Is Nute any good now?

13Next

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    If you ever ever EVER lost to Phoenix using a g12 zeta wampa your doing something very wrong.

It's an inevitability that you'll eventually lose to a phoenix team if you keep sending in solo wampa. The fact that you think you have to do someting wrong to lose vs phoenix with a solo wampa kinda makes me think you haven't used it often vs decent phoenix teams.
    As for the whole nute thing, at a certain point you kinda just have to admit he's usefull. It's okay.

You seem to have conveniently replaced "G12 zeta" with "solo" to misquote me in order to make your point.

what I said was, "If you ever ever EVER lost to Phoenix using a g12 zeta wampa your doing something very wrong.

Who struggles to beat Phoenix teams anyway?

The fact that a video of Nute vs a Phoenix team is even being used as evidence of how useful Nute is speaks for itself. It's THAT useful.

Yeah it's only THAT useful if one simply ignores everything else posted in the topic and easily avaliable when one searches for them at large. Cool logic.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    If you ever ever EVER lost to Phoenix using a g12 zeta wampa your doing something very wrong.

It's an inevitability that you'll eventually lose to a phoenix team if you keep sending in solo wampa. The fact that you think you have to do someting wrong to lose vs phoenix with a solo wampa kinda makes me think you haven't used it often vs decent phoenix teams.
    As for the whole nute thing, at a certain point you kinda just have to admit he's usefull. It's okay.

You seem to have conveniently replaced "G12 zeta" with "solo" to misquote me in order to make your point.

what I said was, "If you ever ever EVER lost to Phoenix using a g12 zeta wampa your doing something very wrong.

Who struggles to beat Phoenix teams anyway?

The fact that a video of Nute vs a Phoenix team is even being used as evidence of how useful Nute is speaks for itself. It's THAT useful.
    Sorry, didn't mean to misquote. The "wampa + anything" and " I beat a fully zeta g12 phx with wampa, just wampa last GA." seemed to indicate that you thought wampa can always do it on his own. You were just exagurating to prove a point i guess, but didn't actually say wampa is that good, or that it's that easy to beat phoenix. My bad.
    Nute is also being used vs JKR succesfully, but that doesn´t mean squat if he´s also used to beat phoenix ofcourse...
    Also, wampa is a great toon to have for GA solely because wampa is amazing vs "mediocre" rebel teams. Following your logic that would mean wampa actually sucks and isn´t worth gearing.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCqnxN-Yc0Q
    Oh look, a g12 zWampa under Rex lead gets stomped by a fully maxed out Phoenix squad after eating a hit from Hera while being armor shredded and 5x exposed (a big swing from Ezra could've done the job aswell).
    This thread gets better and better for entertainment purpose, gotta get my popcorn ready.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    In @BobcatSkywalker 's defense, that player obviously did something wrong since he lost ;p (in this case going in too light)
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    All hope was lost for Strawmankind xD
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I can't wait to get beaten in GA since I gained gp xD. This thing has became decently tanky too.

s32uhgsw4z39.png
  • No_Try wrote: »
    I can't wait to get beaten in GA since I gained gp xD. This thing has became decently tanky too.

s32uhgsw4z39.png

Hah nice I actually envy you.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    oefff, even the +6 speed gear pieces, that's commitment!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    He's an integral part of my GG team now. If peeps blink the other way one of the 3 significant damage dealers can hit them hard. I was going to put on the zeta to wrap the thing up for eternity, but other priorities are calling for now.

Meanwhile he's bound to get his cap, so sooner or later this is what ship players will have to do as well. As seperatist ground inflates I'll prolly move him onto another team.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Lemme know how else he can be modded in a GG setup. I adjusted it from the default template on grandivory.

qytk2o5w1pj2.png
    luent4d4w5un.png
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    full speed seems like the way to go regardless of in which team you're using him. Don't really need any thing else on him from what i can see.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    full speed seems like the way to go regardless of in which team you're using him. Don't really need any thing else on him from what i can see.

Ok then, that's the most I can afford without hurting my other teams and priorities.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I'm an **** and got confused, lmao. Still think speed is the way to go, but to a lesser extent than i did before when thinking nute granted TM to the whole team.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm an **** and got confused, lmao. Still think speed is the way to go, but to a lesser extent than i did before when thinking nute granted TM to the whole team.

This is where a pure speed template gets me. It's preferrable?
    d6u8xb78h0c4.png

*For some reason grandivory calculated Nute's prot. wrong. That's at 43k.
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Just managed to give my GG that last g12 piece, figure Nute will be next then. I'm really liking these new Separatist kits. Will be fun to see what Wat Tambor brings to the table and any other Seps down the road.

Well after Darth Revan anyway lol
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Just managed to give my GG that last g12 piece, figure Nute will be next then. I'm really liking these new Separatist kits. Will be fun to see what Wat Tambor brings to the table and any other Seps down the road.

Speculation: Wat+G12 finisher piece will bring Seps to the arena.
  • No_Try wrote: »

Hard to speculate without knowing his kit, but who would Wat replace in GG's squad if you're using Nute? B2 is needed to keep enemy buffs in check, B1 for obvious reasons, so does Droideka get cut?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    willennium wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

Hard to speculate without knowing his kit, but who would Wat replace in GG's squad if you're using Nute? B2 is needed to keep enemy buffs in check, B1 for obvious reasons, so does Droideka get cut?

Didn't say I'll use Nute in that case, sorry if saying that in terms of the topic confused you. Maybe can dump Droideka and see how it works. But I'm assuming Wat will replace my Nute, while I shift him to the 2nd Sep team.

Yeah we need to see the Wat's kit, so far we know he's directly exemplified as a HODA type. And we know of the crazy g12 finisher bump GG is gonna get as one of the best options to wrap the gear tier, just not the exact amount.
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited June 2019

I'm seriously hoping that's the case! Apparently GG gets over 95k health at g13 with the proper health mods with health primaries. That's going to translate into serious bigboi crits. Only thing that remains to be seen is if other toons will get enough survivability to mitigate it. But I do believe at least Grievous will come quite well out of the whole g13 deal. 67k to 95k health... That's almost 30% damage increase.
  • willennium wrote: »

B1 willl almost definitely not be on a proper arena team. So I guess B1.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Nute wrapped. Final state:

2hprlosaqigi.png
    10gv3dzavzq8.png

• Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Well if nothing else they will most certainly be needed for the DS Geonosis TB. I use nute in my gg squad too but put gearing them on hold until after DR and (hopefully) Malak.