Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    No_Try wrote: »
    APX_919 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Good for what? Unlocking Padmé maybe but we don't know till event comes back.

Good for anything else? no haven't seen him do anything important.

You must be one of those "only arena matters" people.

Not really I'm more of a realist. If you have evidence of Nute greatness share and change my mind.

Where else is he good? For GA I can think of at least 10+ teams better than anything with nute. Revan 2x, JTR, CLS, NS, BH, IT, EP, TRAYA, GG, Ewoks, Padmé, nest teams, plus more all better in GA/TW/TB/ARENA/raids than nute so where does he shine?

Unless you know of an unstoppable Nute team I'm not aware of thats better than the above...he isn't any good now imo.

Heh a realist that forms an opinion before ever looking for any evidence. Oxymoronic.

We call them falsists: creators of their own unshared reality.

Back to the topic at hand. Nute may not be awesome but he is a lot more fun.

He created his own unshared reality...

BTW I agree with him. Nute may not be awesome. But he is fun.

Lmfao...

Wow, well thanks for proving my point. No one even asked is Nute fun. Try to stay on topic, it's hard I can tell...

The op asked is Nute worth leveling up. The answer is NO. If your a competitive player there are 50 to 100 better characters to invest in.

As far as the proof that Nute is some amazing GA character it's apparently all over the Internet but no one can post any links for the op.

Part of why Nute still sucks so bad is his zeta is broken and not working at all so his rework was essentially a change of his description only.

Go look at the bug reports if you don't beleive me and think I'm making a false reality, or better ignore me, gear Nute to g13 and keep the video secret, I'm sure it will work out well for you.

You are %100 wrong on this subject and listing GG as one of the teams that are better than any uses of Nute -wink wink- makes you lose all credibility for anything you will further say on the subject.

https://youtu.be/IVty9eRKpzY

Nute post rework didn't make the top 15 teams list by mobile gamer. Yes rework happened before this list was made.

But don't take my word for it, don't watch the video, according to a few people posting here Nute is amazing. Trust them because they say I have no idea what I'm talking about and GG isn't useful but Nute really really is. don't worry about g12 GG Droid teams to kill Revans, don't worry about G12 GG for 7* Padmé, GG isn't needed and anyone who says GG is more useful has lost all credibility.

no they can't provide any proof, videos or pics that Nute is great or how he is used. We should all just know that Nute is definitely very useful in GA and we should take him yo g12 with a zeta ASAP because someone on forum said so.

See ya in GA I hope you bring your g12 Nute so I can kill it with my anything I have left team.

I'm talking directly from practise as I'm in full awareness of what it is capable of beyond opinions of others. And those opinions that reveal what Nute is capable of and why it's a very good rework is out there. I still refuse to provide you some. If you are genuinely interested, look up for yourself what goes on in practise.

I didn't say GG isn't useful whatsoever. What faction does Nute belong to? Why did this rework get made in the first place? What was CG's purpose there? And what did it cause to an already high tier secondary team? There is your answer.
  • Mojo_1
    54 posts Member
    How about the below teams with Nute for GA BobcatSkywalker (no proof?)

youtube.com/watch?v=bM55zuGedbMyoutube.com/watch?v=ChCdskkvvLc

• Mojo_1
    54 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    youtube.com/watch?v=bM55zuGedbM[url="

Or this one with Nute lead beating a number of GA teams easily?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Mojo_1 wrote: »
    youtube.com/watch?v=bM55zuGedbM[url="

Or this one with Nute lead beating a number of GA teams easily?

Careful now, let's not induce cognitive dissonance on our friend who is not capable of performing searches xD.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Ok. Serious question as I have yet to get a solid answer anywhere (and I'll have my zeta ready tomorrow). Does it go to GG monstrosity or Nute? (so far only B1 has his zeta) And why?

*my team is the standard build that has a screenshot in the first page.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Ok. Serious question as I have yet to get a solid answer anywhere (and I'll have my zeta ready tomorrow). Does it go to GG monstrosity or Nute? (so far only B1 has his zeta) And why?

Monstrosity is the better zeta but Nutes will likely inflict more damage immediately, monstrosity is 100% required for a great Grevious team while Nute’s is not.

Unless you have a completely G12+ and 6* modded Grevious, go with Nutes zeta first
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »

Monstrosity is the better zeta but Nutes will likely inflict more damage immediately, monstrosity is 100% required for a great Grevious team while Nute’s is not.

Unless you have a completely G12+ and 6* modded Grevious, go with Nutes zeta first

I have that type of GG, but without the zetas. Can you give me an opinion about other zetas in the team if you have insight? Gear is no problem. I want my team in a very good state, but not so much as it's detrimental to the development elsewhere. So GG gets monstrosity first, Nute will get his. How important is GG lead zeta?
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    I just zetad monstrosity based on these posts and others. I had b 1 as well , I don’t like the fact that monstrosity works only after someone dies. So that pretty much makes sure that they are a purely offence team ? Or am I missing a reason as to why monstrosity is so important. Either way , I still think it was more priority than greve lead. I think b2 is probably more important than nute and greve lead
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    He seems good, but I'm waiting until CG releases the team he's supposed to be with before doing anything with him.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    He seems good, but I'm waiting until CG releases the team he's supposed to be with before doing anything with him.

