Best mod set up for gm yoda

I've heard that gm Yoda is better suited with purely offensive mods and not so much speed. As probably the heaviest hitting jedi toon I can definitely see why that would be the case but is speed still necessary? And would going after critical damage/ chance be a bad idea? I just think that a toon like him would benefit from having the most potential damage output.

Replies

• Options
    Speed is largely irrelevant if he’s in the Classic JKR team. He gets called to assist all the time and gains 50% TM from using his basic on an enemy with >50% health.

Most suggest 2x Crit Chance and 4 x offence mods. Primary should be offence on the arrow and cross, without question. Circle shouldn’t matter too much what primary, but you want as much offence as you can find as secondaries. Remember though that mods with offence % primary can only have flat offence secondary.

There’s debate on whether the triangle should be Crit damage of offence primary. Against teams with GK he’ll hardly ever Crit, so I chose offence.

With 6 dot mods in key positions you should get special offence above 7000 - that’s might big hitting right there.
  • Options
    If you follow the graphs then Offense set with crit damage triangle assuming that the current crit chance is 65 to 95%. We are talking marginally better, probably 5 to 10% more comparable damage output to a CD set with CD triangle with crit chance being somewhere between 65 to 95%, all at g12. My current GMY is 250 speed. Could I drop that for an offense arrow with a speed secondary to 235? Probably. I do think that going all offense and speed and not even thinking about crit might be better for GMY Revan teams against a GK team.

Offense % arrow , triangle , cross, and as much + speed + offense as possible. I'd argue that the circle's primary should probably be based off of which raw stat your other mods boosted more: +protection or + health.

A lot of my mods bring + health and + health % besides what I was looking for like + offense or potency. I think making the circle primary logic based off of that is almost always smart except with tanks. I think all tanks shoud go primary protection circle unless they have a health regen ability and no protection rege .
  • Options
    I still think speed helps, maybe instead of an Offense triangle use a crit damage that way those hits are heavier.
  • Options
    And if you run him under a Padme lead you also want speed right? (Because neither of his bonus turn meters happen under her lead.)
  • Options
    I use two mod load outs. Offense under JKR and Speed under Padme. He absolutely needs to go first against Darth Revan.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    I leave him with Speed to counter DR teams. Just switch to offense for P2 of Heroic Sith raid.
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Options
    I think the arrow should be speed in any case. It helps the other 50% TM grow faster when hitting >50% health enemy and of course when below. With % offense secondary boosted top as %offense can get to 8.46% on 6E secondary
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Options
    Juzz wrote: »
    I think the arrow should be speed in any case. It helps the other 50% TM grow faster when hitting >50% health enemy and of course when below. With % offense secondary boosted top as %offense can get to 8.46% on 6E secondary

I think +offence might be better no? 6e secondary flat offence of 190+
  • Options
    Treeburner wrote: »

Because of his high special damage , he gains more from a decent offence % (needs to be 6e to be decent though)
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Treeburner wrote: »

Yoda has a base especial damage of around 4k
    If you get to 8% on secondary:
    4k * 0.08 = 320
    Even only to 6%:
    4k * 0.06 = 240

Max flat, perfect, for 6e is 253

...and you don't have to grind 2 mods for Yoda's arrow
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain