dem shards
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Hmm my theory was correct..... so many people hate this idea its almost guaranteed to happen....

I think we can all agree that first half of your theory is right, second half is wrong.

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

I think we can all agree that first half of your theory is right, second half is wrong.

3 yrs watching how the clown car rolls YOU KNOW its coming..... CG prob telling EA no bad idea. But the dumb suits.... oh yeah its happening
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited May 2019

They already said it won't.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    The only thing I dislike is this useless suggestion and it’d really invigorate my game if no more useless suggestions were suggested.
  • Psycosaltine
    481 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    If youre really that hard up for something to farm make an alt. Dont suggest things that harm 99% of the playerbase and adds yet another reason for new players to never start this game
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »
    The only thing I dislike is this useless suggestion and it’d really invigorate my game if no more useless suggestions were suggested.

your the man hutamus.... your the man

I miss Cyan soooooo much these days
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    If youre really that hard up for something to farm make an alt. Dont suggest things that harm 99% of the playerbase and adds yet another reason for new players to never start this game

I'm sorry....figured these boards are filled with 299 useless suggestions....

Ask for ship stuff for 2 years you don't get it.... why would they do this.

That's the best part of these boards... no matter what you say or do NOTHING will change

so worry not youngling I can make all the useless suggestions I want..... because in the end...it' dont' matter cause they dont' care upstairs what we say for the "most" part
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

Remember Gear 12..... DEV - "we have NO INTENTION of releasing G12 anytime soon" 2-3 weeks later

DEV- "We are proud to announce G12"

They can say whatever they want.... They are going to do what they are going to do irregardless of suggestions we make OR the STATEMENTS they make.... It is what it is

They say things then go back on it and in the end that means one thing..... ANYTHING can happen at anytime.

bearcup manscouts motto : Always be one thing in this game

vfl6qt9omee0.png
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »

your the man hutamus.... your the man

I miss Cyan soooooo much these days

I can recommend somewhere cheap for ink. Is it just cyan? Are you OK for magenta, black and yellow?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited May 2019

Remember Gear 12..... DEV - "we have NO INTENTION of releasing G12 anytime soon" 2-3 weeks later

They can say whatever they want.... They are going to do what they are going to do irregardless of suggestions we make OR the STATEMENTS they make.... It is what it is

You've already been told by other people why they will never do 8*. If you want to bring up something I either don't remember or wasn't around for, while ignoring the other posts, ok.

But to your last point, why make a suggestion if you know they will do whatever they want regardless of what you suggest?
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    edited May 2019

The difference is that they didn't say they were never adding g12, just they weren't adding it just then. And it was longer than 2-3 weeks between the two statements. They have explicitly stated that they will never go beyond 7*, because the game is not programmed to allow for it.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I have two thoughts on this.

1. Why?
    2. NO

That is all.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • DarthKoon
    449 posts Member
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    I have two thoughts on this.

1. Why?
    2. NO

That is all.

I have to agree. NO.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I mean, who doesn't want to farm an additional (atleast) 100 shards on a single fleet node to max out Nest and b1? That would really invigorate the game for me !
    haha
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • **** **** op