dislike this current GA format, twice in a row!?

I want to see...

Am I the only one that finds this format for GA to be the most boring, and doesn't leave much space for strategy to beat your opponents?

The format I'm talking about is when all your squads are in the same territory. (Added to the fact we have to use fleet's in general doesn't help 😉).

There's no hiding a semi-strong team in the back, hoping that they use up the best counters before then, or the strategy of going top or bottom to see what's behind it. It's simply boring to instantly know what you need to use vs what squads, and you end up with the same matchups as you would always. No room for creative, rarely used teams to wink out a full clear.

This game mode has so much potential to be a lot of fun, but when you can instantly see what they put on defense makes it, well, boring!

Can we please go back to the splitting into multiple territories kinda thing? If you have to include fleets (which I understand I'm biased against), my favorite one was the one where fleets were behind a squad so the opponent has to make a strategy to make sure that they can beat what squad you put in front of the fleet to get to use them. (Or to go the other way if they are more confident in their squads than fleets). It's a lot like territory wars in that sense, which is fun.

That format requires strategy, and doesn't lead to whoever has the best teams always winning. If you can include some player skill in the game mode, it'll always be more exciting.

Please let me know if I'm not alone in this sentiment!

Thanks,
-Kyte

Replies

• Yes, this is by far the worst GA format. I was going to make a thread about it. Having no back territories removes most of the strategy, as well as the fun. Also 3v3 is way better than 5v5. Additionally, they should get the ships out of GA entirely. Throw those fleet-lovers (all 12 of them) a little more PvE content to pacify them so the rest of us can battle in peace.
  • Maybe there could be a Grand Fleet Arena, completely separate from the GA with squads, so you can set 1 defense and save 1 for offense, or go up from there based on fleet GP 😁
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    I don’t really care about the format, I like em all. It’s the rewards that are the killer. They need to be increased substantially.
  • Ladislav
    114 posts Member
    I on the other hand like this format the most. It is the only format which is balancing chances for people who don't have counter for particular team. That is a big issue with traditional format for lower GP players where the chance that you don't have a counter to specific team is high and your opponent can completely lock you out. There is no strategy if nothing in your roaster can get through the front line.

I think both formats should be used to give everyone chance to have a fun.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This is by far my least favorite layout, but it does lend itself to it's own strategy.

It is much more of a fine point of, a single large bet, but it has some depth.
  • Maybe you should get a better fleet
  • Just **** me off that they are the same rewards as last time
  • Not my favorite layout, but it doesn't bother me too much. What DOES bother me is that we cannot edit our squads once placed. I just accidentally deployed my JKR without Jolee ... oh man, bummer.
  • @EventineElessedil Ouch! I'd have to say, the squad builder helps me set my D really fast. As far as OP question, I actually like the variety, this game could use more variety.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Not my favorite layout, but it doesn't bother me too much. What DOES bother me is that we cannot edit our squads once placed. I just accidentally deployed my JKR without Jolee ... oh man, bummer.

Why dont you use the team builder? Saves a lot of time and headache.
  • @EventineElessedil Ouch! I'd have to say, the squad builder helps me set my D really fast. As far as OP question, I actually like the variety, this game could use more variety.
    Not my favorite layout, but it doesn't bother me too much. What DOES bother me is that we cannot edit our squads once placed. I just accidentally deployed my JKR without Jolee ... oh man, bummer.

Why dont you use the team builder? Saves a lot of time and headache.

Yes ... well I do, except I was trying something a bit different and things just kind of happened. Team comps can be fluid depending on what you expect to see on your opponent's board.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I want
    That format requires strategy, and doesn't lead to whoever has the best teams always winning. If you can include some player skill in the game mode, it'll always be more exciting.

Not my favourite map either, but still:
    Only one strategic element is left out. GA is still fun with this map - only slightly less than the 4 zones map. It works still.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    I'm happy this map is one of the available maps. I actually enjoy the GA when this map shows up as it's less stressful worrying about how to counter with the least power so you can save teams for a potential strong back territory only to find out they filled it with junk, so now your top teams go unused. Ugh.

But I wouldnt want all GA to be this way, as the variety of different maps is what makes this game mode so fun and engaging. Just a bummer getting it twice in a row
  • Kard_1986
    153 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I’d like them to randomise it every round. We all love rng so why not make the maps the same. 3v3, 5v5, ships chuck it all in and you get what you’re given.

Actually that would goose auto-deploy ignore me
    797-722-718