He's good with sep droids for now I believe?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    He's obviously designed to work with current seps. When they design more seps, they'll design those considering the current Nute and Dooku kit. I doubt there's a team he's supposed to be in though.
  • Wow Nute can beat bounty hunter teams!!!

Stop the presses!
  • Treeburner
    773 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Wow Nute can beat bounty hunter teams!!!

Stop the presses!

"For GA I can think of at least 10+ teams better than anything with nute. Revan 2x, JTR, CLS, NS, BH, IT, EP, TRAYA, GG, Ewoks, Padmé, nest teams, plus more all better in GA/TW/TB/ARENA/raids than nute so where does he shine?"

Thought you said BH team was better ? Now judging by the reaction it seems like said team just turned into a pile of CUPs . I'm getting confused with your changing of standards, are BHs better or not ,make your mind up.

"Unless you know of an unstoppable Nute team I'm not aware of thats better than the above...he isn't any good now imo."
    If nute beats one of the above does that mean he is good ?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Treeburner wrote: »

Stop the presses!

"For GA I can think of at least 10+ teams better than anything with nute. Revan 2x, JTR, CLS, NS, BH, IT, EP, TRAYA, GG, Ewoks, Padmé, nest teams, plus more all better in GA/TW/TB/ARENA/raids than nute so where does he shine?"

Thought you said BH team was better ? Now judging by the reaction it seems like said team just turned into a pile of CUPs . I'm getting confused with your changing of standards, are BHs better or not ,make your mind up.

"Unless you know of an unstoppable Nute team I'm not aware of thats better than the above...he isn't any good now imo."

You know where his hyperbole ends? When he finds out one team Nute team (whatever that is supposed to mean) can't beat.
  • Treeburner wrote: »

Stop the presses!

If you just add Nute to a GG team that already beat bounty hunters AND Revan WITHOUT Nute, then say look Nute is great BECAUSE he can beats BH and Revan teams. that's EXTREMELY MISLEADING.

You see Nute can make the team better but that doesn't automatically mean he is useful. If GG with Nute doesn't beat more teams than it already beat without Nute - I would say YES it's better NO its not useful.

put Nute in a Malak team with a super fast bastilla then you beat another Malak team does that mean NUTE is useful? No he is just on the team.

If you couldn't beat Malak or BH, then you add Nute and all of a sudden your crushing Malak or BH that's actually useful.

The GG team I mentioned as being one of the 10 was already a team capable of beating Revan and BH before Nute was reworked.

Nute is useful killing that l37 team, I'll give u guys that much but that's a really rare team to see unless your 4m gp +

Nute is NOT the reason why GG beats BH. That has been happening for months.

He is also NOT why Wampa beats Phoenix but you can add Nute to that Wampa team and make a claim sure.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Why do people think their posts are more correct the more capital letters they use?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Stop the presses!

If you just add Nute to a GG team that already beat bounty hunters AND Revan WITHOUT Nute, then say look Nute is great BECAUSE he can beats BH and Revan teams. that's EXTREMELY MISLEADING.

You see Nute can make the team better but that doesn't automatically mean he is useful. If GG with Nute doesn't beat more teams than it already beat without Nute - I would say YES it's better NO its not useful.

put Nute in a Malak team with a super fast bastilla then you beat another Malak team does that mean NUTE is useful? No he is just on the team.

If you couldn't beat Malak or BH, then you add Nute and all of a sudden your crushing Malak or BH that's actually useful.

The GG team I mentioned as being one of the 10 was already a team capable of beating Revan and BH before Nute was reworked.

Nute is useful killing that l37 team, I'll give u guys that much but that's a really rare team to see unless your 4m gp +

He is also NOT why Wampa beats Phoenix but you can add Nute to that Wampa team and make a claim sure.

So do you retract from your original statements?
    - Nute sucks
    - He's not worth leveling
    - There are 50 to 100 characters that are better than him.

Cool rhetoric.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Published a few hours ago. Nute making thrash geos substantial. Done with GG monstrosity. Next zeta will go to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDFQBjEiqac
  • Of course Nute is good now.

Meta good? No, course not. Good? Very good? Yep.

He's also a lot of fun. Remember that thing?
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Published a few hours ago. Nute making thrash geos substantial. Done with GG monstrosity. Next zeta will go to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDFQBjEiqac

You need to have the sunglasses-version of Nute for that to work though. Vanilla Nute just don’t pack enough cool.
    Post edited by Stokat on
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Why do people think their posts are more correct the more capital letters they use?

Same reason they think repeating the same sentence again and again, or adding the clap emoji between words makes them more correct.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • No_Try wrote: »

Stop the presses!

- Nute sucks

Cool rhetoric.

1. Nute still sucks I don't care if people post a video showing he can beat g12 Phoenix, if that impressed you I feel bad.

2. Nute isn't worth leveling, what is his use? Beat BH or Phx teams there's tons of teams that do that already and very efficiently.

3. There are 50 to 100 characters better than him, for example a g12 wampa will kill that Phoenix team all by himself. Sure u could farm Nute and geo to g12 to beat Phoenix but you will just be inflating your GP which will hurt you in GA and that means no g13 pieces.

Your call. I hope u all invest in Nute and fluff up that GP on this useless guy.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited June 2019

Stop the presses!

- Nute sucks

Cool rhetoric.

1. Nute still sucks I don't care if people post a video showing he can beat g12 Phoenix, if that impressed you I feel bad.

2. Nute isn't worth leveling, what is his use? Beat BH or Phx teams there's tons of teams that do that already and very efficiently.

3. There are 50 to 100 characters better than him, for example a g12 wampa will kill that Phoenix team all by himself. Sure u could farm Nute and geo to g12 to beat Phoenix but you will just be inflating your GP which will hurt you in GA and that means no g13 pieces.

Your call. I hope u all invest in Nute and fluff up that GP on this useless guy.

Lol ok then. Keep at it ;)

p.s.: I doubt you watched the video you provided as a counter proof as better teams, because he gets mentioned right there as the newly emerged better option in his team.
    Post edited by No_Try on
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

1) The video showed him against: Full maxed out phoenix with all zetas (test account), Bossk, Bastila with GMY, Qi'ra.
    2) His use? Counter the teams listed above and possibly becoming more relevant in ships with a capital ship (yet to see if this is going to happen).
    3) A single Wampa is no guaranteed win against a fully maxed out phoenix team even if you put him under a Rex lead. Also the Nute team is just in an "alpha" state currently with just Nute + Dooku being reworked while the bugs are still waiting for their rework.

If he isn't worth leveling even tho you can counter a very solid def team like Qi'ra with it despite not being at his full potential yet, I'm curious on what's "worthy" for you to be leveled and geared up for TW/GA purposes.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I don't think there's a thing as Nute team, he provides many options making the team he goes in better. He became a no brainer for any high end rosters right now. Not a day goes by I keep seeing him in weird team combos (besides imo his best use in a GG team)
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Legend91 wrote: »

I'd say this team is only useful if the following 4 things are true.
    1) you don't have a full NS team
    2) you don't use GG Droids
    3) you struggle to beat Revan.
    4) you do have g12 Asajj and B1.

I'm not sure how many players have a g12 Asajj & b1 but don't have another more efficient answer to Revan.

Otherwise it requires players to sacrifice using Asajj on their NS team and sacrifice using B1 on their GG team. I personally wouldn't pull key units away from 2 other elite teams in order to make 1 team. That's not useful to me because NS are really good with Asajj, without her... Not so good. Plus GG is good but without B1 is kinda weak.

They did say more teams comps coming it would be interesting to see if Nute and Dooku could work in a comp without requiring pulling Asajj and b1.

I haven't seen any Nute comps that I would actually use in a tw or GA, so since I wouldn't use Nute I don't think its useful to gear him up. I'm not sure why this is so hard for some people to understand.

Ps. to the guy bragging it was a fully zeta g12 Phoenix team, that's not that good of a team endgame... Lol
    Tons of teams already beat phx. Wampa + anything use lobot mob enforcer for fun. I beat a fully zeta g12 phx with wampa, just wampa last GA. (checking for bonus points).
    If you ever ever EVER lost to Phoenix using a g12 zeta wampa your doing something very wrong.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    It's so hard to understand maybe because you have no consistent arguments, grasping to straws and with each sentence comitting multiple logical fallacies? Meanwhile you also refuse to watch/read stuff except this topic that provides multiple proofs why he's useful in many scenarios while coming back to comment with your non-theories you set initial argument with.

And it's not like one can't simply check the kit, read swgoh.gg to see his end stats overall and theory craft why he's really good right now. Don't for a moment assume we are here to prove you anything. It's just too fun to poke holes in your non arguments xD.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    If you ever ever EVER lost to Phoenix using a g12 zeta wampa your doing something very wrong.

It's an inevitability that you'll eventually lose to a phoenix team if you keep sending in solo wampa. The fact that you think you have to do someting wrong to lose vs phoenix with a solo wampa kinda makes me think you haven't used it often vs decent phoenix teams.
    As for the whole nute thing, at a certain point you kinda just have to admit he's usefull. It's okay.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

It's an inevitability that you'll eventually lose to a phoenix team if you keep sending in solo wampa. The fact that you think you have to do someting wrong to lose vs phoenix with a solo wampa kinda makes me think you haven't used it often vs decent phoenix teams.
    As for the whole nute thing, at a certain point you kinda just have to admit he's usefull. It's okay.

You seem to have conveniently replaced "G12 zeta" with "solo" to misquote me in order to make your point.

what I said was, "If you ever ever EVER lost to Phoenix using a g12 zeta wampa your doing something very wrong.

Who struggles to beat Phoenix teams anyway?

The fact that a video of Nute vs a Phoenix team is even being used as evidence of how useful Nute is speaks for itself. It's THAT useful.